“Thumbs Up!” 5 of 5 stars

5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

Spent a night here.

What I liked:
-Excellent price and value
-Spacious room with separate sitting area and work space
-Free tasty breakfast starting at 6:30am
-Easy to find and not far off the highway
-Front desk crew was well staffed and overly pleasant

What I did not like
-My in room coffee maker was temperamental and took five minutes to get going

Will I return? Absolutely

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
NH
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights with family of four. All in all a good place to stay if your main goal is to visit Busch Gardens, the zoo or aquarium. They offer a decent breakfast every day in the price and a free shuttle to anywhere within 3 miles which we actually didnt use because we had a car. The room was clean and good size for 4..the only real issue was a slightly loud ac unit but not really a huge deal. The hotel was very quiet at night. When I first looked out our window I noticed train tracks very close by but did not hear any trains the whole time. All the staff we dealt with were very friendly.

• Stayed February 2014
Florida, New York, Usa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

For the price is a very spacious room! The location is around the corner from Busch Gardens and it has tons of restaurants. My only complaint is that the room had a musky smell and I had to but an air freshener. If that had not been an issue I would have given a better score. I didn't complain cause they were full.

• Stayed February 2014
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2014

This hotel offers a clean and safe environment, complimentary breakfast, convenient location, complimentary shuttle to Busch Gardens, comfortable spacious rooms, friendly service, family friendly, and most importantly affordable.. If those are characteristics you're not interested in, than this isn't the place for you.. Sorry.. I've stayed at this hotel before but figured for my next trip down to Busch Gardens I would try something new and save a dollar... WRONG! I checked into a neighboring hotel and was so disgusted that I was terrified to even let my sneakers touch the carpet. We called around to multiple hotels and it was Hyatt Place to the rescue!! The staff were so friendly and nurturing to a friend in need. It was a complete 180 experience for us. We love this place!!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Fort Myers, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2014 via mobile

Booked a non-smoking room. All the signs in the room said non-smoking but it smelled terribly of cigarettes. Complained the to front desk & the first time they said they could do nothing & hung up on me. Called back & they offered to bring room spray but never brought it. Asked to be switched & was told that was against policy. Always had liked Hyatt hotels... Never again.

Stayed February 2014
Effingham, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

I had just stayed a week at another hotel chain in a different city and was so impressed with it that this hotel left me wanting a LOT. I stayed at this hotel for a week also and needless to say will choose another one approved my company the next time. I guess my biggest complaint was the air conditioning was so loud no matter what level you had it on that you had to turn the tv up loud to hear it. I was on a business trip and my coworker experienced the same thing in his room.

I was also not impressed with the hotel staff. Again, I came from staying at another hotel chain where the staff was extremely friendly. This hotel staff were all young and not overly enthusiastic to help you out or go out of their way for you. I even heard one worker say "I'm not going to fix their tea, they can fix it themselves." She was referring to why one of her coworkers had fixed a guest's tea. The guy who checked me in didn't bother to explain anything about breakfast or any other amenities to me, I had to figure them out on my own.

Breakfast was ok, but the coffee cups were a joke. They were the size of a thimble. If you knew to ask, you might be given a slightly larger one.

The rooms were clean, but a little outdated. I did like the fact the tv swiveled so it could be seen from both the bed and the couch.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Pinellas Park, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014

After a day at Busch Gardens we checked into the hotel at night. The staff was very friendly and helpful. My wife and myself were pleasantly surprised by the room. I would have to describe it as a mini suite. It was very clean and very comfortable. The bed was divided by a small partition that made the sleeping area dark from the "living room area". My wife watched the TV while I went to bed with no problem.

The breakfast in the morning we found disappointing. They had two types of scrambled eggs and they were both very cold. I had the pancakes and they were cold and tough. The juices were really good, as well as the English Muffins that you toasted.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!