“World class customer service” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #44 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Alexandria, VA
“World class customer service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2012 via mobile

Like thousands of others, I rolled into town for the GOP convention this week to find a nice hotel in a convenient location and a fabulous staff. Whether it was the free shuttle that took us within a block of the convention site, to the bartender who remembered what we ordered the night before and the front desk clerk that greeted me by name, I felt as if I was home. What more could you ask for while on business travel? Congratulations to the management team for a stellar performance.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (58)
North Charleston, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2012

I stayed in Downtown Marriott- which is very close -1 block from The Straz Center for Performing Arts
1010 North W.C. Macinnes Place
Tampa, FL 33602.

I went through for Volunteer 2012 tampa - program (2012 Tampa Bay Host Committee)

I stayed in Room 404 - from August 3'2012 to August 4'2012 - 1 day- Over night.

First thing i saw :

Valet Parking guys are really helpful and nice- They like to talk/discuss- they are available 24 hours.

Even though they have Valet, they go out and inform where we can park on the weekends till Monday 8 AM -free of cost.

Asst.Manager/Operations manager goes out of the way walks out and suggests where we can park.

If we are hungry we come before 10 PM - they can make a great dinner including Pizza !!:)which is my favorite.

I would like to mention the following good hosts/hospitality purpose which can make a difference in the Hospitality industry - I Really Appreciate the following personnel who worked hard in smiling, hospitable way:

Front desk who is very helpful, nice and wonderful - really cares for customer and goes way beyond to help out.

She works hard - i saw her in the evening and this morning too

She works till late night 11 PM -23:00 hrs and comes to work again at 7 AM -wow this is amazing. I would definitely feel tired!!:) If i am young i can do that!!:)

2. People who can make dinners in the hotel –similar to a restaurant- are very nice people -they do not want anything -if you tip extra- they refuse and say they do not want, we really appreciate the job they like it.

They make the food really well. they wanted to stop by and give- they have a pleasant way of handling customers

3. Operations manager- very nice and helpful

She wanted to take care regular Marriott customers- she was able to recognize and wanted to find a place to park also

She was walking out to see if i can get free parking lot -even though i came late-she cares for the work

Above all, General Manager Courtyard Tampa Downtown is prepared to do anything if there is a crisis or to resolve. He is prepared to always

listen
hear
understand
customers needs -both ways.
He is pretty open person - I have not met him in person - I can see through his emails -his straightforward and direct approach.

He would like to know what we can do to improve always for the hotel- this is a great quality

Really appreciate the gesture

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2012

We did arrive before check in time, they were great getting our room early knowing we were tired. I did mention I was a marriott member-they usually try to upgrade if they can. I got a balcony at the front of the building overlooking the parking lot. Would of liked something better if their was but I didnt ask as we were tired. The room was clean, they had free continental breakfast which was nice and the room was reasonably priced. The pool was great and the kids enjoyed it alot. They must share amenties with their other marriott hotel beside them because when we mentioned if the hot tub was broken they said yes but we could use next doors which was nice. The staff seemed very nice and attentive some of the best I have seen. We would come back if next in Tampa.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not overlooking the parking lot.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
GMGregBrooks, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Downtown, responded to this review, August 31, 2012
Tracy,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a nice review on our property. One of our specialties are the pre-cruise and post cruise experience. Several times a week we are busy transporting people to the port in our complimentary shuttle. We hope to see you again in the near future for your next cruise vacation out of Tampa! Safe travels.
Dayton, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We booked this through Marriott.com for one night before our cruise. They have several special rates on their site, including one for cruise passengers which negated the cost of our transportation from the airport and to the port.

The staff was always super-friendly and helpful, and very accommodating. We arrived well before check-in time, but our room was ready. On Sunday my mom wanted to attend mass so they allowed us to have a late check-out.

The room was very clean and spacious with newly updated decor. Beds were nice, pillows not bad. There was a sink/vanity in the hallway outside of the bathroom (tub/shower and toilet). There was no safe in the room.

The hotel offered a breakfast buffet for a reasonable price, but we did not go (since we were getting on a cruise ship with tons of food!). Instead we bought a snack from their small "store" which had some packaged snacks, refrigerated and frozen items, toiletries, and a microwave. Of course the items were a bit pricy, but to be expected in a hotel.

They are renovating the lobby and interior by the pool so there were some strong adhesive odors. Our room also had a faint odor, though we couldn't figure out what it was and it was not a concern. Also the have (what I assume is) a newly renovated lobby with a bar, as well as another separate gathering space with comfortable seating and a large TV. There are two computer stations with a printer, too. It said Wi-Fi has a fee, but I was able to use my iPad to connect without charge, although the signal was very weak.

There is a mid-size pool, grill, picnic area, and small basketball court to the rear of the hotel. It was well-used, but did not appear crowded. There is another hotel (Residence Inn) connected to the pool area, so guests from both the Courtyard and Residence Inn utilize the spaces.

There are lots of restaurants within walking distance, as well as several museums. There was the Tampa Theatre which looked cool but we did not go--it's a vintage theater with new and classic movies as well as other events. The historic Ybor community was about 5 minutes away via the free shuttle. They dropped us off and picked us up when we called. The only problem was had was that when we called the shuttle phone number it went directly to voicemail. I was not expecting that, but when we called the hotel the man was able to transfer me to the shuttle driver so all was well.

Room Tip: The hotel is not that large, so there really would not be any views. I believe our room was on the e...
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2012 via mobile

Stayed one night on business. The rooms at this hotel in the downtown area are spacious and nicely decorated and the front desk staff were exceptionally friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012
Montverde, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2012

I recently booked two nights while on a mini-vacation. I had concerns due to other reviews I had read, but booked anyway due to the location. I was very pleased with our stay. The room was neat and clean, the location was perfect, and the staff was very helpful and friendly. We decided to stay an additional night!

Singapore, Singapore
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed for 4 nights while working in the area. The hotel is adequate and the staff are friendly,

The rooms typical US hotel-chain style, which means they appear slightly dated and the bathroom was rather dingy and small.

The hotel is conveniently located however the area does not have much going on after hours and is completely deserted. Noted that the tram which goes through to Ybor City looks like it will be operational in the near future which will be a bonus.

The swimming pool and spa in the courtyard were a nice bonus.

Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
Joma71,

Thanks for taking the time to let us know about your 4 night stay. I know that your last stay was "adequate" but I think we will have the "WOW" with your next stay. The hotel just completed a room renovation and public space renovation updating our lounge, lobby, and new restaurant! Also, next time please take advantage of our free hotel shuttle that can take you anywhere within a two mile radius of the hotel. This includes all of downtown and Ybor City which has some of the best nitelife in Tampa! Thanks again for your input and while your last stay was good... I know we will do better given all of our improvements!

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Downtown? Share your experiences!