“Overall a Good Hotel” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Hotel Tampa

You added InterContinental Hotel Tampa to your Saves list
InterContinental Hotel Tampa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4860 West Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Wyndham Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #55 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Miami, Florida
“Overall a Good Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 21, 2011

Stayed here for my boyfriend's birthday. The rooms are a bit small (not much walking room) but overall clean. There was this weird musty smell in the sheets and pillows. Bathroom is very nice and clean.
The elevators are really cool!
The location is great because it's basically near everything. About 10 min away from Ybor (where all the bars are) and is surrounded by convenient stores such as a 24 hour walgreens and a starbucks across the street.
The walls are pretty thin. We had a group of teens in the room next to us and we could hear it when they spoke. We called guest services though, and they took care of it.

Overall, a good place. Seems very businessy though.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Polish first
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2011 via mobile

If you are from out of state this might not be the best place to stay since it's not at the beach. Go to Clearwater or Saint Pete. My husband and I live about 35 miles from Tampa and decided to stay the night since we had dinner reservations and knew it would be a long drive after drinks with dinner. We got a great deal on the hotel and we were surprised at how nice and clean it was. Yes, you can see into offices and they can see you, but keep the curtains shut. I don't know about you, but whenever I'm staying at a hotel, there is a reason for it, so I'm not sitting in my hotel room all day anyway. This is not a hotel on the beach. It's on a busy road in Tampa. As long as you know that going in, the office building shouldn't be an issue.

• Stayed January 2011
London
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2011

i think this hotel has obviously decided where to market itself and that is to the business user which is fair enough. We had booked a suite, which I would not recommend, the building is an odd shape at the ends and these are the areas where the suites are. Very strange and unfriendly layout and not worth the hassle. If we hadn't already been on two flights and arrived later in the day we would have upped and moved to another hotel. Also the rooms had that awful smell of must and old age, although it seemed as if the place had been renovated in the last few years. Just no fresh air I guess. Strange thing to note is that there is no coffee served in the hotel after 2pm. Yes that is 2 in the afternoon. You do get kindly directed to the Starbucks over the road. Over the road is actually about 400 m away and over a major traffic junction that takes about 5-7 mins before you can get across - minimum. So the whole thing can take you 20-30 mins for coffee. And by the time you are back it will probably be cold anyway. Very odd for a city hotel - as a Brit I really didn't get it. But staff are friendly and that makes up for most things... Won't go back though, stayed at the Hyatt Regency on the way out and there is no comparison, unfortunately it was fully booked on our way back..

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Niceville, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2011

This was to be a treat, as well as business, for our teachers during FEMA. We Pricleined the stay and were excited to be able to afford this luxury for our teachers. We paid online. Immediately called the hotel to make sure there would be two beds in each room and were assured there would be.

Our people arrived late the evening they were to check in and were told there were no rooms available with two beds. They were told those were accomodations that could not be made on Priceline (they were not I called Intercontinental) and since they were late they did not have that available.

Our people were not treated in a manner of a 4 star by the night crew at the desk and were given rollaways on which to sleep. This was not the nice luxury to our overworked underpaid staff we were looking to obtain. The next day a room for our ladies was found with two beds but the same was not afforded to the men.

Kudos to the door service. Our people all stated how nice they were and to the morning desk people.

Stayed January 2011, traveled on business
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2011

I stayed for two single night stays on the bookends of my trip in November. My experiences were similar in nature, and I have nothing bad to say about this hotel.

I did not utlize any of the hotel amenities (food, pool, etc) so I can really only comment on the staff and the room.

The staff was friendly in asking whether I'd stayed here before and whether I needed any assistance. Smiles around were welcoming.

The beds are wonderful. I slept like a baby. The showers were also very nice.

Parking was free and convenient, and the interenet was free as well.

I don't have any complaints on the hotel, and if I had to stay here again, it would be with pleasure.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled solo
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

Nice clean hotel, centrally located near the airport. Check in was quick but the agent was not welcoming and friendly at all. I had read that the rooms faced the offices and when I actually saw it I realized how close that distance was.So I asked for a room facing the marina, it was a partial view and cost an additional $20 per night, all that they had available was a room with 2 double beds. I asked if they could move the beds together, she said they could not, I asked if I could, she said yes. We get to the room and there are 2 double beds separated by a good size table. With the weight of the beds I realized I was not going to move it. There was a fairly big table in the corner with a desk chair and a club chair in the corner. With the space constraints you could not use the club chair at all and if you used the desk chair you had to skim by the bed.Since the check in was so unhelpful I did not go back that day. I did go a couple of days later and they offered to move me to a king bed room, I declined, my point was I wanted them to be aware of the space constraints with the set up . Otherwise it was fine, nice bed, nice bed linens, thin towels.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
nj
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2011

stayed here two nights before our cruise and dante could not have been more helpful in aiding with restaurant info and making reservations for us; also hotel had computers where we were able to purchase our busch garden tix thru aaa at a discount and they arranged our transportation to the port ... all in all highly recomended

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

Been to InterContinental Hotel Tampa? Share your experiences!