“For the business traveler” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #49 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Huntsville, Alabama
“For the business traveler”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2013

This is one of the upgraded Courtyard's which is nice. The lobby area is the best part of the hotel. It has all of the perks and conveniences ideal for a business traveler. Free Wi-Fi, the bar is nice, the on site Starbucks is nice, the business center is also comfortable and convenient. The rooms are decent....they are older rooms that have been updated...a bit, but kind of miss the mark...but I could be a little particular. The room I was in had a Jacuzzi tub, that seems a bit dated. All in all, it was good but not great.
The hotel does have free shuttle service that runs to areas with restaurants and entertainment which was nice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, July 22, 2013
Thanks for the overall great score! I am glad that you like the property public spaces. Not only were the public spaces recently renovated but so were the rooms. All were renovated within the last year! I hope to see you back in your future travels. Thanks again for your comments and safe travels.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

Overall room felt run-down ... and was dirty in several areas ...like along walls, baseboards, corners in bathroom, tile, etc. Seems like recent renovations were attempted but felt more like lip-stick on a pig. I wouldn't stay here again unless I had too. Better value elsewhere. Marriott needs to rebuild this hotel or tear it down. The train is loud as Xell too. No free breakfast, etc.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Thank you for your review and comments. It is always disappointing to hear comments when we have disappointed a guest. Most all our reviews are positive but how we can improve come from comments like yours. We are very proud of our hotel and our multi-million dollar renovation to our guest rooms and our public spaces. We will make sure that we address these issues and take necessary corrective action. Thank you and safe travels!
Bonita Springs, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2013

I used to be in the hospitality industry in Tampa 30 years ago so I was open to the same friendly Tampa experience of yesteryear. Unfortunately the "doorman" and valet ignored me but the front desk made up for it by being friendly and quickly processed my reservation. Checked my room and it was clean but nothing special. Went to lounge where I met friendly staff and checked out snack bar. They closed early but the staff was really nice and tossed me a roll with butter. Took my drink out to the pool area to catch a smoke and the outside patio was dirty, poorly maintained with overflowing garbage cans and the spa and pool under construction. A bust, I headed out where I found a nice tapas type restarant within walking distance. Headed back to my room and found every ice machine in the hotel was out of order. Fortunately, the friendly front desk loaded me up with ice from the kitchen. GM Greg Brooks needs to hop to it and get this property back into shape. My bed linens where damp once I got to bed. Come on guys, a bit sloppy with a property which has great potential. You have so much to work with. Get sharp and make yourselves proud. You have a lot going for you, you just need to get re-inspired in your hospitality management.

Room Tip: There are small balconies overlooking the city. You have to reserve them early.
Aiken, South Carolina
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

Cons -
Valet Parking $14 per day (Valet brought me the wrong car on my 3rd day there. He argued with me, insisting that he had brought me my car. I went into the lock box retrieved my keys and gave them to him. They had marked two cars with the same number
The tub would not drain - it took two days for the hotel to fix. (I had informed them 3 times)
A-La-Cart pricing - the only free thing was internet.
The hotel is downtown and most things close after 5 PM -
The room had some issues with cleanliness
$14.84 for breakfast - Pre-cooked, microwaved. :-(

Pros - The weather was nice
When I told the checkout person of my experience they gave me 1,000 rewards points

Opinion - Poor value for your money. For $150/night you can find much better choices...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
It is unfortunate that you had an unpleasant experience with us during your recent stay. I want to apologize to you and hopefully by the other reviews realize that this is not reflective of the experience that most everyone has at our hotel. With that said, we will address those comments and I would like to personally contact you in regards to these issues. We take great pride in out work and the hotel and while it is a disappointment whenever we get comments like this how we respond and correct these issues will make us a better property for our future guests! Thank you and safe travels.
Tallahassee, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

Centrally located, clean, efficient, comfortable, and staffed with friendly people. There is a Star Bucks coffee shop inside with different food stuffs (we ordered a chicken cesar wrap that was delicious and huge- two people can easily make a meal if it).
What else do you need in a hotel?
I have no problem in recommending this very nice place.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for your great comments and score. All reviews are appreciated but when you get a review from an individual that has travelled and reviewed so many other properties you know that our property must stand out as a positive guest stay experience! Hopefully we will see you in the near future. Thank you and safe travels.
Dewey Beach, Delaware
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Good pool, spa and enclosed basketball net are behind a decent lobby/bar staffed by very friendly people. Rooms weren't anything too fancy but nice and clean. It was a short walk to a few good restaurants. They have a courtesy shuttle to take you within 2 miles of the hotel but it won't take you to the airport which is a $25 flat fee cab ride.

• Stayed May 2013
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Thank you for the positive review. I am so glad that you were able to check out so many of the hotel amenities. We do have a great pool, bar and BBQ area with a basketball court. We hope to see you again in the near future. Safe travels!
Fort Myers, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 24, 2013

I stayed at the hotel with a small group for business. The hotel was very convenient to get to. We chose the valet parking and they were very prompt in getting our car each morning. They provided a free shuttle to anywhere within a 2 mile radius. We took the shuttle each evening and Larry the driver was awesome! He was very friendly and even recommended restaurants for us that were wonderful. My room was very nice and the bed was so comfortable. I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay. As you mentioned, our shuttle is great to use and can take you anywhere in a 2- mile radius of the hotel. This comes close to covering all of downtown area! Again, thank you for your kind comments and I will let Larry know what a great job he is doing. Safe travels.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Downtown? Share your experiences!