“nice trip” 5 of 5 stars

Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #37 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“nice trip”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

Nice hotel in a good location for Busch Gardens and MOSI. The service was friendly. The pool is small but nice. Parking and WIFI are free and breakfast is served each morning. I would recommend for a trip to Busch Gardens.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Ocala, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I went with my child's school group to this motel. She goes to a great private school, very small, for children with normal IQs but with various learning disabilities. We had a couple of dozen children with us. Upon arrival I was given the wrong key that lead to a group of teen boys' room. Fortunately the coast was clear, ok, whatever, no harm done. The children of course wanted to go to the pool. The staff decided that we would be policed very closely to make sure that we left the pool precisely on time. There were maybe 10 children with four or five adults present. None were loud or boisterous. When escorted out of the pool we walked to the elevator, dripping a little bit of course. A female staff member shot us a nasty look and very loudly spoke her disapproval so we would hear her. At @ 9pm a teacher from the school knocked on our door and told us that we had to stay in our room or we would all be evicted. A patron had complained that some of the boys were being loud. Another parent had seen this same patron screaming at the boys while they were just walking down the hall carrying an ice bucket. I know that children are louder than adults and messier too. But I have no idea why this hotel is so hostile to children while situated within a stones throw from a theme park. Of note, a group of us sat down with an elderly couple at breakfast who commented on how wonderful our children were behaved and that they noticed no problems while staying on the same floor as us. I travel a lot and frequently run into large groups of school children. Our kids were much better behaved than most of them. This Hyatt was also pretty run down. I've been to Hyatt Place in Orlando, Lake Mary, Boston, Atlanta and California. They are usually very clean and kept up very well. This one was not as clean and a bit run down.

• Stayed May 2013
Bethesda, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

This is a little gem -- the place is quiet, has an excellent warm breakfast selection (for free) and has likely the most friendliest staff I've run into for a while. You are literally across the street from the University of South Florida, and about 2 blocks away from the Haley (Tampa) Veterans Affairs Hospital. I think you're about a half mile away from Busch Gardens too. If I had a need to come back to the area, I think I'd pick this place in a heartbeat.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Hamden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just stayed two nights for a business trip in Tampa. Rooms are clean but showing its age. Free breakfast selection not bad. Staffs are great, very friendly and handled me a giant chicolate chip cookie and a bottle water at check in:). Overall a great value for the price I paid.

• Stayed May 2013
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our family stayed at this Hyatt for graduation from USF. It seemed to be totally full for that weekend, however, we never felt crowded. The pool never had more than a few people in it, I worked out alone in the fitness room, breakfast was not busy at all and parking was easy. The rooms were nice - the setup was great with each side kind of sectioned off. We had everything we needed for our stay. As a note, someone complained about no microwave - we didn't have one in the room, but there is one that stays out in the breakfast area if you need one. The breakfast was really good and they have plenty of room to sit and eat. The pool area was nice and the ability to get almost anywhere in Tampa was great. The only two things I'd point out are the elevators could be slow - there are only two and the hotel was full. And the rooms smelled a little damp - both of them. I noticed dehumidifiers in the hallways, so it could have just been a humidity thing. The smell wasn't overwhelming, just noticeable and I did not notice any water damage or anything obvious. The staff was really great to work with - very pleasant. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I don't know that any rooms were better than others because of how the hotel is situated. Maybe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Venice, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Since I learn a lot from reading other people's reviews, I decided to leave my own. I ordered two rooms for two nights. The Good-The staff is great and quick to help you solve any problems and always smiled and said hello to you. So I applaud their efforts. I am allergic to feather pillows so they traded the pillows out for non-allergy ones. Thank you! Don't be afraid to order food from the hotel either, it was suprisingly good. The Bad-The rooms haven't been updated for what looks like 20 years. Sagging couches, stained furniture and rugs, there was no hot water in one of the rooms. And the rooms had a slight odor to them (like dog). The mattress was the worst ever with so many lumps in it I had a terrible backache by morning. And there is no microwave in the room. The elevator was one of the slowest moving thing I have ever had to wait for. There are only two baggage carts so you may have to wait for one upon check-out (or for check-in). And usually you will have do this one on your own. The fitness center was nice, we didn't get to use the pool as they had a large group(s) of children visiting at the time. At over $169 a night, I expected a little better room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at a Hyatt Place and I am growing to love this chain. The customer service is fantastic - the staff gave me a tour when I first arrived and explained everything thoroughly. They greet you as you enter and exit the hotel. The rooms are well designed and spacious - I feel like I am getting so much for my money. This one is within view of Busch Gardens and USF, so a great location if either of those places are your destination. It was quiet, clean, and comfortable. I love the shower, good pressure and spacious. The breakfast is vast, with many selections, hot and cold. The only reason I gave it a 4 out of 5 was that it was difficult to regulate the temperature in the room. I couldn't get it just right - it was either too humid or too cold. Other than that, I would highly recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hyatt Place Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!