“small pool” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #80 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
United States
“small pool”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

hotel was clean but room doors was hard to open and close. The pool was extremely small and uncomfortable. A little privacy from the parking lot would help the atmosphere. The pool was clean but it not a comfortable setting. The fitness room was small didn't have a variety of equipment. but overall my stay went smoothly.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Dennis F, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for staying with us. I'm sorry our pool did not exceed your expectations. We hope you will still consider staying with us again in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
siloam springs, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

i took my son on a cruise for his college graduation present and needed a hotel the night before and after the cruise, this hampton was very nice, staff was very friendly and the shuttle service was on time and friendly drivers, breakfast was good the beds were comfortable I will be back to this Hampton for any future trips I have in Tampa

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Nancy V, Director of Sales at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this review, December 16, 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for being our guest. We look forward to having you stay with us in the future when you are traveling in the Tampa Bay area.
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I see the other reviews by people and my opinion is that you get exactly what you would expect from a Hampton Inn at this hotel. It is clean and a pretty solid place to stay. The one thing that did stand out in my opinion was the service of the front desk staff. Each person I interacted with was very friendly and helpful. Someone mentioned something about the shuttle to the airport, I had a rental car, so I didn't use that service, but they did say that it has the limited hours mentioned and that it runs on the hour from the hotel to the airport. There are a few close restaurants that are near the hotel, but no restaurant onsite. It is very close to the airport, yet I didn't hear any air traffic during my stay.

Room Tip: If you can get a room that overlooks the water.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

The worst part of our short stay was when we had to leave. I had an amazing nights rest as the mattress was super comfortable. The staff was pleasant and very accomodating. I will definitely be returning in the near future.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Pacific City, Oregon
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

On their website, they state there is complimentary airport shuttle service. Nowhere does it mention that the shuttle is offered only from 8am to 10pm. Really??!! This is an airport hotel! If they have such limited hours, then it should be stated on their website. I would have chose another place to stay if I had known.

My flight arrived at 11:30pm, collected my bags and called the hotel for shuttle. Was told their shuttle hours were from 8am and ended at 10:00pm. I was not happy. Had to get a cab which has a fixed rate of $15 (plus tip). That's not a bad price, but when expecting an airport hotel to have shuttle service, it was totally annoying.

Once at the hotel, the room was a typical Hampton hotel room which is exactly what I expected and wanted. Breakfast again, was as expected.

This review would have been rated a 4 or 5 if the "complimentary airport shuttle" had hours that commuters would actually need, but I hope that this property will change their website to reveal their very limited shuttle hours.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Daniel L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this review, July 15, 2013
It is true that our shuttle only runs from 5am until 10pm, however, if a guest needs a ride to or from the airport outside of those hours, we happilly pay for the taxi ride for you. Since your stay with us, the hotel was purchased and new ownership/management is in place. We want to make your next stay with us perfect!
Plymouth, MA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

We've stayed ant many Hamptons and they are usually fine but this one is much older and needs to be updated. No refridgerators in room, worn furnishings, bathrooms. Pool is tiny. Rocky Point is a great location but there are other better choices to stay than this one.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Daniel L, General Manager at Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport, responded to this review, September 4, 2013
Thank you for your review. Since we will be renovating the hotel, I hope you will consider staying with us again. Unfortunately there isn't much that can be done about the pool's size, but one of the goals of our renovation is to get microwaves and refrigerators in all of our rooms.
Franklin, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 11, 2013

We recently booked a room at the Rocky Point Hampton Inn. I paid extra to get the "cruise package" which includes transportation to the hotel from the airport as well as from the hotel to the port terminal for our cruise. Our flight was to arrive late-11:00 pm. The first time I called the hotel, I was told that would be OK. I called again right before our trip was to start and I was told the shuttle didn't run after 10:00. We ended up renting a taxi-no offer from the hotel to re-compensate us. If you need transportation while staying at the hotel, there is no complementary shuttle service and the asking fee was 15.00 a person. The location of this hotel offers no stores within walking distance and only one restaurant. The hotel didn't have us booked for the "cruise package" but their free internet service allowed me access to my emails and I was able to show them their error. The room was clean and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. The free internet was great. The breakfast was great and we enjoyed the nearby "Bahama Breeze" restaurant.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

I am sorry for any confusion that may have occured. It is the hotel's policy to pay for our guest's taxi ride to or from the airport if transportation is needed outside of the shuttle's normal hours. In the future, please dont hesitate to contact me if there is any kind of issue. We want your stay with us to be 100% perfect.

Been to Hampton Inn Tampa / Rocky Point - Airport? Share your experiences!