“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #43 of 159 hotels in Tampa
UK
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2013

As a family of 3 we booked a Busch Gardens 3 Nights for the price of 2 package and chose this hotel.

We were delighted with it in every way. The room was enormous and felt like a penthouse suite.
The pool was large and surprisingly warm. Breakfast was spot on with everything one would want.

The shuttle service did what it said on the tin. It was easy to use, on time and as was consistent throughout our stay the staff were fantastic. They were happy, always willing to help, nothing was too much trouble.

Overall, as a base we have no hesitation in recommending this hotel.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

307 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Kissimmee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2013

The hotel itself was just like any other Hyatt Place, the problem was that the staff seems to be able to come and go as they please into your room. We arrived back at the hotel from work around 4:30, and no more than a few minutes after sitting down I hear a loud knock at the door "Housekeeping Inspection" and someone immediately started entering the room, and then promptly closed the door. So I got up and locked the deadbolt. I didn't even have the chance to say anything before she started entering. After about 30 seconds I then had ANOTHER person try to enter my room without saying anything! So I got up and opened the door to look out and the housekeeper (who was a different person from the one before) told me "no no" and motioned for me to go back into my room.... so I did, and then again deadbolted. After another 30 seconds yet another knock and "housekeeping inspection!" I answered the door and the lady (the first lady that came) said "Hello I just wanted to make sure your room was cleaned today"... Really? It was 4:30pm.... So there was no excuse for housekeepers to be walking in my room at all. I don't mean to sound uptight but honestly, Hyatts are not cheap hotels and when I'm paying that much I expect better than this. And I also expect there to be staff at the front desk which there NEVER was ever. Each time I went down there I had to wait between 5 and 10 minutes for someone to show up and help me.
That said, the hotel was clean and in good condition, and the staff were very nice and helpful when they decided to be present. The first room we got reeked of smoke but the clerk we got was very nice and changed our room making sure to give us the closest one he could in order to save us moving to much. The hotel was nice and I would stay again but I have to give it a two because there is just no excuse for housekeeping to walk into a room at 430pm multiple times without warning...

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013 via mobile

Our adult get away....We truly enjoyed the friendly helpful staff for starters. Our room was very nice, up to date and quiet! For how busy it was we didn't hear a peep!! The bed was super comfy, and overall the room set up was very cool! We enjoyed the free fresh breakfast in the morning! We will for sure be back with our kids!! It's so close to Busch Gardens with a free shuttle!

• Stayed February 2013
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

We stayed there for our weekend getaway to Busch Gardens. The location was great and the staff was very friendly. We took advantage of the free shuttle which was very convenient. For a buffet breakfast, there were lots of choices. The staff even made modifications on one particular food item for me.
The rooms were clean and seemed to be newly updated. They had a mini living room as well as a separate bedroom. I would definitely stay there again on my next trip to Busch Gardens.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Colorado Springs, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed here two nights recently and enjoyed our experience. The rooms were spacious and decorated nicely. The bed and pillows were very comfortable and the entire setup of the room was great. All the staff were friendly and helpful and the proximity to Busch Gardens was great.

The only drawback was the breakfast in the morning. It was fairly standard food that did not have a lot of taste.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Ontario's Highlands, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2013

We booked this place because of its proximity to Busch gardens, and could not be happier with our choice.
Great staff, fantastic breakfast, good pool for the kids, huge clean rooms and quiet night sleep what more could we ask for....oh that's right they also saved us $15 a day in parking at Busch gardens by shuttling us too and from the park. We will be back.
Also forgot to mention their room service menu is good and very reasonable pricing, no gouging.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Essex
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed for 2 nights in between a road trip and we fancied Busch Gardens. Hyatt came highly recommended through a friend and we were disappointed from the off. We arrived late on the first night and we were given a room that stunk of drugs and tobacco and the night porter could not help us try and swap our rooms. So we ended up with a loud air blower to try and rid of the stench as it was unbearable. Next day the supervisor was helpful enough to whack points not my gold Hyatt membership but these points are not enough to use back in the UK I have just discovered making the points redundant. This has made me angry as our overall trip was ruined. The rooms had stains along the floors and the pay per view films we watched late at night after busch gardens kept on having a failed stream so our viewing stopped and started every 10 minutes.

Breakfast ends at 9.30 every morning and one of the mornings I came down pretty much at the last moment. I tried to salvage something but the moment 9.30 hit the staff did a clean sweep of putting all the breakfast times away while m trying pick something out. A bit of understanding would of been great.

On the small amount of positives the staff were friendly and the shuttle service to the park was much appreciated.

Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hyatt Place Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!