“Family Birthday Celebration” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Satellite Beach, Florida
“Family Birthday Celebration”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2014

I rented 3 rooms for family to celebrate my wife's birthday. The staff was very accomodating, the rooms were clean and roomy, the food was good. The family had a great time and was impressed with the service. Thank you Hyatt Place Busch Gardens for a great weekend

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

I was able to secure a great rate using a 3rd party travel site and glad I did because the normal Hyatt rate was not good value. From my viewpoint, this particular property doesn't merit an upscale mid-tier designation. The sectional faux suite design of the room was odd considering that the TV was placed across from a partial dividing wall between the bedroom and the living room as you see in the picture I attached, ergo not a good view from either room. The 'kitchen' had a fridge but no microwave and the bathroom had a shower but no tub. The WiFi was free but rather slow and dropped in & out. On the positive, check-in was fast & courteous, the room was clean, bed comfortable, and seemed well insulated from external noise. So overall, average at best and you'll certainly want to maximize any discounts you can get to avoid feeling like you overpaid.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

Traveled to Tampa for business. My husband came along and spent most days at the hotel relaxing. This hotel sits right near the university.Lots of restauants but besides that, the nearby area was lacking entertainment.

The staff during the day was very friendly, asking hello and always acknowledging guests as they came in and out. The breakfast is delicious! The huge cookie at the desk you can buy and they heat up is so worth the calorie splurge!

The rooms are big, clean and comfy. Loved the hotel. Disappointed that the pool is not inside, but I should have looked at that before I booked. It is out back and gated, but there were a lot of people just "walking around" the area so we did not use.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2014

Walking in was greeted by friendly staff right away, and they offered me a tour of the place. The room was classic Hyatt clean and well laid out. Very quiet other then people talking as they walked down the hall ways, Breakfast was good, and check out was easy. The only negative is that my son claimed he killed a roach in the bathroom, but it is Florida after all... Just please spray!! Glad I wasn't the one to find it.. I wouldn't of slept well.

Room Tip: For adults with kids, I advise getting a King size bed, and having the kids sleep on the pull out co...
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2014

This hotel is located next to a WaWa Gas Station and McAllister's Restaurant. There are other restaurants very close by and within walking distance.

The front desk was very attentive upon our late arrival. They quickly checked us in and we were on our way.

The rooms are large and a nice size for a family of 4. You walk into a living room with a very large couch and a wet bar area with a sink and fridge. There is also a desk and chair. There are lots of outlets for all of your devices. They also offer a large TV with the inputs easily accessible.

There are two not that comfortable full-size beds with a dresser in between. I like the large outside sink area with a closet. The shower had nice water pressure. Bathroom toiletries were minimal, as we were provided with no soap for the shower or hand lotion, only shampoo, cream rinse, and face soap. I loved the fact that they provided a full-size blow dryer and not the small ones you usually find. The carpet was dirty and/or stained in our room, but not a big deal. Otherwise, it looked to be pretty clean.

Breakfast was okay. They offer eggs, hot oatmeal, french toast, sausage, breads, yogurt, fruits and juices. The breakfast area was well maintained.

I would recommend staying here if staying in the area.

PS - If this was helpful, please click the "Yes" button. Thanks! :->

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

We made our reservation through a Busch Gardens package because Busch Gardens promised a roll in shower wheel chair ADA accessible room for my father, who was traveling with us. We would have booked the hotel on our own as we did not need the package and did not plan to use much of the package, but did not get a guaranteed ADA room if I had booked directly. (I thought that Busch Gardens had the ADA room, but it turns out that Busch did not deliver what it had promised me.) When we went to check in, we discovered that the hotel did not have the roll in shower room available that night. Brian at the front desk (known as The Gallery) contacted the manager. The manager, Andrea, tried to find us a room in another hotel. When she could not do that, she made an arrangement for my father to have a room with a shower and a chair to use, and promised us that we could have the ADA room the next night for my father.

it seems that Busch Gardens promised me the ADA room but only requested it from the Hyatt Place. the error was Busch Gardens', not the hotel.

The hotel staff went out of its way to make our visit good. JR drove us in the shuttle and MG (or MJ) picked us up. Brian assisted us with recommendations for local restaurants and made certain that we were comfortable. He arranged for my father to have an extra blanket when he was shivering on a very cold day in Tampa.

The breakfast was complementary. It is advertised as Continental Plus (two different types of breakfast sandwiches plus French toast, in addition to cereals, fruits, pastries, etc.) The hotel makes an effort to be "green", with plastic plates, mugs and "glasses", in addition to having the disposable paper and plastic ware as an option.

The rooms were mini suites. There is a separate living room office area with sofa, desk, mini bar and refrigerator. Having the refrigeration in the other section of the room meant that we did not hear it when we were in bed. The Hyatt Place provided shampoo and conditioner in the room, but made other amenities (lotion, toothbrush, toothpaste, nail emery board, etc.) available.
My husband and I found our room (not an ADA accessible room) to be fine. Brian and the staff arranged for us to be near my Dad's room.

I, again, wish to thank the staff for making such an effort to give us great service.

Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

i can only say that the staff at this facility is the best. From the front office to the front desk and housekeeping. My nights were pleasant and my dinners were great. Oh! And the cookies are out of this world. And warmed up you will eat a few. I want to take time to thank the Front counter personal the most. They put up with all our demands and they couldn't have been any more gracious. Thanks gals and guys. I will be back.
Gary G

Room Tip: No laundry room here. But great laundry service daily.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!