“Pleasantly Impressed with this hotel.” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #38 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
NY
“Pleasantly Impressed with this hotel.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

My husband had a business trip in Tampa recently. The three of us, myself, husband and 2 1/2 year old joined him. We stayed for 3 nights. Upon check in, Michael was very kind, very knowledgable and professional. He gave us a quick tour of the dining area, bar and pool. We were told that they were still undergoing some renovations to upgrade the hotel and we may hear some construction going on between the hours of 9 am - 6 pm. We did not hear a thing. We were given a room on the 5th floor which has been completely renovated about two weeks prior to our stay.

Upon walking into the room, I was very pleased. It was clean, modern and loved the layout. The carpet is brand new, everything was brand new and the flat panel TV is a large size. The room does lack a microwave. However, you can go down to the lobby to use the microwave.

The bathroom is very small. It has what you need in there, a toilet and shower. Outside is the sink and vanity. So, that's fine. My husband who is an architect by trade did mention a couple of design flaws that I would not have noticed. The bathroom door is too large for the bathroom as it's quite small. The faucet in the sink is too small and placed in the wrong position.

We had a pool view. Which was nice. Unfortunately, our room was right next to the ice vending machine. The first night I did not hear too much of the ice being dispensed from the vending machine, but as the remainder of our stay went on, It started to become quite an annoyance to keep hearing people get their ice. Not a big deal really. My son slept through it and my husband did as well. I just put in my ear plugs.

The last night there was a noisy group on our floor or above our room. They were loud, yelling, banging things, sounded like they were moving around furniture or something and music was loud. I had to call the front desk to complain.

Overall, I enjoyed our stay there. It was new, clean and modern. The staff was very nice and professional except for one young girl. As I checked out with my toddler (my husband was still in his meeting) I was telling my son to stop touching things in their cooler. I had a long day and I had some bags to carry out to the car as well. I was really exhausted. The young girl. I think her name is Ashley. Not sure. She heard me telling my son "Don't touch that" and she has the nerve to say to me "You really should not tell him that, because that is just going to want to make him want to do it more. You should tell him to look at something else." I was in shock that this young twit would tell me how to parent my child! I just gave her a quick look and told her "I usually am very good at redirecting my son, but I have had a long day chasing him around and I am about done."
She had some nerve. I don't even think she has children and even if she does, she should mind her own business. Anyway, other than that little girl trying to tell me how to speak to my child, we had a good experience.

The breakfast is served from 6:30am to 9:30am and is quite good. There is hot food as well as fruits and Starbucks coffee! There was a man there by the name of Jonathan who went above and beyond each morning and warmed up my son's milk for me. He was very sweet.

There is a park close by called "Hampton Park" off Tampa Palms Blvd on the right. It's a great little park to take your little ones if you need to travel with them. We also visited the Florida Aquarium. We paid extra for the Penguin encounter. It was well worth it. Very pricey though.

Over all, loved this hotel. I highly recommend it! I left off one star only because of the young girl who needs to mind her business.

Room Tip: Stay away from the Ice vending Machine rooms.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Hagerstown
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

Very helpful staff, pool stays open late,clean enough. Best option for Busch Gardens. Continental Breakfast was fine. The rooms all have fold out couch which is great for extra family members. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Satellite Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We have stayed here once before and each time we found the service to be excellent. The staff are courteous and helpful with directions, food preparation and local information. The hotel is located in a funky spot behind a restaurant and easy to miss when driving by but it is a perfect spot for Busch Gardens visitors or visiting our daughter at the University (USF). It is priced right and the rooms are nicely appointed.

Room Tip: Stay on 2nd floor or higher.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Manningtree, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for a couple of nights before our cruise and although this area is a little busy with traffic noise the hotel itself is immaculate. The staff were so accommodating and you never felt that you were putting them out. They offer a free shuttle service which went over and above in terms of service. The rooms are very large with excellent facilities. The staff here really are good and make this hotel worth staying at.

• Stayed March 2014
Grand Cayman
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2014

Its my second night here and I am amazed by the always can do attitude of the staff. Above expectations service always! Asked for restaurant recommendations, they gave us a list printed out to choose from....asked about a specific restaurant and there he was on his computer, printing the directions for us. Asked to be dropped to a nearby mall and the answer was, the shuttle is ready now......forgot to remove privacy from the door in the morning and hence not cleaned, at 8 PM gave the front desk a call and the guy from front desk came up himself replaced the towels, removed trash and replaced glasses. Wow, these guys r just amazing! Very spacious and clean rooms. We were travelling with a 3 year old, and had Busch garden as the main agenda. Nothing I could complain about. Had a car as well so lots of places nearby to drive around. Shuttle to Busch garden is also very convenient. But the service just did the magic for me.

Room Tip: we stayed in the 3rd floor. Had no issues at all.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Carteret, New Jersey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2014

The staff is great but the location is something to be desired. No place to walk to but a couple of below sub par restaurants. The breakfast was good but when we had a quick snack before our Yankee game the food was not good at all. I had to call for room service, we left our hotel room a early in the morning and came back at around 4 in the afternoon and our room was never made up, very disappointed in that.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2014

The hotel location is around 10-15 minutes from Tampa downtown. Plenty of free parking. Free wifi, good enough breakfast and great to have some food items available 24/7. As long as you set your expectations to be for a low 3 star hotel, you'd be good. We were 2 families that stayed here with kids for 3 nights while we were visiting Tampa for the 2014 IIFA awards. Close to Busch Gardens, some good restaurants and a CVS store. Courteous staff.

Stayed April 2014