We stayed in a one-bedroom suite with our two teenage daughters. We were pleasantly surprised by the size and layout of the suite. It had a small kitchenette with a full-sized refrigerator/freezer (with an icemaker), dishwasher, stove. There was a very limited amount of dishes & glassware, but we didn't cook or eat in, so it was sufficient for us. The bathroom was outside the master bedroom, convenient to everyone without disrupting anyone.
The hotel has a "reception" at 5:30 during the week with enough food to make it a light dinner. We had hamburgers wish sides one night and tacos another night. It was a pleasant "bonus". The breakfast was not cooked to order or extensive, but there was always two hot items, a waffle station, pastries, cereals, fresh fruit, etc. There is always hot coffee and fresh baked cookies in the lobby.
The biggest bonus to this hotel was the free shuttle service they offered. They had a 7-passenger van at our disposal for transportation to Busch Gardens, Adventure Island and other local attractions (Hard Rock casino). Other hotels we've stayed at while going to amusement parks offered a shuttle van with pre-scheduled times of departure and pick up. This van was available throughout the day. We used it several times a day to come and go. The hotel is probably about 15 minutes from Busch Gardens, so this was a HUGE benefit.
The pool was somewhat small and there was no spa, but we were so busy with the theme parks, we didn't really use it other than one night. It was clean with plenty of lounge chairs.
The hotel was clean, the staff was friendly and efficient. We would highly recommend this hotel to families looking for a nice hotel at a great value.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get in touch with nature and get to know the rich cultural heritage of Tampa, the heart and pulse of the Tampa Bay area including St. Petersburg and Clearwater. The Hampton Inn & Suites® hotel in Tampa-North offers a free local shuttle service to area attractions and corporate businesses in and around the area. Our award-winning hotel provides excellent service and accommodations; we are located just off I-75 in a quiet, natural preserve business district called Hidden River Corporate Park.Step out your door and prepare for adventure, because our hotel in Tampa is only about a mile from the Wilderness Park reserve, and less than five minutes from Busch Gardens and Adventure Island. Find more family activities in the nearby Channelside District, an entertainment-dining multiplex just east of downtown that is home to the Florida Aquarium, a glass-domed marine wonderland. Our hotel in Tampa also makes it easy to delve into history at Tampa Bay History Center; get a taste of the local Cuban culture in Ybor City; and enjoy the nightlife in the SoHo district. Stop by the front desk, and our Tampa hotel team will offer insightful tips on the area's attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, AAA Travel Services, Expedia, Orbitz, Hilton Hotels, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Odigeo and Tingo so you can book your Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hampton Inn And Suites Tampa - North
- Hampton Inn & Suites Tampa - North Hotel Tampa
- Hampton Inn Hotel Tampa
- Hampton Inn Tampa
- Tampa Hampton Inn