“Great for a pre-cruise stay” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #44 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Cumming, GA
“Great for a pre-cruise stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

We spend the night here prior to our cruise vacation on 11/19/10. The hotel is nice and the area seemed fairly safe. Cars are valet parked. They held our car while we were on our cruise and the had it waiting at the front of the hotel when we returned from our cruise. The only complain I would have was with the first room we were giving.....the door would not lock. I even set the deadbolt and the door would open with the slightest push. We told the front desk and were moved immediately it all worked out well and we were satisfied.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
Tifton, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

We stayed the night before a western Carribean seven day cruise from Tampa.The downtown was easy to find. The check-in staff and parking attendants made getting in a breeze. The room was ready and clean and it was easy to make arrangements for the free shuttle to the cruise terminal the next morning. We stayed on a "Sleep and cruise" rate which enabled us to leave our car at the hotel during our cruise. Overall, it was a very positive experience. We did order room service (not run by the hotel) for our evening meal and it was late and cold, but at least it was not over-priced. Upon our return, the shuttle picked us up promptly and the attendant presented our car, so we were satisfied and will do it again if we cruise from Tampa again, which we likely will. We will ask for a room not so close to Ashley Street, which got somewhat loud on Saturday night.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

Attended a conference in the area. Hotel had free Internet and shuttle. Room was clean and comfortable. Internet was fast. Front desk pleasant and helpful. Shuttle was slow and undependable. Valet's could use some work on friendliness. Not all of them but a couple. I would go back. would stay here. Great location with several good restaurants in walking distance. Onsite restaurant would be nice.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

I looked online at reviews & the Hotels main website before i booked as i always do.
I had possibly to high of an expectation level?

I checked in late after a full day of a Food Show at the TCC, & they are valet park oply, not too bad, seems to be the norm latly at hotels, sometimes better at downtown hotels.

The only room they had for a king bed was 1st floor with Bathtub w/spray jets so that was a bonus after a long day!

Once you settle in to your room after a drink at the bar, BTW Front desk staff, Bar staff, the whole team all very nice, its nice to have everything you need.
I had no iron & no coffee, unless you count the one OPENED package of decaf in the room!

Still things happen, the property seemed great, upon leaving i asked at checkout if i needed to call for the car now before i got breakfast quick & she said oh no they are fast.

Also $10 for a mediocre breakfast is a bit much, i could have had the same breakfast for free with many other hotel chains!

Maybe i caught it at the right time but there were a few people in front of me & the GM was there when i 1st waled out getting cars with the ONE valet, i had overheard the staff mention they were at 90+ % occupancy rate.

The one valet was doing his best but as soon as more people kept coming to the door to get cars, many also going to the food show at the CC, the GM disappeared, it was the other guests that i was more disappointed with at this point, as i waited in line to hand my ticket, others (seemingly more important than I) wanted their cars 1st & it was chaos!
There was no line, no system & obviously no courtesy to the guess in line already waiting patiently, yes, it always brings out the best in people!

The GM actually came back again also getting cars & retrieved mine after a 20 min wait.

Could have just been an off day, bad scheduling i think with one valet at 90% occupancy!
Overall, not bad, great location, for the money though i had slightly higher expectations!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2010

Have stayed at this Courtyard Marriott on a couple different trips. From the valet crew out front, to housekeeping and maintenance people that you see in the hallways, to the front desk group, this is a very friendly comfortable place to stay. Always felt very secure at the hotel and even thought there isn't much within the block, there are places within walking distance for coffee, breakfast, (Five Guys) burger, and other. Plus they'll shuttle you within a two mile run from Hotel which gets you to about anything you might want. There was no need for us to rent a vehicle while there. Plenty of newspapers to choose from in morning for reading. Wish they'd put a little more into the morning coffee presentation by having some other "breakfast" items available (bagels, muffins, or the like) but nothing is keeping me from staying anywhere else when travel takes me to downtown Tampa area and actually, it's not that big a trip if you have a vehicle to get to beaches from there, football stadium, baseball field and nice malls.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Goose Creek, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for the Gasparilla Distance Run. The staff is great,very friendly . The room was nice size and comfortable. THe hotel is walking distance to the Convention Center were the run expo took place and also the start / finish line. There is no self parking,which made me nervous,my car was new and really didnt want to have other people drive it,but no damage was done.
When I got home,I realized i had left my running singlet in the room,its my lucky running shirt. I called the hotel,and they had it and mailed it back to me,which was great.
I have already made reservations here for next Febs run.
Highly recommend this hotel to all runners.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled solo
Sarasota, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2010

This was a blessed stay. I received great service from the moment I called to confirm my reservation. The operator was pleasant and informative, as was everyone I talked to. I always ask a lot of questions before I check-in and while I stay as well. They were very agreeable to my requests, even offering to change rooms if I didn't like something about the first one booked. I kept the first one, and the result was a great night's sleep for me and my teenager in a pleasantly clean, quiet and relaxing atmosphere and a decent view of the Downtown area.
The amenities were simple, but completely satisfactory for the length of time and purpose for our stay (the MetroCon at the Tampa Convention Center).
Even though there is a coffee maker, they have plenty of coffee, creamers and extras at the coffee service area in the lobby. There is a nice flat-screen TV, data terminals, and clean glasses (with coasters), and plenty of pleasant grooming aids.
The beds were super comfortable as were the pillows. The bed-sheets were smooth and clean, no rips, or raggedy edges. The towels were soft and plentiful. The shower, toilet, sink and lights worked without problem. I was pleasantly surprised at the quiet fan in the bathroom, and the reasonably quiet air-conditioner...which adjusted well to our comfort preferences. The walls and hallways are quiet (we were away from the elevators and machines) and we're fussy about noise.
The room and the hotel in general was very clean. I always check in corners for missed trash and dirt, and in the showers and sinks for dirt or mold...none found. The carpet was remarkably free of any old ground in dirt that shows up on your feet or socks...none!

The hotel's location was very convenient to the Convention Center in Tampa, and the shuttle was free. Waiting for the shuttle was minimal as getting around downtown Tampa is tricky with the rail-extension under construction, but using the shuttle was a bonus as the times the shuttle is available was perfect for our needs. Even though we could have parked in the streets, we chose the very convenient valet parking. The extra cost of valet parking is worth being worry-free.
We also found plenty of places to eat close to the hotel both in the evening and early morning. Though the breakfasts in the hotel look inviting they aren't free, so if you prefer staying in the hotel for breakfast be aware of the extra cost. However, the price of the room couldn't be beat, so you basically save in the long run.

I will definitely stay here again for a short night or two in the future. Thanks Courtyard Marriott.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Downtown? Share your experiences!