“Great” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
San Diego, California
“Great”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

Very nice hotel close to Busch Gardens. Next door is a CVS, brand new Wawa, and a restaurant for everything you might need.
We stayed I'm room 505 which has a view of the front / parking lot. Not bad. Only issue with the room is that the bathroom only has the tub and toilet. The sink is outside in front of the beds. So if you go to the bathroom in the middle of the night, washing your hands might wake your roommate. Not sure if all the rooms are designed this way. Free daily breakfast, gym, pool and business center to print your tickets and whatnot. Overall a good stay, would def stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

We stayed here in February for 3 nights. We used the shuttle to and from Busch Gardens each day without any issues, but you need to sign up 24 hours in advance for your shuttle time or it will be full so after the first day we just signed up when we returned from the park for the next day and we never had an issue. There is a breakfast in the morning with a good deal of variety, but I did not think much of it was very good tasting. The cereals seemed stale, the egg sandwiches were not very good either. The only thing I thought was good was the bread with jam, butter, or cream cheese. We did eat here every morning, as that was one of the reasons we picked this hotel. The outdoor pool was nice, but unfortunately it was too cold to use other than our first night there. The hotel is close to everything so if you have a rental car as we did you can go anywhere. The hotel does have a shuttle that will take you around the area as well which is a plus. If we stayed in Tampa again and were not looking for condo type lodging we would stay here. My brother and his family stayed here as well and enjoyed their stay. Their son has to eat a gluten free diet and he is allergic to eggs so they could not eat anything at the hotel breakfast. They have an area where you can order food all night and in the evening when we returned from dinner there were several people eating there. They only had one elevator working and the note on it said that it should be fixed the day after we left. I remember reading in other reviews that the elevator wasn't working then either. We were on the top floor so we did use the elevator a lot, but if we waited awhile we just took the stairs so that was not bad. There was a couple in the room next to us and they were both in wheelchairs, I think they were probably much more inconvenienced by the elevators both not working than we were. Overall, this was a nice hotel and we had a good experience.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

As a family of 3 we booked a Busch Gardens 3 Nights for the price of 2 package and chose this hotel.

We were delighted with it in every way. The room was enormous and felt like a penthouse suite.
The pool was large and surprisingly warm. Breakfast was spot on with everything one would want.

The shuttle service did what it said on the tin. It was easy to use, on time and as was consistent throughout our stay the staff were fantastic. They were happy, always willing to help, nothing was too much trouble.

Overall, as a base we have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Kissimmee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel itself was just like any other Hyatt Place, the problem was that the staff seems to be able to come and go as they please into your room. We arrived back at the hotel from work around 4:30, and no more than a few minutes after sitting down I hear a loud knock at the door "Housekeeping Inspection" and someone immediately started entering the room, and then promptly closed the door. So I got up and locked the deadbolt. I didn't even have the chance to say anything before she started entering. After about 30 seconds I then had ANOTHER person try to enter my room without saying anything! So I got up and opened the door to look out and the housekeeper (who was a different person from the one before) told me "no no" and motioned for me to go back into my room.... so I did, and then again deadbolted. After another 30 seconds yet another knock and "housekeeping inspection!" I answered the door and the lady (the first lady that came) said "Hello I just wanted to make sure your room was cleaned today"... Really? It was 4:30pm.... So there was no excuse for housekeepers to be walking in my room at all. I don't mean to sound uptight but honestly, Hyatts are not cheap hotels and when I'm paying that much I expect better than this. And I also expect there to be staff at the front desk which there NEVER was ever. Each time I went down there I had to wait between 5 and 10 minutes for someone to show up and help me.
That said, the hotel was clean and in good condition, and the staff were very nice and helpful when they decided to be present. The first room we got reeked of smoke but the clerk we got was very nice and changed our room making sure to give us the closest one he could in order to save us moving to much. The hotel was nice and I would stay again but I have to give it a two because there is just no excuse for housekeeping to walk into a room at 430pm multiple times without warning...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Our adult get away....We truly enjoyed the friendly helpful staff for starters. Our room was very nice, up to date and quiet! For how busy it was we didn't hear a peep!! The bed was super comfy, and overall the room set up was very cool! We enjoyed the free fresh breakfast in the morning! We will for sure be back with our kids!! It's so close to Busch Gardens with a free shuttle!

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for our weekend getaway to Busch Gardens. The location was great and the staff was very friendly. We took advantage of the free shuttle which was very convenient. For a buffet breakfast, there were lots of choices. The staff even made modifications on one particular food item for me.
The rooms were clean and seemed to be newly updated. They had a mini living room as well as a separate bedroom. I would definitely stay there again on my next trip to Busch Gardens.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here two nights recently and enjoyed our experience. The rooms were spacious and decorated nicely. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the entire setup of the room was great. All the staff were friendly and helpful and the proximity to Busch Gardens was great.

The only drawback was the breakfast in the morning. It was fairly standard food that did not have a lot of taste.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!