“Nice place close to USF” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #38 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Marietta
“Nice place close to USF”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went to Bulls game for frat reunion. Close and nice place. Hyatt Place is becoming a preferred place for us in out of the way places in big cities. Very quiet. Nice room with big shower instead of useless tub. Breakfast was nice with "egg mcmuffin" and scrambled eggs. Nice reception at check in. Would return.

Room Tip: We were in 401...end of the hall...very quiet.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
Downers Grove, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We were very pleasantly surprised when we arrived at the hotel at 9:00am and our room was ready. The front desk staff was very friendly, helpful and efficient and our trip was off to a wonderful start. The second morning one of the staff sought us out in the breakfast area and produced my granddaughter's pacifier and animal holder that, apparently, she had left in the breakfast area the morning before. We did not even realize that she had lost it and thought it was very nice of him to save it and recognize the toddler who had lost it.
The room was clean, well-equiped and spaceous and the beds, with the exception of the sofa sleeper, were quite comfortable. The only complaint that we had with the room was that the upholstered furniture was not as clean as it could have been.
The day we left, the hotel had a power failure. Within a minute they had switched to the emergency generator and were running on half power. We were on the fifth floor and had to carry our luggage down, which was no problem for us, but could have been an issues to some people. The staff made no attempt to notify us of the reason for the power failure or to offer assistance with bringing luggage down. I was a bit disappointed about the seeming lack of concern to keep guests informed during an "emergency."
Otherwise, our stay was very pleasant and the staff did a nice job of making us comfortable. I would stay in this hotel if I visit Busch Gardens again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2012

The room was huge! There was 2 double beds and a seperate living room area with a big sectional sofa and there was still plenty of room. There was also a small refrigerator and kitchen area. Very clean and the staff was very helpful. The breakfast food was great and better then most other hotels where I have stayed. The breakfast area was crowded but I think that is very common at the height of the breakfast time.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 408 and I would recommend it if you're looking for space.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Freeport, Grand Bahama Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

Staying in one of the Hyatt Hotels is always a pleasure. The friendliness of the staff, clean and spacious rooms, the breakfast buffet... you name it, it's great!!

The Hotel is close to Bush Gardens and they have a complimentary shuttle bus.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

Our room had a very comfortable mattress and fresh linen. The king size bed and pullout sofa nicely served our needs. Front office staff was professional and organized. The small breakfast area was crowded in the morning which slowed us down, but since the hotel is located so close to campus all went well.

• Stayed April 2012
Fort Myers, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2012

The rooms are nice, they were renovating when I stayed here to get rid of bathtubs and put in showers.

The staff is young, arrogant, and rude. I had called the hotel personally to make my reservation for a King room for one night with a AAA discount and I refused the Hyatt gold passport membership. Everything seemed to be set up for my stay.

I checked in and they put my in a queen room, forgot my AAA discount and low and behold 3 weeks later I have a HYATT GOLD PASSPORT IN MY NAME!!!! apparently it didn't matter about making a reservation. I politely told the man checking me in that I had requested a King room, he proceeded to tell me they didn't have any. I complained that I have specifically requested one, and magically he had a King room for me.

The hotel has a shuttle service that offered to take us to pick up some dinner. I would like to note here that WE did not request this of them, THEY offered it to us. So we ordered Five Guys to go and went to the lobby to have the shuttle take us across the street to pick it up. The man driving the shuttle had a buddy staying at the hotel (or so it looked like it). His buddy sat in the front seat and explained to us that we would be dropped off at Five Guys while he is driving 5 miles away to pick up Red Lobster. We were dropped off at Five Guys and were told the driver would be back in 10 minutes. We waited 30 MINUTES!!! I called the hotel and the woman at the front desk assured me that he was on his way and that she would call me back with his location. Another 5 minutes passed, the woman at the front desk never called, the driver showed up. But the funny thing was, his buddy was not on the shuttle! it turns out the driver took his buddy back to the hotel after getting his red lobster and FORGOT TO PICK US UP!!!!

also, I am REALLY PISSED OFF that I got this gold passport thing in the mail that I had to call up and cancel. DO NOT STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Fight for the room you made a reservation for, or else you won't get it.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Boca Raton, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

We just returned from 3 days at this hotel, with a large high school lacrosse group (players and families). This property treated us very well. They were nice and accomodating and the staff was very pleasant. (That has not been our experience at other hotel chains.) The beds were wonderful and the rooms spacious and comfortable. Location is convenient. Easy access to lots of dining options. And the price was right. I would definitely recommend this property to anyone staying in the Busch Gardens area.

Room Tip: We chose a king bed with a pull out couch for our teenage son. That works best for us. Then we are...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!