“Convenient and clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Hotel Tampa

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Hotel Tampa to your Saves list
InterContinental Hotel Tampa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4860 West Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Wyndham Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #53 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Austin, TX
“Convenient and clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

If you need closer to the airport, Westshore mall or that area, this hotel its the one. If you want a hotel for a view, not they one. But because I placed a bid on priceline, I didn't know what I was going to get, but I am glad I was booked for this hotel, it was clean and easy accessible. The bar at the lobby, oh boy, you better be prepare to pay $15 dlls for a Margarita.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (212)
Show Low, AZ
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

Things were crazy at home so I took my wife on a much needed surprise getaway to Tampa/clearwater beach. I was really excited to have a stay for the first time at Intercontinental hotel. They enjoy an excellent reputation worldwide. We got to our room and I opened the curtains, expecting a nice warm glow of sunshine and instead got an indoor view of an adjacent office building? Our "privacy" was certainly subdued due to the fact that someone directly across from you just a few yards away might be caught looking straight into your hotel window.

The room and bathroom were nicely appointed, the bed was very comfy (big plus), but the overall size was smaller than other hotels. The pool on the 9th floor was very basic and not to the standards of most 4 star hotels. The hallway and elevator shaft were noisier than other hotels which kept my wife up at night. This didn't help her relax. The staff were helpful enough, no complaints there.

Overall, we needed to completely relax for four nights due to our extremely hectic lives, but between the noise at night from doors slamming and elevator shaft, as well as the CPA staring us down outside our window in the morning, we didn't get the relaxation we needed.

Room Tip: Get a room that opens to the outside, not the office next door.
  • Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

A birthday night stay was much looked forward to....but the experience didn't match the expectation. .The rooms are clean and nicely appointed (which is why we chose this hotel), but it was extenuating circumstances that marred the stay... Our room choice was slim and we opted for "limited outside view" on the second floor to "rooms next to the elevator.higher up"....uhhh? Hmmm. Our limited view room turned out to be sandwiched between two families with small, cranky children who were not as happy to be there as we were and were loudly vocal about their displeasure. When we talked to the front desk about this, they moved us to the 6th floor with a "view of the atrium--and not next to the elevators". (we wondered why this room wasn't an option to begin with, but...?) All seemed to be right with the world until some time after midnight when the power went out. When it didn't come back on by 2:30a.m., the room was stuffy and hot and other doors were slamming up and down the hallway. The power was sporadic in the hallway and the elevators worked, but.... My hubby went to see what was what with things...He came back from a dark "downstairs"-- where they were using glow sticks for illumination, without any answers. It was too late--or too early depending on how you look at it, to head for home, so we toughed it out and finally conked out....The power came back on some time before 6a.m. We checked out by 9a.m. We understand the power going out is a random (and sometimes frequent) happening.in a city known for lightning..........but it's just not a good thing to have happen in an unfamiliar sleeping environment.... We've stayed here before, but all things considered this last time, we are not that anxious to go back.

• Stayed September 2014, traveled as a couple
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My husband and I needed a place to stay while we looked around Tampa with the anticipation of moving from Denver. First of all, we had room 701, right next to the elevators...you really have to strain to hear them, unless you're in the bathroom where yes, you can hear what I consider to be "white noise". I slept like a rock. Also, we had an inside room, if you want privacy and light, just pull your sheers closed and leave the blackouts open. I actually thought it was unique to have that view. We stayed for 4 nights, right after our cruise on the NCL Getaway, so we were basking in the glow of an amazing vacation. Anyway, the room was great, loved the bed and chaise lounge chair, desk, etc., everything you need to be comfortable. Staff was great. Food at Shula's is so great...we ordered 2 hamburgers for lunch one day, med-well...I've never had that juicy of a med-well hamburger, ever. All meals ordered up to the room were fantastic, which let's be honest, no matter where you're staying this is usually not the case. Free Wifi for club members. One other great thing, Whole Foods is a short drive, got a massage and stocked up on snacks. You have a shopping mall and PF Changs, Maggiano's and a Fish House restaurant within 2 blocks which really made the trip. Thanks, InterContinental Tampa. Tip: bring your "one for home" meals from Maggiano's to the hotel staff :)

Room Tip: Elevator noise wasn't that bad in my opinion, reading the reviews I thought it would be an issue...
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Birmingham, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

We saved the best to last, great hotel, a step up from the airport Marriott we stayed in on arrival.
Drove in from Fort Lauderdale and easy to find. Valet directed DH to self parking and checked in to seventh floor.
Really classy room, loved the bathroom.
We booked a table at Seasons 52 which was less than 5 minutes walk from the hotel, so great facilities when in town for 1 night.
Good night sleep and great buffet breakfast the next morning.
Then time to drive to the airport which was a very short distance and easy to find.
Great last night in the USA, we will be back.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Tampa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I have stayed at this hotel numerous times and never have I experienced unpleasant moments...this is without exaggeration. The hotel, restaurant, and lounge staff were very friendly and customer-service driven. The rooms were clean and beddings were comfortable. I like the showers and the glass elevators. I also like the decorations and ambiance in the hotel lobby. And, Shula's Steakhouse, being inside the hotel is also a plus. Lastly, I like the hotel parking, not so confusing and it's complimentary.

Room Tip: Corner rooms are roomy and sunny. Choose rooms on a higher floors.
Green Features: I like the fact that the hotel use organic toiletries...as well as providing guests with environmentally friendly practices.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Great view , great staff ! i was intown for 1 night and had to catch a early fight the next day.
this location is close to the airport an have shuttle service . They had in house restaraunt
and the food was good. My room was Beautiful and so was my view (top floor bay side). I will stay here EVERY time im in tampa area. (it looked like it has just been remodeled )

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Been to InterContinental Hotel Tampa? Share your experiences!