We’ve stayed at Hyatt’s in the past and enjoyed the luxurious upscale accommodations. So when I saw the Hyatt Place in Tampa, a suite that includes free breakfast/wifi/health club/internet, I was cautiously optimistic and was looking forward to this blend of luxury and value for the money.
On the positive side: The suite had the largest square footage of the suite hotels that I evaluated before making my final selection. We found the room to be very clean. The bed was very comfortable. In addition to the sleeping area, the room had a large corner sleeper sofa with a huge ottoman. The sink is located on the outside of the bathroom and had a very large counter space for your toiletries. It also contained a safe, refrig and coffee/tea maker, very small closet, desk and chair, 42” plasma TV and 2 telephones. They offer a shuttle to bring you to and from Busch Gardens. Make your reservations at the front desk at least 24 hrs in advance as the seats book early. They have 2 computers in the business center that offer free printing. The breakfast is above average with open face egg/cheese/bacon sandwiches, homemade oatmeal (not from an envelope), breads, yogurts, fresh cut fruit and whole fruit. The only change in menu during our 7 night stay were the eggs (one day they offered scrambled eggs) and the selection of cut fruit.
On the negative side: The building is ~100 yards from the main road adjacent to a railroad track (we never heard or saw a train during our 7 night stay). Although you don’t hear any noise from the street, this hotel caters to families, and we often heard doors slammed shut during the late nights and early mornings, resulting in interrupted sleep. This would be the only concern that would prevent us from staying at another Hyatt Place in the future. Although the bathroom was clean, the towels were not of high quality, two were fluffy and the other two seemed as if they were air dried. The complimentary wireless internet connection was very slow, OK at best.
This was an educational experience for us. We did more research and found that there are different levels of Hyatt’s, i.e. Park Hyatt’s, Grand Hyatt’s, Hyatt Regency’s, Hyatt House, Hyatt Resort and Hyatt Place. Although I had high expectations prior to vacation, we got a lot for our money and I would seriously consider staying here again.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Hyatt Place Busch Gardens Hotel
- Hyatt Place Tampa
- Hyatt Place Hotel Tampa
- Hyatt Tampa
- Hyatt Busch Gardens
- Tampa Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Place Tampa/Busch Gardens, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, features 126 newly converted rooms. Each spacious guest room features a high-definition 42in. flat panel television that easily integrates with laptops and other electronic devices, refrigerator, coffee maker, plush Hyatt Grand Bed and a comfortable Cozy Corner with sleeper sofa. The Hyatt Place Gallery offers an innovative approach to select service dining. Complimentary continental breakfast buffet is inclusive every morning and features complimentary Starbucks coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, AAA Travel Services, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Otel, Olotels, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Place Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.