“Needs a good cleaning!” 3 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Hotel Tampa

You added InterContinental Hotel Tampa to your Saves list
InterContinental Hotel Tampa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4860 West Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Wyndham Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #52 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cape Coral, Florida
“Needs a good cleaning!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel has a big city, cosmopolitan feel to it. When it was new I am sure that it was quite impressive. Currently the rooms need carpet cleaning and a good deep cleaning. The lobby area was nice but could use a fresh pop of color such as fresh flowers or large vases....something to break the monotony of beige/taupe/black. We only stayed one night so not a big deal but somehow could never recommend it.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
JGaffney, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Thank you for sharing your experience with us, I appreciate the honest observations regarding our property and will work to improve based on your suggestions. Thanks again for taking the time to share.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Polish first
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

After a rocky start to our weekend getaway with a transfer snafu...we were efficiently checked in to the hotel and found our room fresh and nicely appointed. We went out to dinner with nearby family and returned to find a handwritten note and a lovely cheese platter apologizing for the arrival hotel transfer from the airport. That turned our entire trip around and we felt like we were guests, hats off to Lorraine! We found the hotel to be close by to everthing we needed...The airport, attractions and FAMILY! We would stay there again but would request another room location. We were next to the 24 hr fitness center and being a light sleeper You would be amazed how early some folks hit the treadmill!

Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I recently stayed at the hotel and i must say the customers service and staff were by far the best staff ever. I ordered room service one morning there and latisha delieverd to me and my wife. The food was great, hot and fresh. Latisha even called back and ask how was the food and did we need anything else. Most Hotels that i have visit wouldnt even take out the time to do things like that. I was very impressed. Overall Latisha is a great person to guest and also for the company. Shes very pleasant and welcomed us with a smile. I would love to visit again. She made us feel like home.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I had the pleasure of staying at the Intercontinental Tampa Hotel for one night in March 2015. I chose this hotel because of the reviews on Tripadvisor as well as its proximity to the airport. I truly enjoyed my stay and was very impressed with many aspects of the hotel and the professionalism demonstrated by the staff that works there. Here are the details - -

I arrived at the hotel, by car, at about 5PM on Saturday, March 21. My first encounter with a staff member was outside the front door where I asked for directions to the parking garage. I met the same woman at the front desk and complimented her on her friendly and professional manner as well as her directions. The garage is located off the main road, but self-parking is free and the elevator is easily accessible; however there are no hotel luggage carts allowed in the garage.

The ambiance created in the front lobby is welcoming and comfortable. I liked how the lobby bar area had televisions in several small spaces. There were many sitting areas that were separated from the adjacent office building atrium, but open at the same time creating an airy feeling. The check-in desk was centrally located making it easy to get from the elevator to the street to the parking garage. Very smart design.

Once I checked into my room, I discovered my television did not work. I contacted the front desk and she offered to send an engineer to have a look. Within five minutes, he knocked at the door and diagnosed the problem. He took the remote control and returned with a new one in less than 10 minutes. Overall it was a 15 or 20 minute turnaround from identifying the problem to having it fixed. Very impressive for such a big hotel.

The one issue I found somewhat bothersome was the noise from other guests staying on my floor. That is not an issue specific to this hotel, just a group of inconsiderate guests. I returned from dinner at about 8PM and from that time until about 10PM children were running up and down the hallways and many very loud conversations were occurring in the hallways, outside of the rooms. I considered calling the front desk to ask for some help, but I did not because the noise stopped at around 10PM. unfortunately, the noise began again at 1AM when the guests seemed to be returning to their rooms. Once again I considered calling the front desk, but the noise subsided within about 15 minutes. As I said, this was not a problem unique to this hotel, but one that could be minimized if guests that are part of a group could have their rooms placed close together.

I had a late flight on Sunday so I appreciated the fact that I was able to keep my room beyond the 12 noon check-out time. It cost me $20 to keep my room until 3PM. This made my departure day more relaxing because I was able to sit by the pool and enjoy the warmth before returning to Toronto. Upon departing the hotel, I asked the front desk for an up-to-date invoice as I had made some phone calls from my room, due to a delayed flight. I was aware there would be charges so thought my account would have been updated by 3PM and I could get a detailed invoice. At that time, the front desk told me I would be charged $20 on my credit card.

After arriving home, I checked my email and found a message from the Director of Operations of this hotel. He was writing to share his appreciation for my having chosen the Intercontinental Tampa hotel and to confirm I had a comfortable stay. He invited my feedback, if I had any lingering concerns. I was impressed by how quickly he reached out to a client and assume this is common business practice. This was a pro-active step taken to get in front of any potential negative comments that could be shared on the internet. These days, people are quick to share their feelings.

Within a week of arriving home, I received my credit card bill and discovered I was not charged $20 for my stay; in fact I was charged $34. While I was not surprised to see the extra charges, I was mystified as to why I was charged $14 for two toll-free phone calls and one local call to Avis Car Rental at Tampa Airport. I decided to address this with the Director of Operations. Once again I was impressed at how quickly the issue was investigated, communicated and is now on the road to being rectified.

Having the name of someone that I could speak to directly, was what made the difference here. I want to publicly thank the Director of Operations at the Intercontinental Tampa Hotel for his assistance, as well as the professional staff members who all contributed to a very enjoyable stay. I will return to this hotel and I recommend it to all Tripadvisor readers.

Room Tip: 9th Floor if you want to have easy acess to the pool
  • Stayed March 2015, traveled solo
Hernando, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

This hotel has a central location in a very nice neighborhood. Clean and modern, located in an impressive business complex, the ambiance is pleasant and efficient. Guest service staff helpful and knowledgeable. Rooms are comfortable with excellent sleeping. Easy to get to any of Tampa's many attractions. Would stay again anytime.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces west.
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled as a couple
Michelle M, Front Office Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, 1 week ago
We already can't wait for your next visit to the InterContinental Tampa! So happy you enjoyed our central location, comfortable rooms and helpful staff. Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

I can't imagine this hotel used for anything other than business!! My view is looking into an atrium and at an office building that also looks into the same atrium (and into the interior rooms)!! Great for peeping Toms but not as a travel destination!! The elevators are very loud. Its obvious that the staff don't really care from the front desk to housekeeping!! Even the clock in my room was not changed with the time change!! Wondering how long its been since someone was actually in this room or cleaned this room!! Would never stay here on vaca and really can't wait to go home!! Can't figure out how this is a 4 star hotel!! Seriously Hamptons are far better and cleaner!!

Stayed April 2015, traveled on business
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent visit at our hotel and please accept our sincerest apologies for the noise and room issue experienced during your stay. We apologize you did not completely enjoy our property but appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback with us.
Bournemouth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We chose to stay at this hotel for one night before leaving Tampa.

This hotel is situated in a great location for the Airport and the International Shopping Plaza at Tampa.

The room itself was nice, although the view was looking into offices which were situated in the hotel, which made us feel like we had to draw the curtains to avoid people looking into the room we were staying in.

The hotel offers complimentary Wi-Fi to members of the Intercontinental programme.

The pool was also disappointing in size, and looked very run-down and old.

Other than this, the hotel is lovely, and the staff were very friendly.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
David, I am so happy to know you enjoyed our great location and friendly staff! Thank you for your feedback about the pool area and view from the guest room. Hope to see you back at the InterContinental Tampa!

Been to InterContinental Hotel Tampa? Share your experiences!