“Good Value...Convenient Location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Hotel Tampa

You added InterContinental Hotel Tampa to your Saves list
InterContinental Hotel Tampa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4860 West Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Wyndham Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #52 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Denver
“Good Value...Convenient Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2014

If you are seeking a central Tampa property at a good rate this will fit your needs. Clean up to date room ...a few cosmetic challenges in the bathroom...otherwise solid. I was first stunned by how slow the check in process was and the pompousness of the desk clerk. How can this exist at a reputed 4 star hotel, but I did check in at 11 pm and perhaps I worked with the property's "b" team or my impatience could have been the product of being tired from traveling all day. But again overall a good value.

Room Tip: Suggest you bid on line for this hotel
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled solo
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, June 18, 2014
We are pleased you took advantage of our centralized location here at the InterContinental Tampa! It is great to know you value our rooms here at the hotel. We hope you choose to stay with us again.

-Jeff R.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (258)
  • Polish first
North Port, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2014 via mobile

This hotel is in the heart of Tampa. I booked it for a getaway with my husband as we wanted to try one of the restaurants in the area. The service and accommodations were perfect. Will definitely stay here again.

Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Traci, I am happy to hear you and your husband enjoyed the convenient location of the InterContinental Tampa, as well as, the accommodating staff. I look forward to your next visit!

FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

3 night stay and was very comfortable. It is centered between office space buildings, but located across from the mall with some nice dining venues, Maggiano's, Mitchell Fish Market and Seasons 52, and PF Chang. They do have the food court for fast food, but we chose Maggiano, Mitchell's and Seasons 52, all of which were good. We used this hotel to stay away from crowds and traffic at the beaches, but each day went over to enjoy those areas. Nice size rooms, toiletries in bath good. Have to agree with some of the other reviewers, noise levels, people arriving & leaving, doors closing, you could hear it all. All the hotel staff, the valet parking, restaurant servers were friendly and pleasant.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, June 12, 2014
It is fantastic to know you enjoyed your stay with us at the InterContinental Tampa! We are pleased you took advantage of our convenient location. Thank you for such wonderful remarks about our friendly staff here at the hotel! We hope you choose to stay with us again in the future.

3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2014

First off I called them to make sure I get the lower floors so I wouldn't have to wait for the elevators as long. Lo and behold I get there and I get the 10th floor (there are 11 floors). They did sorta put me away from the elevators (which I heard can be noisy).

2nd of all there are no fridges in the hotel room for you to use. I didn't read the label on the stocked fridge which held all their alcohol, other beverages and snacks before I started moving things around to put my stuff in. Luckily the front desk was flexible and didn't charge me. The label does clearly state that it has an electric sensor and you should only move things around or take out stuff if you consume them and you will be automatically charged. But no empty fridge :/

3rd of all their shuttle driver takes every 30 min (seemed to be more than that) to arrive at the airport or to pick us up from the hotel. One of them had trouble getting out of the airport pick-up area.

Alas I left my new wireless mouse ($25 value) at the hotel, which they fortunately found. Unfortunately they don't USPS to ship your lost and found items. They only do Fedex and UPS and overnight or 2 day. The housekeeping services also don't know the prices off-hand. Turns it was a whopping $19 to ship back a $25 mouse. Not sure why they can't do those small box flat rates at USPS or just regular ground shipping with UPS or Fedex.

Unfortunately I will have to stay there next year and every 8-10 years for my board exams. Need to make sure I don't leave anything valuable there!!!! Otherwise beds were comfortable, nice water pressure for shower and good working a/c. Internet is free if you join the IHG membership club.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Brenda, I deeply apologize for the issues you faced while staying with us. I look forward to your next stay with us so we can provide you with the great service you deserve!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2014

I stayed here for a three day conference. The accommodations for the meetings were good. I brought a sweater and was comfortable. The snacks and meals served were delicious and they were able to accommodate special diets.

The room was nice with a desk and lounge chair. The bathroom was very small with virtually no counter space. They offered many in room toiletries such as cotton pads, Qtips, and the usual soaps and shampoo, etc. The tub stopper didn't work in my rooms and when I called they sent someone up immediately. The room opened up to the atrium (translated to directly facing offices). I wasn't able to open my shades which made the room dark and claustrophobic. The doors and walls were thin. I could hear the gentleman next to me belching and the like (gross!). When someone closed their door it sounded like my door was slamming shut. The lights from the hallway and the adjoining room (the belcher's room) lit up the room around the door frame making it difficult to sleep as well.

I was able to walk to many restaurants and a nice mall with higher end shops such as Ann Taylor, White House Black Market, Loft, Banana Republic, H&M. There was a food court there as well as other sit down restaurants, gelato, creperia. There was a Walgreens and gas station across the street.

The hotel has a shuttle, but I took a taxi. It was a flat rate of $15 and took about 10 minutes from the airport.

The pool was small, but I think it is due to the hotel's location and most likely suited for business. The fitness room was also small with precore machines. The treadmill I used was adequate but dated.

Overall I liked the hotel. Service was great. Location excellent for what I needed.

Room Tip: Do not choose a room facing the atrium.
Green Features: Green certified, but the housekeeper still grabbed the towels I hung up and replaced everything daily.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for writing such a detailed review about the InterContinental Tampa! I am excited that the service met your expectations, and you were able to take advantage of our convenient location. I am glad you had a wonderful conference, and I hope you come back and visit us soon!

Raleigh, North Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2014

Definitely wonderful interiors, fun roof-top pool and great location.
However the services and staff need more improvement. Also, some bathrooms have issues with the drainage. Overall, not worth the dent in your wallet.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
I am happy that you value our rooms and the pool here at the hotel. Thank you for taking the time to write a detailed review, and I greatly apologize that your expectations were not met regarding our service. I have reviewed your concerns with out front office manager so we can improve in these areas.

Orlando
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2014

I booked one of those secret deals where you select a star rating but are not advised on hotel until after you pay. We got the deal fro around 100 dollars which was well below the advertised price for this and similar hotels in area. We arrived and had to have access to our room immediately to change for a wedding. It was after check in time. We were told that we had been upgraded to a suite but it was not ready. We explained the situation and they found us another room. It was also a suite, but an odd one with a giant conference table. Regardless, the room was huge, clean and had an astounding corner view with wrap around floor to ceiling windows. Best view I have ever had at that price. We slept great. Also the liquor in minibar was reasonably priced for a change. I am rating 4 star instead of 5 because I feel people expecting a certain standard may take issue with the small outdated pool area (again great view) and there were areas in our room where it seemed carpet was coming up or not properly installed. Also the building itself and lobby feel like an office building from the 80s. This is just nitpicking and I would stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view on a high floor
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, June 5, 2014
We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the InterContinental Tampa! We are happy to know you enjoyed one of our corner business suites with a great view of Tampa. We look forward to your next visit to our hotel!

-Jeff R.

Been to InterContinental Hotel Tampa? Share your experiences!