“A Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Longmont, Colorado
“A Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Cannot complain about my one-night stay here. Staff was friendly and the breakfast was solid. Modern and clean, easy access from I-75. I made it here from the Tampa airport on light weekend traffic in about 25 minutes.

I'd definitely stay here again.

One downside is that on the weekend before my stay, the hotel staff could not actually make a reservation for me at the quoted rate from the Hampton website, after the Hampton web server was spewing errors at me. They condemned me to calling the Hampton 1-800 number, which was a small hassle.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
San Juan, PR
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2012

Very nice hotel. The rooms are comfortable, and it's located on a quiet zone. It's not close to the airport or downtown, but it's just a 15 min drive away.

The best part: the full breakfast selections. Eggs, sausages, bread, yogurt, fresh fruit, cereal, bagels, coffee, juices, and make-your-own waffles.

The only bad thing: Breakfast area is small considering the size of the hotel, so be there early if you want to avoid the crowd.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
North Miami, Fl
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

This was my second stay at the North Tampa Hampton. This is the nicest Inn I have ever stayed at. The staff starting with Towanda Moody made us feel welcome and took care of our every need. The beds are great, however the pillows are too thick. We were allowed to park our motorcycles under the breezeway which was very safe and most appreciated. On top of that Towanda brought out a box of old towles for us to clean our bikes off in the morning. Our dinner, which was BBQ cooked to perfection by the staff, was provided at no extra cost. In the morning the breakfast is the best you are going to get anywhere thanks to Pam and Lorie. All this is included for the price of admission. We stayed an extra night.

Room Tip: Bring you own pillow
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled with friends
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2012

The staff at the hotel are really focused on the guests. We went to a manager's reception and felt as though we were in a great cocktail party. One employee, Nikole, bent over backwards to make sure everyone felt welcome and was taken care of. These folks have the gift of true hospitality. I will stay here whenever I visit Tampa in the future.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012 via mobile

I would not rank this as the best Hampton that I ever stayed in, but it not bad. I read the reviews commending the staff and can't say I saw anything that outstanding. The person checking us seemed a bit harried and not overly welcoming.

The room was not as quiet as a Best Western I had just left. We heard the motorcycles revving their engines quite well. The room was also darker than I am used to even with every light turned on.

The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The AC worked fine and the morning breakfast had a nice variety of food and drink.

Stayed March 2012
Norton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2012

This is our 3rd year at the Hampton Tampa North. The facility is immaculate and it is staffed by a group of people dedicated to making your stay as positive as possible. This includes the housekeeping and food staff. Particularly Pam, Alicia, Lori, Nicole, Merilyn and Adrienne. The staff is attentive to your every need, the facility is kept spotless, conveniently located right off Rt 75and the value for your dollar cannot be beaten. We will put our money where our mouth is and return for a fourth year.

Room Tip: The suites are an excellent value
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Minneaplois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2012

I stay in more hotels - Hilton of course - than I do in my own home. Nikole was superb, welcoming, treated all guests with the same amount of kindness & made sure that everyone was taken care of for dinner. Marion although new was also gracious and accomadating, freindly & helpful. I would highly recomend this hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North? Share your experiences!