“Great pp, clean room” 4 of 5 stars

Earn Rewards Points
Ranked #45 of 159 hotels in Tampa
“Great pp, clean room”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2011 via mobile

We got great and quick service from the front deak when we needed it. Also from maintenance and housekeeping. Pool had debris but otherwise fine. Husband is platinum elite but we were not offered breakfast vouchers as there is no free bfast. Not sure but we think wr shouldve been given vouchers for the 8.95 buffet. Parking is $12 a day but valets are friendly and quick. Easy walk to restaurants. A good hotel experience.

• Stayed June 2011

202 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (48)
San Diego, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2011

Stayed here in June 2011 for work. Good location, although I'm not crazy about having to use Valet parking at twelve bucks a night. Lots of restaurants within a couple of blocks (if you can stand walking in the heat and humidity). They have a free shuttle that runs within a 2 mile radius of the hotel.

Pros: Nice room, very quiet, nice flat screen TV.

Cons: Absolutely horrible internet connection, both wired and wireless. Almost unusable in the evenings. I actually broke out my 3G USB modem to download some files from the company server, because that was faster than the supposed "High-Speed Internet" in the room.

A nice hotel if you're on vacation or don't need internet access for much. A poor choice for business travelers who need to be online in the evening.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled on business
florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2011

Stayed here with several other couples for a weekend get away. The hotel is clean, easy to find - had no issues whatsoever. This is a basic Courtyard Marriott. The location is right across from performing arts center. Down Town is a little questionable so it's not really somewhere you want to be walking around. Take a cab to your location - there isn't much as far as clubs or bars within walking distance. That end of downtown is pretty dead. We went to eat at Bern's and their shuttle didn't go that far but not drinking and driving was more than worth the $20 cab ride each way for a delicious safe meal. Check in and out were easy, staff friendly. No fridge in room which really sucked but I got a great rate so can't complain.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Goose Creek, South Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2011

I stayed at this Hotel for the 3rd year in a row while running in the Gasparilla Distance Classic. The location is great,walking distance to the Convention Center for the Expo,and also to the start /finish areas of the runs.
The staff is fantastic,treated me like an old friend,and the women who checked me in was the same one for all 3 years,and she is a native of Brooklyn NY like me, so we talk about the old home,lol.
The room was large,comfortable,clean and very quiet,the bed was very comfortable.

Free internet and a great free coffee area was available.
I will be back again in 2012.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled solo
Jacksonville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I have to start off with the positives. Great location, central to everything. The rooms were dated, but extremely clean and spacious. The staff was very polite. Now here is the rub. I live in Tampa and was staying there because it was close to an event I had to attend. So imagine my surprise as I am woken from a dead sleep (my room 419 faced Cass street, don't let them do this to you) at about 12am with the loud blast of a locomotive horn. It was so load my room shook a bit. Then I found out that downtown Tampa has CSX tracks, that allow freight trains to cut right down the middle of downtown. WOW! I never knew that, it scared me to death. So Thats my complaint, it was just like the My Cousin Vinny movie, I couldn't sleep because of the train. And it came by every night at different times too, so there was no getting used to it. At almost 200 bucks a night, yeah next time I'll stay home or near the airport, at least the flights stop landing at 11pm. BTW dont pay 12 bucks for valet, park on the street.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Cumming, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

We spend the night here prior to our cruise vacation on 11/19/10. The hotel is nice and the area seemed fairly safe. Cars are valet parked. They held our car while we were on our cruise and the had it waiting at the front of the hotel when we returned from our cruise. The only complain I would have was with the first room we were giving.....the door would not lock. I even set the deadbolt and the door would open with the slightest push. We told the front desk and were moved immediately it all worked out well and we were satisfied.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
Tifton, GA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 31, 2010

We stayed the night before a western Carribean seven day cruise from Tampa.The downtown was easy to find. The check-in staff and parking attendants made getting in a breeze. The room was ready and clean and it was easy to make arrangements for the free shuttle to the cruise terminal the next morning. We stayed on a "Sleep and cruise" rate which enabled us to leave our car at the hotel during our cruise. Overall, it was a very positive experience. We did order room service (not run by the hotel) for our evening meal and it was late and cold, but at least it was not over-priced. Upon our return, the shuttle picked us up promptly and the attendant presented our car, so we were satisfied and will do it again if we cruise from Tampa again, which we likely will. We will ask for a room not so close to Ashley Street, which got somewhat loud on Saturday night.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tampa Downtown? Share your experiences!