“Was just okay” 3 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #40 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
“Was just okay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2013

Stayed one night. Room was quiet even next to elevator breakfast was busy and free. Nothing out if ordinary. At check in girl was rude at first asking my husband if his name was tommy Bahama because he has on that brand of shirt. She was definitely knocking it and we just let it go figuring her ignorance was just part of who she was. Carpet in room was spotted. All in all it was a place to stay. We got a good night sleep and went on our way.

• Stayed July 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
assis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2013

The hotel is very near from Busch Gardens, but 3 miles from the entrance, they offer a free shuttle, but you have to book in advance and the lovely driver didn't pick us up at adventure island, no appologies, and if that wasn't enough when we were almost at the hotel she made a loop to pick up some other clients.
The room is huge we two double beds and a sofabed, with fridge and sink. Breakfast was very crowded but with constant refilling, they have a very polivalent staff, you see the same person doing many differrent things from selling tickets to brewing coffee.

Nashville, Tennessee
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2013

I booked this hotel the week of June 22-25 with my family my youngest daughter and sister slept on the sleeper sofa and returned home with red bites all of there body, after a Dr. visit it was determined to be bed bugs, I contacted the GM and he advised me that a investigation would be done an he assured me that this kind of situation wouldn't be taken likely, however after the investigation came back per the GM he stated that the room was bed bug free but that still doesn't clarify how my daughter and sister ended up with the bites, the hotel was the ONLY place where we slept the entire trip.... good luck.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I booked this hotel via the Busch Gardens web site as a package to attend Busch Gardens and Adventure Island, it was a great price. I wasn't sure of the overall area of Tampa so I was kind of nervous due to not knowing exactly the location of the hotel. So I will point out a few things...

* Hotel is in a great area i.e. close to restaurants and the parks
* The hotel staff are wonderful, always helpful with smiles
* Shuttle service (just remember to reserve your times upon checking-in)
* Rooms are huge, I traveled with husband and two kids 11 & 14 we had a double room with pull-out sofa.
* Breakfast was very good (the omelets were delicious)
* Pool was nice size and clean

Overall this hotel was excellent if you are visiting Busch Gardens you can not beat the shuttle service, free breakfast, and the University is near by also. We will definitely stay here when we visit again.

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2013

They work hard to please everyone. The rooms are like suites and very comfortable Only complaint is that the bed is right next to the A/C and blows all night. The breakfast is very complete and plentiful. Heard a few people saying they did not think the eggs were real! I agreed.
I love the location and the friendly attitude of all help. For the price they can't be beat!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2013

I really enjoyed my stay at Hyatt Place. The perfect location if you're going to Busch Gardens or Adventure Island, about a mile away. Alot of restaurants & a shopping mall nearby. Wawa gas station right in front of the hotel. The room was very comfortable, spacious, and clean. The flat TV had nice input/output connections on the side making it very easy to plug in the xbox for my two boys. Refrigerator with a sink and coffee maker. Free breakfast in the morning was great. A full warm breakfast that consisted of scrambled eggs, sausage, pancakes, oatmeal, fruit & more. Rooms don't have microwaves but there is one in the lobby kitchen which comes in handy if needed. Ordered nachos & chocolate lava cake from the lobby, both were reasonably priced, large portion & delicious! Very home feeling hotel. Staff was pleasant. I am already planning my trip back.

Also I would like to thank Ashley at front desk night shift, who checked me in. Very nice young lady providing great customer service.

My only draw back was that the hallway smelled so good that it made the room smell a little musky; but none-the-less the room was very clean.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Ocala
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

My husband and I traveled to Busch Gardens with our 4 sons for Father's Day weekend and chose Hyatt Place based on the reviews of other guests. We were not disappointed at all! From check-in to check-out we had a perfect stay. We stayed on the 5th floor and were very comfortable in our suite with two double beds and a foldout queen sofa. Everything was immaculate and the pool was relaxing. The kids enjoyed the breakfast buffet. We were very close to Busch Gardens, shopping, and restaurants. We will definitely stay again when we return to Tampa.

Room Tip: I wouldn't recommend staying on the first floor close to the lobby if you like to sleep in becau...