“Clean room, Nice staff, Good Price, Go Figure” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #75 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
“Clean room, Nice staff, Good Price, Go Figure”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2010 via mobile

Reviews are a funny thing. Hard to decide on this place based on the yin and yang on dispay here. But trusted our travel agent and fortunately our two night stay landed us deep in the positive camp.
Lance(apparently still in employ) checked us in very humanely, answering several location queries. Our non-smoking room evidenced no atmospheric unpleasantries. A fridge. Comfortable firm beds with welcoming sheets and 4 comfy pillows on each. The bathroom was spotless with plenty of towels. Rug barefoot friendly.
Did have trouble connecting my mac powerbook to the net via the provided ethernet cable, but the lobby PC featured free printing
Our maid Mary went out of her way to work our room freshening around our schedule. The free lobby breakfast was adequate for my needs - instant oatmeal, yoplait, silky scrambled eggs, fruit. You could also have waffles, biscuits + gravy, toast etc. The swimming pool is adequate for some brief laps.
The sounds of the lobby's quirky gnome mountain fountain provided an oddly serene setting for after work decompression.
Kind of sad not to have encountered the legendary "Jean", but desk clerk Kathy had no problem with our late check out request.
Overall, nothing run down about the place. It was nice to see another maid cleaning the AC screen of an adjoining room.
This is not an "inside" review. Just the honest assessment of an old rock and roll road dog who has stayed in hundreds of hotels. Good to have a go to place at a good rate in Tampa. Good luck!
P.S. For a surreal experience, ask for directions to the local skating rink where you can come in from the Florida heat and watch hockey games.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Gulfport
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2009

The place was clean, very eccentrically decorated and the GM Jean is very negative, rude and unhappy. I would not recommend this place, but the coffee is out of this world!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
New York, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2009

After reading some of the reviews, I must admit, I had second thoughts. However, it is the only Choice property at this exit and I use my rewards as much as I can these days. At first impression I could tell they were very proactive with the landscaping, especially to be in such a developed area. That brings me to the next point, if you want somewhere to shop or eat, you could through a something in any direction and it would hit a resturant! I was there on business but would return with my wife and she would love it. I was surprised to notice the interior decor wasn't the typical tropical, instead it had a large fountain and more of a wetlands theme. Waffles for breakfast every morning and a better breakfast than some of the other Comforts I have stayed at. Overall staff was great, though I only saw the clerk at check in, I think Timothy was his name. Nice younger fellow, very knowledgeable and seemingly eager to help. I would give the whole stay a 9 out of 10. My only suggestion would be more advertising to help set the place in front of the competition and let people know they are there (a block past the last hotel at exit).

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business
South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2009

I really did not want to try this hotel because of the reviews on Trip Advisor. I was expecting a dump, which occasionally I find in Comfort Suites. I was expecting a staff with a poor attitude. What I found was a very nice guy named Lance and a hotel that though not immaculate was quite servicable for my needs. I enjoyed my stay and would go back. Room was clean though carpet could use updating. I was not bothered by highway noise. Everybody, including guests, seemed friendly. Room cost of 98.99 was pretty good, too.

• Liked — It was a pleasant surprise. I was expecting much worse.
  • Disliked — I wanted a 4th floor room facing away from the traffic, I ended up on 1st floor. Was not a problem. Carpet needed replacing.
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Lexington, KY
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2008

I'm scratching this place off my list of places to stay in the Tampa/Brandon area because of continued problems with smoky-smelling rooms, bedding, hallways, etc. They have smoke-free and clean-air-for-you! stickers all over the place, but it's obvious that the staff smokes in the rooms while cleaning them, or lets guests do so with no penalty. And then pretends ignorance at check out when asked for an adjustment on the bill because of the unpleasant experience.

• Disliked — Whole room - bedding, carpets, etc. - stank of cigarette smoke.
  • Stayed January 2008
    • 3 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
nashville, tn
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2008

I stay in a lot of hotels and this one was excellant in all respects.
Hotel clerk Lance and the manager got us good parking and help in getting tickets to attractions. Also, tips on which islands to visit, how to get to dali museum.
the staff was as helpful as can be, true southern hospitality.
When we take other tours to the Ringling Museum and the Dali Museum we will definitely stay here. A++++++++

• Liked — good service at brandon comfort suites
  • Disliked — distance to key west
  • Stayed September 2007
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 4 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)
Maui
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2007

Obviously an interested and active owner; very clean, highly decorated lobby, quick service on requested repairs. Walking distance to several restaurants, close to I75, good parking, plenty of amenities.

Breakfast is above average.

• Liked — Interested and active owner
  • Disliked — No public computer/printer for guests
  • Stayed June 2007, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Comfort Suites Tampa / Brandon? Share your experiences!