“a great hotel with huge rooms” 5 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Free Breakfast & WIFI
Ranked #43 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“a great hotel with huge rooms”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Got a double/double suite, and there was more than enough room for 5 people. Shower and toilet area was small, but had an external sink and bar area to brush teeth, put on make up , etc. The elevators were horribly, horribly slow, and the hallway outside the elevator was tiny so it was hard to get on and off with luggage. The staff were friendly, the breakfast was great, and if you ordered extra food, it was cheap! What a deal for an omelet. I'd highly recommend the stay. I only wish the suite was queen/queen instead of doubles, but I knew that going in. There's lots of restaurants around the hotel. The pool looked great, but it was too cold to use it.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family

303 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Chicago, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2011

I stayed here for 12 nights while attending a training program.

The overall experience exceeded my expectations. Great value for the price (we had a low fare because of large group + extended stay).

Rooms are very comfortable and spacious. Clean.

Staff is friendly and responsive. They fixed a maintenance request (light fixture) in a few hours.

Breakfast is adequate for the price (loved the grapefruit slices!). Coffee is good (even the coffee in the room is good).

Internet is slow at peak hours (evenings when everybody is connected). Printer in the lobby is quite convenient.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Tampa, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2011

We got a 'group rate' for an number of rooms - for a high school soccer tournament in Tampa. On the hotel's internal website we saw that the cost per night was $10 less than the 'group rate' per night that we were quoted - if the guest stayed 3 or more nights. We stayed 4 nights. We brought up the subject of the price difference with the hotel, and asked that our stay be $10 less per night. They answered that the 'group rate' was already agreed to and was binding. We did not get the price cost per night as advertised on the hotel website.

Our stay at the hotel was, otherwise, fine except the hotel was understaffed. Those behind the hotel counter were doing their best, but guests often had to wait too long for answers to questions or requests.

• Stayed December 2010
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 27, 2010

Booked friends at The Hyatt Place and they had a great time. The pool is clean, big and is tucked away in a secluded area under beautiful Oak Trees with hanging moss. The rooms were clean and spacious. The breakfast was free and impressive. Close to plenty of food places, Busch Gardens, USF and lots of shopping. Price was right.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Customer Service Representative at Hyatt Place Busch Gardens, responded to this review, October 28, 2010
Dear Vacationbound39:

I’m glad to hear your friends were able to enjoy their stay at our Hyatt Place Tampa Busch Gardens! It sounds as though they were able to take advantage of our location being quite close to many activities guests are able to utilize while staying with us. We look forward to having them stay with us again!

Nick B. – Customer Service Representative
Boynton Beach, FL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2010

We purchased a package through Busch Gardens and had very high expectation as we checked into the hotel early....a room was available...the check in process was lovely and Yuni our hostess was most delightful.
Upon entering the room we realized that the carpet was soaking wet near the A/C unit. We alerted the front desk as we left the hotel and asked that housekeeping clean up the area and upon our return we assumed that it had been addressed. Well, we were wrong because on Saturday morning we woke up to mushrooms (2 varieties...) growing out of the carpet.. We took pics and went down to the front desk where they comped us a breakfast entree for the family and offered to move our room...and we did...But seriously,
mushrooms growing in the carpet. I have to wonder about the overall cleanliness of this hotel.
The rooms are lovely, the breakfast lovely, the staff lovely, but I cannot recommend this hotel, sadly.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
HyattGuestRelations, Guest Relations Associate at Hyatt Place Busch Gardens, responded to this review, September 17, 2010
We were concerned to hear about your experience and realize that this is not the expectation our guests have when staying at a Hyatt. Thank you for bringing to our attention the cleanliness of the room. This is unfortunate because we want to make sure that we exceed our guest’s expectations when they stay with Hyatt. Please know that this matter will definitely be addressed. We hope we will have the opportunity to show you what a wonderful hotel the Hyatt Place Busch Gardens can be.

Brock S. – A Guest Relations Associate
Syracuse, New York
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2010

We spent a long weekend at this Hyatt Thursday thru Monday. Friday morning we told them of the air conditioning system leak onto the bedroom floor they may have looked at it but the floor stayed wet the entire time.

My biggest complaint was on Sunday night a car alarm went off in front of the building at 11:30pm and continued to go every half hour! From our room on the third floor I looked directly down on the car in alarm mode. After the 0230 alarm cycle, I went outside to wait for the 0300 alarm to get the plate number off the car, a police car came into the hotel driveway to watch me wait for the car alarm to go off! Right on schedule 0300 the alarm triggers I write down the details black Ford T-bird FLA plate PMS go figure… now I’m locked out WTF… I’m in the airlock buzzing the intercom swiping my room key nothing! Now I see the night desk person who I obviously just woke up from someplace, he lets me in I give him the paper with the details on it his reply is we have no way of knowing who owns the car because we do not record the plate information… I explain to him two options go to the police cruiser who is still sitting there looking at us right now and I point to them ,give them the info and call in the plate to verify against your registered guest OR call 911 and explain who you are and what you need… He says you should have come to me earlier I could have moved you.. huh what pack at say 1am to go to another room…? At 0700 the alarm is still going off at 1:45pm it is STILL going off on the half hour!

Now the good part, being a Hyatt Gold Passport member I checked out at 2pm and ask the desk person how many people complained of the car alarm she rolled her eyes and said we are having a hard time finding the owner because they are NOT a guest of the hotel DO YOU BELIEVE IT !!! I said tow the damn thing she smiled and said sorry for the inconvenience. I doubt I will stay at Hyatt at Busch Gardens again.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
I apologize for the interruptions during your stay. I will forward your comments onto the management staff for further follow up.

Chrissi R.- A Guest Relations Associate
Marathon, FL
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2010

PROS-The staff was accommodating and pleasant. Rooms very clean-beds and pillows comfortable. Convenient shuttle service to Busch Gardens/Adventure Island. Free breakfast.

CONS- Breakfast area too small. No hotel/area information in room. Was very irritating not knowing even the tv channel listing. Would have been nice to have a list of area restaurants and other family activities. "Room service" had to be ordered from the kiosk in the breakfast area ( which defeated the main purpose of ordering it in the first place).

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Busch Gardens? Share your experiences!