“Nice but potentially noisy” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Hotel Tampa

You added InterContinental Hotel Tampa to your Saves list
InterContinental Hotel Tampa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4860 West Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Wyndham Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #52 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Minneapolis, Minnesota
“Nice but potentially noisy”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2014

We booked through Priceline and were graciously upgraded to a suite for $100 extra. The staff was very pleasant and the hotel was very nice. The suite itself was also very nice (although the layout was rather unusual). The workout room was small but adequately supplied. Our room service was fantastic and the food was outstanding and well priced. The only negative experience we had was the road noise along W. Kennedy Blvd. It was terribly noisy all night long with cars and motorcycles racing through the night. It literally kept us awake much of the night. Obviously this is something the hotel has no control over, however, unless you can sleep through anything I would recommend requesting a room not on Kennedy Blvd or a quieter location.

Room Tip: Not along Kennedy Blvd
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, March 15, 2014
I am happy you had a great experience staying with us here at the InterContinental Tampa. I am sorry that you had some noise issues, but relieved that you liked the room upgrade, as well as, the gym! Thank you for your review and I hope you stay with us again.

-Jeff R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (250)
  • Polish first
Rhode Island
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

Rooms are a good size-- beds comfortable-- clean ... Good bar area. Steaks are cooked to perfection. Room 1134 does pick up the sounds of glass elevators during sleeping hours as the elevators go up and down carrying guests till early hours of the morning. Hotel does furnish transportation to the airport at no costs however runs only every 30 minutes and if you do not get there early and the van fills up you will need to wait til the van returns therefore advise is not to cut it to close to your flight time.

Room Tip: Try not to get a room near the elevators as the sound carries into rooms close to the elevators.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
Amanda, we loved to know that you valued our rooms here at the InterContinental Tampa! I am sorry you experience some noise issues, and have brought up your concerns to our front desk manager. We hope we get the chance to have you as our guest again!

Monroe, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I recently stayed at the Intercontinental Tampa February 27 - March 1. The pros- Nice, modern hotel, comfortable beds with tons of pillows, soft plush towels, great room service. The cons - the loudest hotel I have ever stayed in. I was on the 10th floor, with a terrible view of cubicles from offices outside the window. There was a continuous loud motor noise that went off every 30-60 seconds all day and night long, plus there were very large gaps at the top and bottom of the hotel room, allowing you to hear everything in the hall like it was in your own room. Every door that opened or closed and every person talking...impossible to relax or sleep in that type of atmosphere, also the rooms (mostly the counters) needed to be cleaned, they were covered with someone else's water spots. I recommend looking elsewhere.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
I am gracious for your kind comments about the rooms! I apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced, and have brought those issues up to our engineering team to improve in those areas. I wish you the best with your prospective travels.

St. Petersburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

The location was brilliant. We were able to explore many different shops, restaurants and even got a taste of SoHo (a bar district south of Howard). The room was average. The T.V. had a strange fuzz that interrupts viewing. The bedding was not particularly comfortable and even kind of itchy. The temperature was awkwardly warm and we could not seem to get it any colder. We did not complain or fuss because we didn't spend so much time in the room that it was truly an issue, but if we had to stay more than one night it would have been. We felt so rushed upon check out! Housekeeping actually let themselves into our rooms at 11am while we were waking up and knocked once more afterwards. Oh, the pool was also strange. Great view of the parking garage though! I probably wouldn't stay here again unless it was randomly through Hotwire.

Room Tip: It seems that most of them have a nice view into other people's rooms/offices. Peeking Toms this...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
I am delighted to know that you enjoyed our location which is near entertainment districts such as South Howard (SOHO). I am sorry about the issues you did experience here with us. I let our engineering department know that way we can improve in these areas.

Sebastopol, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

Good service spotless room, and most important, a Great Bed!!!! The neighborhood has all the charm of any airport strip, but at least you can walk to Starbucks and all the essential better fast food joints

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
We loved hearing that you valued the cleanliness and comfort of our rooms here at the InterContinental Tampa! Thank you for the review, and we hope you choose to stay here again!

Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

My room was nice, bed comfortable but as I checked out there was a charge from the minibar for a Redbull that I did not have. I had looked in the fridge when I checked in and saw that it was there and when I received the check out bill, I looked again and indeed it was gone. As I was the only one in the room, it was obvious that someone in the cleaning crew took it. I went to the front desk to explain and they immediately removed the charge, which was fine, but I really wanted her to relay to the manager that someone took it. I hope she did, and I intend to as well.
Not a big deal overall, but they should be aware their cleaning crew stole something that was charged to me and anyone staying there should check their bill.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
I apologize for the issue you experienced, but I am glad it was taken care of without hesitation! I have shared the issue with our housekeeping manager to prevent any further mishaps. Thank you so much for the feedback! We wish you safe travels in the future.

locust grove
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2014

Had a very nice stay while in Tampa at the InterContinental. Convenient for anyone going on a cruise but also in the center of activities. Very friendly and helpful staff and a lovely room. Their restaurants were also really good and not overpriced. Would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
Jeff R, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, February 28, 2014
I am happy to hear you had a wonderful stay here at the InterContinental Tampa! Thank you for your kind comments about our location and our friendly staff. We hope to see you back soon!

-Jeff R.

Been to InterContinental Hotel Tampa? Share your experiences!