I found everything about the hotel, including the breakfast, bar staff, and rooms, to be perfectly fine and in line with a four star rating, so I'm not going to describe that much.
If you were like me and came here as a business traveler that did not have an expense account and, therefore, did not have money to rent a car, you were beholden to the very useful but limited shuttle at the hotel. It can get you anywhere within a 3 mile radius.
Considering that downtown Tampa is a 15-20 minute ride away even without much in the way of traffic... sightseeing in Tampa and staying in this hotel is a bit prohibitive. This hotel is close to the Busch Gardens, obviously, or the University of South Florida, but that isn't why I came here.
There just isn't much around outside of your normal chain restaurants. The ones that were unique and spoke more to the culture of Florida or had something different than regular American food, other than Jerk Hut, were rated pretty mediocre by my colleagues, so I didn't bother.
So my advice if you come here as a business traveler or fly in: rent a car. If you do that, you'll have a fine stay in the area. Parking didn't seem too problematic downtown, even during the RNC, when I was here. Otherwise, you're not going to experience much in the way of Florida culture.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Busch Gardens Hotel
- Hyatt Place Busch Gardens Hotel Tampa
- Hyatt Place Tampa
- Hyatt Place Hotel Tampa
- Hyatt Tampa
- Hyatt Busch Gardens
- Tampa Hyatt
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hyatt Place Tampa/Busch Gardens, a preferred hotel of Busch Gardens, features 126 newly converted rooms. Each spacious guest room features a high-definition 42in. flat panel television that easily integrates with laptops and other electronic devices, refrigerator, coffee maker, plush Hyatt Grand Bed and a comfortable Cozy Corner with sleeper sofa. The Hyatt Place Gallery offers an innovative approach to select service dining. Complimentary continental breakfast buffet is inclusive every morning and features complimentary Starbucks coffee. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotels.com, Otel, Hotwire, Venere, Olotels, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, HotelsClick and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Place Busch Gardens reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.