“Decent location, friendly staffs” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #39 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Hamden, Connecticut
“Decent location, friendly staffs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just stayed two nights for a business trip in Tampa. Rooms are clean but showing its age. Free breakfast selection not bad. Staffs are great, very friendly and handled me a giant chicolate chip cookie and a bottle water at check in:). Overall a great value for the price I paid.

• Stayed May 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Sarasota, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

Our family stayed at this Hyatt for graduation from USF. It seemed to be totally full for that weekend, however, we never felt crowded. The pool never had more than a few people in it, I worked out alone in the fitness room, breakfast was not busy at all and parking was easy. The rooms were nice - the setup was great with each side kind of sectioned off. We had everything we needed for our stay. As a note, someone complained about no microwave - we didn't have one in the room, but there is one that stays out in the breakfast area if you need one. The breakfast was really good and they have plenty of room to sit and eat. The pool area was nice and the ability to get almost anywhere in Tampa was great. The only two things I'd point out are the elevators could be slow - there are only two and the hotel was full. And the rooms smelled a little damp - both of them. I noticed dehumidifiers in the hallways, so it could have just been a humidity thing. The smell wasn't overwhelming, just noticeable and I did not notice any water damage or anything obvious. The staff was really great to work with - very pleasant. We would definitely recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: I don't know that any rooms were better than others because of how the hotel is situated. Maybe...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Venice, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Since I learn a lot from reading other people's reviews, I decided to leave my own. I ordered two rooms for two nights. The Good-The staff is great and quick to help you solve any problems and always smiled and said hello to you. So I applaud their efforts. I am allergic to feather pillows so they traded the pillows out for non-allergy ones. Thank you! Don't be afraid to order food from the hotel either, it was suprisingly good. The Bad-The rooms haven't been updated for what looks like 20 years. Sagging couches, stained furniture and rugs, there was no hot water in one of the rooms. And the rooms had a slight odor to them (like dog). The mattress was the worst ever with so many lumps in it I had a terrible backache by morning. And there is no microwave in the room. The elevator was one of the slowest moving thing I have ever had to wait for. There are only two baggage carts so you may have to wait for one upon check-out (or for check-in). And usually you will have do this one on your own. The fitness center was nice, we didn't get to use the pool as they had a large group(s) of children visiting at the time. At over $169 a night, I expected a little better room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Blacksburg, Virginia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2013

This is the second time I have stayed at a Hyatt Place and I am growing to love this chain. The customer service is fantastic - the staff gave me a tour when I first arrived and explained everything thoroughly. They greet you as you enter and exit the hotel. The rooms are well designed and spacious - I feel like I am getting so much for my money. This one is within view of Busch Gardens and USF, so a great location if either of those places are your destination. It was quiet, clean, and comfortable. I love the shower, good pressure and spacious. The breakfast is vast, with many selections, hot and cold. The only reason I gave it a 4 out of 5 was that it was difficult to regulate the temperature in the room. I couldn't get it just right - it was either too humid or too cold. Other than that, I would highly recommend this place to stay.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Prior Lake, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

We took our kids to the Hyatt Place and it was a great price to be close to Busch Gardens. I had read reviews about how courteous the staff was and it was absolutely true! Hugo helped us on many occasions and he had only started a couple of weeks ago. Everyone was so helpful and polite and truly went out of their way to help us. The rooms were good in size and had a nice sitting area for our family. The only thing I didn't love is that the parking lot lights were very bright so in the middle of the night, I wasn't sure if it was morning or not. If we head back to Tampa, we would stay here. The free breakfast was also great.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Columbia, Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2013

If you are planning a trip to Busch Gardens, this hotel is less than 5 minutes away and they offer some great amenities such as breakfast buffet, 24 hour menu, bar, shuttle service, etc. they also have a nice pool and fitness center. The immediate neighborhood is not the best, but it is fit next to the park and a very close drive to many chain restaurants. The rooms are oversized with a separate living and sleeping area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2013

We’ve stayed at Hyatt’s in the past and enjoyed the luxurious upscale accommodations. So when I saw the Hyatt Place in Tampa, a suite that includes free breakfast/wifi/health club/internet, I was cautiously optimistic and was looking forward to this blend of luxury and value for the money.

On the positive side: The suite had the largest square footage of the suite hotels that I evaluated before making my final selection. We found the room to be very clean. The bed was very comfortable. In addition to the sleeping area, the room had a large corner sleeper sofa with a huge ottoman. The sink is located on the outside of the bathroom and had a very large counter space for your toiletries. It also contained a safe, refrig and coffee/tea maker, very small closet, desk and chair, 42” plasma TV and 2 telephones. They offer a shuttle to bring you to and from Busch Gardens. Make your reservations at the front desk at least 24 hrs in advance as the seats book early. They have 2 computers in the business center that offer free printing. The breakfast is above average with open face egg/cheese/bacon sandwiches, homemade oatmeal (not from an envelope), breads, yogurts, fresh cut fruit and whole fruit. The only change in menu during our 7 night stay were the eggs (one day they offered scrambled eggs) and the selection of cut fruit.

On the negative side: The building is ~100 yards from the main road adjacent to a railroad track (we never heard or saw a train during our 7 night stay). Although you don’t hear any noise from the street, this hotel caters to families, and we often heard doors slammed shut during the late nights and early mornings, resulting in interrupted sleep. This would be the only concern that would prevent us from staying at another Hyatt Place in the future. Although the bathroom was clean, the towels were not of high quality, two were fluffy and the other two seemed as if they were air dried. The complimentary wireless internet connection was very slow, OK at best.

This was an educational experience for us. We did more research and found that there are different levels of Hyatt’s, i.e. Park Hyatt’s, Grand Hyatt’s, Hyatt Regency’s, Hyatt House, Hyatt Resort and Hyatt Place. Although I had high expectations prior to vacation, we got a lot for our money and I would seriously consider staying here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hyatt Place Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!