“Continued great service” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Goose Creek, South Carolina
“Continued great service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I stayed at this Hotel for the 3rd year in a row while running in the Gasparilla Distance Classic. The location is great,walking distance to the Convention Center for the Expo,and also to the start /finish areas of the runs.
The staff is fantastic,treated me like an old friend,and the women who checked me in was the same one for all 3 years,and she is a native of Brooklyn NY like me, so we talk about the old home,lol.
The room was large,comfortable,clean and very quiet,the bed was very comfortable.

Free internet and a great free coffee area was available.
I will be back again in 2012.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I have to start off with the positives. Great location, central to everything. The rooms were dated, but extremely clean and spacious. The staff was very polite. Now here is the rub. I live in Tampa and was staying there because it was close to an event I had to attend. So imagine my surprise as I am woken from a dead sleep (my room 419 faced Cass street, don't let them do this to you) at about 12am with the loud blast of a locomotive horn. It was so load my room shook a bit. Then I found out that downtown Tampa has CSX tracks, that allow freight trains to cut right down the middle of downtown. WOW! I never knew that, it scared me to death. So Thats my complaint, it was just like the My Cousin Vinny movie, I couldn't sleep because of the train. And it came by every night at different times too, so there was no getting used to it. At almost 200 bucks a night, yeah next time I'll stay home or near the airport, at least the flights stop landing at 11pm. BTW dont pay 12 bucks for valet, park on the street.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Cumming, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

We spend the night here prior to our cruise vacation on 11/19/10. The hotel is nice and the area seemed fairly safe. Cars are valet parked. They held our car while we were on our cruise and the had it waiting at the front of the hotel when we returned from our cruise. The only complain I would have was with the first room we were giving.....the door would not lock. I even set the deadbolt and the door would open with the slightest push. We told the front desk and were moved immediately it all worked out well and we were satisfied.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Tifton, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

We stayed the night before a western Carribean seven day cruise from Tampa.The downtown was easy to find. The check-in staff and parking attendants made getting in a breeze. The room was ready and clean and it was easy to make arrangements for the free shuttle to the cruise terminal the next morning. We stayed on a "Sleep and cruise" rate which enabled us to leave our car at the hotel during our cruise. Overall, it was a very positive experience. We did order room service (not run by the hotel) for our evening meal and it was late and cold, but at least it was not over-priced. Upon our return, the shuttle picked us up promptly and the attendant presented our car, so we were satisfied and will do it again if we cruise from Tampa again, which we likely will. We will ask for a room not so close to Ashley Street, which got somewhat loud on Saturday night.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Attended a conference in the area. Hotel had free Internet and shuttle. Room was clean and comfortable. Internet was fast. Front desk pleasant and helpful. Shuttle was slow and undependable. Valet's could use some work on friendliness. Not all of them but a couple. I would go back. would stay here. Great location with several good restaurants in walking distance. Onsite restaurant would be nice.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I looked online at reviews & the Hotels main website before i booked as i always do.
I had possibly to high of an expectation level?

I checked in late after a full day of a Food Show at the TCC, & they are valet park oply, not too bad, seems to be the norm latly at hotels, sometimes better at downtown hotels.

The only room they had for a king bed was 1st floor with Bathtub w/spray jets so that was a bonus after a long day!

Once you settle in to your room after a drink at the bar, BTW Front desk staff, Bar staff, the whole team all very nice, its nice to have everything you need.
I had no iron & no coffee, unless you count the one OPENED package of decaf in the room!

Still things happen, the property seemed great, upon leaving i asked at checkout if i needed to call for the car now before i got breakfast quick & she said oh no they are fast.

Also $10 for a mediocre breakfast is a bit much, i could have had the same breakfast for free with many other hotel chains!

Maybe i caught it at the right time but there were a few people in front of me & the GM was there when i 1st waled out getting cars with the ONE valet, i had overheard the staff mention they were at 90+ % occupancy rate.

The one valet was doing his best but as soon as more people kept coming to the door to get cars, many also going to the food show at the CC, the GM disappeared, it was the other guests that i was more disappointed with at this point, as i waited in line to hand my ticket, others (seemingly more important than I) wanted their cars 1st & it was chaos!
There was no line, no system & obviously no courtesy to the guess in line already waiting patiently, yes, it always brings out the best in people!

The GM actually came back again also getting cars & retrieved mine after a 20 min wait.

Could have just been an off day, bad scheduling i think with one valet at 90% occupancy!
Overall, not bad, great location, for the money though i had slightly higher expectations!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Have stayed at this Courtyard Marriott on a couple different trips. From the valet crew out front, to housekeeping and maintenance people that you see in the hallways, to the front desk group, this is a very friendly comfortable place to stay. Always felt very secure at the hotel and even thought there isn't much within the block, there are places within walking distance for coffee, breakfast, (Five Guys) burger, and other. Plus they'll shuttle you within a two mile run from Hotel which gets you to about anything you might want. There was no need for us to rent a vehicle while there. Plenty of newspapers to choose from in morning for reading. Wish they'd put a little more into the morning coffee presentation by having some other "breakfast" items available (bagels, muffins, or the like) but nothing is keeping me from staying anywhere else when travel takes me to downtown Tampa area and actually, it's not that big a trip if you have a vehicle to get to beaches from there, football stadium, baseball field and nice malls.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Downtown? Share your experiences!