“Lackluster, again” 2 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Hotel Tampa

You added InterContinental Hotel Tampa to your Saves list
InterContinental Hotel Tampa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4860 West Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Wyndham Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #54 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Washington, DC
“Lackluster, again”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Filthy brown tapwater, no working light switches, and $7.00 for a bottle of water were just a few reasons why I can't recommend this hotel.

I quickly noticed that the clock in the room was off by more than an hour. Otherwise that could've been a problem for my evening dinner plans. Unfortunately, I didn't notice the alarm was set for midnight. That WAS a problem. But only one of several problems I encountered. The noise from the elevator made falling asleep challenging. There were no drinking glasses in the room, which was probably for the best given the brown, dirty water. I still couldn't bring myself to pay $7.00 for a bottle of water.

On the upside, I appreciated the complementary sewing and nail file kits in the room. The furnishings were upscale and looked nice, although the bed was not terribly comfortable. The front desk staff were tremendously friendly upon check-in and checkout. Overall, I can't recommend this hotel.

Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
Jessica S, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, yesterday
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We are truly sorry and certainly disappointed to hear about the perception you are left with about our accommodations. We will certainly use your feedback to make improvements. On a more positive note I am pleased to hear you found our team welcoming. I hope you will stay with us again for a much better experience that I know we can provide.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Polish first
NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This is the most modest IC i've ever stayed at, difficult after a lovely stay at Miami.

It is clearly a revamped lower category property.

It has the branded steakhouse.

Presidential Suite was an average, or below average at other IC's.

We moved to Clearwater.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I am forced to stay here for business. I hate this place. Took me 30 minutes to check in. They block your cell service so you have to pay $13.95 a day for super slow wifi. Dinner was a $22.50 sandwich. The ginger ale was $4 for a can. My trashcans were all sitting on top of tables. I would never voluntarily stay here. Hopefully this kind of gouging hotel is a relic of the past.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
Jessica S, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. We treat every situation as an opportunity to learn from and this is certainly one of those times. It is always of utmost importance to us to ensure that our guests and customers leave the hotel satisfied at all times. Our pricing is in line with similar properties in this area and we feel that we offer good value given our central location and extensive facilities. However, in your case it appears we failed to meet expectations, and for that I am truly sorry.
Baltimore, Maryland
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My daughter and I came here for two days of business, with four clients, on a three city trip. We travel a lot, and under no circumstances could this hotel qualify as an upscale business hotel. My most senior client, who used to work in the hotel business and chose this from the others in Tampa called it 'a dump' and wrote a letter to management. It is dated and dirty and the service people are surly and uncooperative. We arrived late at night, and my daughter, who is pregnant, just wanted cereal and milk. At 11:30 pm we were told they might have dry cereal but no milk. NO MILK? They do not serve coffee or tea at night. This is not room service. We asked if they could send up creamer, and we'd mix it with water. They didn't know which cereals they had, couldn't find any creamer, and weren't sure if they could get us a bowl. This went on for almost two hours. By 1am they were still looking for cereal. I called to tell them we were exhausted and to just skip it, and they didn't even apologize. We would have been better off with Motel 6. The next morning we had the worst buffet breakfast ever. We ate at 10am, and they hadn't freshened the eggs or biscuits for hours. Depressing place and service. Stay away.

• Stayed August 2015, traveled on business
Jessica S, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Thank You for taking the time to provide us with the feedback about your stay with us
I am deeply troubled to hear about your experience at our hotel. The situation that you encountered at our hotel was pretty rare, but that does not make it any more right. Please accept our sincerest apologies for the less-than-courteous service you received as well as for the limited late night menu. I hope you feel able to visit again to that we may restore your faith in us.
Cocoa Beach, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We really enjoyed our stay at this hotel, our fifth.

It is well located with convenient indoor parking. Rooms are comfortable, clean and well maintained. Weekend rates are a good value.

Danielle at reception is a standout employee and went above and beyond to assist us during our stay.

Fee wifi for members of their frequent guest program was a nice perk.

All in all, another very pleasant stay and we would happily stay here again.

Greater Cincinnati
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

While it was a good stay, I was a bit disappointed at the cleanliness of the room. The layout of the hotel is interesting with the various floor locations and entrances to the office complex. The bar area is good but again the decor is very dated. "most" of the staff were very friendly and helpful, but there were at least 3 that seemed like it was a burden for them to answer any questions. Not my first pick in the area if I am close by.

Stayed July 2015, traveled on business
Jessica S, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I was concerned to read your feedback and please accept my apologies for the inconveniences that you experienced during your stay. We are looking into the issues that you mentioned, and we thank you for bringing them to our attention. You deserve much better as a guest of our hotel, and we hope that you will give us another opportunity to show you the real, world-class experience upon which we’ve built our reputation.
Miami Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We are IHG members and received fabulous treatment! Needed a mini fridge, it arrived within 10 minutes. Everyone was courteous and the food was perfect from lunch in the lounge/bar area to dinner at Shula's. It's easy to access from the airport and we could walk to the mall with great shopping and restaurants. Wish they had a concierge's lounge, but the price is very reasonable for a nice hotel in Tampa.

Room Tip: I've never had a bad room on multiple visits to the property over the years.