“Excellent Service & Stay ! First impression is everything !” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Hotel Tampa

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Hotel Tampa to your Saves list
InterContinental Hotel Tampa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4860 West Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Wyndham Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #52 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
“Excellent Service & Stay ! First impression is everything !”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013 via mobile

Highly Recommend - hope everyone gets the same superior level of service I received from the moment I walked in and was greeted at the Front Desk by Patty F. - she is an absolute !
As a former road warrior Hotels have always been a necessary evil they can make or break your stay trip whether biz or vacay. What I realized on this 3 day trip is that first impression is Everything it sets the tone for the rest of your stay! Patty F. at reception not only was Excellent but she went above and beyond any other! Patty deserves all the Accolades and kudos that a person with such stellar customer care possesses! She knew when I arrived late that I was under the weather and catered to my every need, she even treated me to a delicious box of chocolate truffles AND called my room to ensure my special requests such as no feather pillows were all taken care of! The truffles alone made me feel like a princess along with my own private concierge (trust me I've stayed at an Intercon & paid 750$/n for a room in Tahiti and I!d take her service over any other - it changes your trip and makes the hotel that much nicer. I wish I could take her traveling with me to teach others how to treat guests as its the little things that mean a lot..... As I was leaving, you exit through the lobby to get to the parking garage, I was so laden down with bags that I didn't look up and out from behind the desk came Patty to assist me with my bags - can I take her home with me ? The rooms are clean toiletries add a nice spa-like touch with lemon verbena scented shampoo conditioner etc..., but my favorite is in the shower cap all you girls that forget was a nice little white pony tail holder - how ironic, I forgot mine :)!!! Great Job InterCon! Muchos Gracias to my Housekeeper Margarita and her patience while I trampled all of my luggage out of the room late as always :)) the beds made me late :) thanks and will definitely come back for the service, convenience and vicinity to everything in the Tampa/Westshore area.

• Stayed August 2013

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (216)
  • Polish first
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2013

I am on the road 2-3 nights a week on business all through Florida. I must tell you the Intercontinental in Tampa is my favorite, and I always look forward to the arrival. Two simple reasons: 1) reception at front desk by the most courteous, helpful, and upbeat staff; 2) Updated, clean and convenient location close to it all. I can promise, wheather business or pleasure, you will find the Intercontinental a treasure. I cant wait to get back just thinking about it, especially seeing those fun helpful ladies at the front desk, Kathryn and Andrea.

Room Tip: Front desk is key.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Bowie, Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

I arrived in Tampa Florida on July 26th 2013 @2:00am. After a horrible plane ride I was ready to get to the hotel that I paid for which was the Holiday Inn & Suites near Busch Gardens Tampa (Hotel provided by the package I purchased through Busch Gardens.com). After a few hours in that FILTHY, OLD, MOLDY hotel I decided I needed to leave immediately. I could not spend MY ENTIRE vacation there.

I QUICKLY made another reservation the next morning for the InterContinental Hotel. I arrived on July 27th 2013. I was given clear directions from the valet attendant for the FREE PARKING PROVIDED around the corner. When I walked into the hotel I was greeted by Yesenia Moreno ("Yessy" on her name tag). Not only was she extremely polite, she was friendly during my entire check-in and check-out process.

Since this was my first time in Tampa I asked Yessy what things my brother and I could do to make this a great experience. Yessy went above and beyond by printing out directions to Siesta Key Beach for me and sliding them underneath my room door. All of this within the first 30 minutes of me checking into the hotel. AMAZING SERVICE!

The condition of my room was IMMACULATE and I was very pleased. While we were there I also enjoyed Shula's Restaurant for breakfast! Which was YUMMMYYY!!! The service was great and I made sure to leave my servers a tip.

I am very big on customer service and cleanliness. Yessy and the staff at the Intercontinental Hotel quickly turned my trip from hell into an AMAZING experience. As long as I visit Tampa I will continue to stay at this hotel.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We had a terrific stay at the Intercontinental Tampa. Great location and close to the airport. The room was clean and comfortable and the staff was attentive to our needs. We love the Illy Café in the lobby and Shula's Steak House is the right place for dinner. Across the street is the Westshore Mall offering a number of restaurants, stores and an AMC Cinema.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

Business meetings all weekend. Good proximity to the airport. Very nice Rooms, well maintained. Hotel restaurant, 'Shula's' is excellent with great service. Pool up on top is a little short for lap swimming. Fitness room is clean and the equipment is good.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Altamonte Springs, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

A clean, comfortable room with an amazingly comfortable bed. Bay view was partially obstructed by building, but was pretty anyway. Nice that it had a parking garage that you could put your car in the shade. Well appointed room and friendly staff. Advised staff of maintenance issues that were not overall detractors of visit and was given chocolates. The only real problem with the place is temporary. All day long there was jackhammer noise from renovations that are ongoing

Room Tip: Might want a room on the east side away from the bay, as the afternoon sun made the room warm.
Green Features: Was impressed that there were recycle bins and glasses instead of disposable cups.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Davie, Florida, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

We booked 1 night at this "4 star hotel", InterContinental Hotel Tampa. When we arrived, we noticed that there was a large portion of the place blocked off due to construction. Not really a big deal, but it was quite an eye sore. I checked in and the woman at the front desk was nice and friendly. That was the only enjoyable part of our whole stay.

We used the self parking because the valet is $18/night. The valet will put your car in the exact same garage as the self parking and it's connected to the hotel. Don't waste your money on valeting for $18 when you can easily park the car yourself. It isn't even a far walk.

When we got to our room, we were completely shocked to see how TINY it was. This was due to the fact that the room was on the very end of the hotel. The shape of the hotel meant that the room was literally "cut in half" diagonally with a large window that spanned the entire length of the room. It was VERY SMALL and uncomfortable. I can't stress this enough. I opened the curtains, expecting some GRAND VIEW out the large window and was disappointed when I found that the parking garage was all I could see.

I called the front desk to let them know I was unhappy with the room and asked if there was anything they could do for me. I was told that I had booked a "last availability" room type and they were fully booked. When I said "So I got the VERY last room in the entire hotel?" she dodged the question and repeated what she just said.

They did NOTHING for us and we left very unhappy.

Room Tip: Avoid room 508 if you're claustrophobic.
Green Features: Didn't notice any environmentally-friendly practices at all. They waste paper by giving out cards that say to leave a review on TripAdvisor.com.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
Dear Philip D,

Thank you for taking the time to convey your comments regarding your recent experience with us. We appreciate you taking time to help us continually improve our guests services.

I apologize for you did not find your room to your liking and if our parking services has negatively affected your overall experience with us. We deeply regret the inconvenience and dissatisfaction these aspects have caused you.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Been to InterContinental Hotel Tampa? Share your experiences!