“Excellent in Every Way” 5 of 5 stars

Wingate by Wyndham Tampa / USF
2.5 of 5 Hotel   |   3751 East Fowler Avenue, Tampa, FL 33612   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #30 of 160 Hotels in Tampa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was in a great location and close to Busch Gardens. Hotel ran a courtesy bus every day to Busch Gardens until 9pm. Bedrooms were spotless and very spacious. Hotel included a spa and gym for use free of charge to hotel guests. Staff were very obliging and helpful. There was plenty of choice for the complimentary breakfast including cereal, waffles, toast, eggs, burgers, yogurts, fresh fruit, pastries etc. Room had safe, microwave and fridge in them and tea/coffee making facilities. The reception staff very knowledgeable of activities available locally and advised of places to shop. Would definitely stay in this hotel again.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
tampa094, Front Office Manager at Wingate by Wyndham Tampa / USF, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our property. It was wonderful to read all your great comments. As you mentioned we are located only a few minutes away from Busch Gardens and USF. We do offer the free shuttle to and from these locations. Among our amenities, we do have a breakfast buffet including a wide variety of hot and cold items. We try to accommodate all palettes as best as possible. We are so glad to have met your expectations. Again, thank you for choosing Wingate by Wyndham and we hope to see you in the near future.
Marco Island, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

I travel every week and I have to say this was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at. The staff was very helpful and friendly. This was my first visit to this hotel and I have to say they treated me like they I was here alot. The room was very clean.
I did not meet one staff menber that treated me like they did not know me. It was like we were friends already. They told us about getting tickets there to Bush Gardens. They gave us Menues for take outs in case we need them. They think of everything before you need it. I loved it there and I will be staying there again week after next.
I wish I could stay there every week. Keep up the good work.
Joanne Parks

Room Tip: I alway like to stay close to th elevators and facing the front of the Hotel.
Green Features: Tey do not allow Dogs and when you are afraid of them like I am this is a real nice feature. One less thing I have to worry about. I have allergys and sometimes even aftr the room is clean it still lingers in the room. I will stay in this hotel every time I am in Tampa.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Puerto Rico
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

At most well run hotels you would expect a clean room, updated interiors and friendly service. This hotel has all of the above and then some. We stayed here for a week to visit the parks and took advantage of their free shuttle and complimentary breakfast (fantastic with lots of variety).
Their staff is the model of excellence in hospitality service. Friendly and very helpful, Beatrice (front desk) gave us great advice on places to go nearby and went out of her way to make sure our stay was perfect (as perfect as it can be for a family of 5). Cosmito and Connie (shuttle van) were always on time picking us up at the parks. I will only stay here on my next vacation in Tampa.

Room Tip: You can't go wrong here...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family