“Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Hotel Tampa

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Hotel Tampa to your Saves list
InterContinental Hotel Tampa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4860 West Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Wyndham Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #50 of 159 hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Detroit, Michigan
“Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

Flew into Tampa for the weekend and we booked a hotel room blind, when we arrived we were greeted by Jordan who was extremely hospitable(wish I could say the same about William who seems to refuse to smile or engage in any conversation) and took great care of us. Jordan had even slipped us a complementary breakfast voucher under our door that night so we woke up to a nice surprise. The hotel overall is very accessible to the freeway and makes it very easy to get anywhere in Tampa. For a short stay or business this place is great if its more of a family visit or vacation this hotel probably wouldn't be the most accommodating the pool area is very small. A side from William at the front desk every staff member was extremely polite and always helpful weather it be on the phone or in person.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
JGaffney, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Mo,
Thank you for the nice comments regarding the hotel. I apologize that our team was not consistently as friendly as Jordan, but it is fantastic to hear he took such great care of your visit. He is a wonderful asset to the Hotel.
Thanks for staying with us.

795 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (204)
Coral Gables, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel many times - mostly great Priceline bidding results for this hotel, too. Visit this week was not up to the usual high standards. My room required a long wait for luke warm water. The restaurants - Shula's and the one in the lobby by the bar - were not having quite the usual excellent service. On a plus side, quickest check-in ever and room was very clean and quiet. A charge for internet wifi in the lobby is not usual for top hotels, but this one has it. Shula's is usually the best - great service and food. Salads exceptional, and the breakfast buffet normally has excellent food - not the simulated food at some - with tasteless fruit and berries etc. Somehow, Shula's normally gets first quality people to be waiters. Usually superb service. Had some nice conversations with them over the years, too.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for sharing your experiences with us; I am disappointed this stay was not up to typical high marks, but I am very pleased to see you have enjoyed your many visits and our great Shula’s restaurant. We will strive to do better the next time.
Hope to see you again soon!
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

Intercontinental Hotel AAA ++++ great hotel clean and good service. Perfect for placer and bussiness, I stayed for two nights and everything was great. Everything close mall, restaurant ,movie theater and more places to enjoy. Rodolfo front desk and Luis housekeeping make me feel like home thank you guys.

• Stayed January 2013
JGaffney, Manager at InterContinental Hotel Tampa, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
George,
Thank you for the wonderful review, we are so pleased you enjoyed it! I will pass your kind words onto Rodrigo and Luis.
FL Keys
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Everything related to this stay was perfect! The property itself is beautiful and well maintained but the real difference makers were the staff.

My wife and I were celebrating our anniversary so I arranged to have some flowers delivered and some amenities placed in our room in advance of our arrival. Tiffany, the concierge, was awesome! She is friendly, efficient and passionate about her work. Thank you Tiffany, for delivering everything I requested and more!

Erin, at the front desk checked us in upon our arrival and was also professional and efficient and provided answers to each of my questions about the area with a genuine friendliness and a smile! Her service was truly appreciated.

Although I don't have the names of the others who assisted us, the valet/bell staff was also welcoming and efficient as was the staff in Shula's restaurant. Also, the turn down service offered by the housekeeping staff was a nice touch. They too were always friendly and each time we returned to our room it was spotless. Our stay could not have been better and I thank the staff of the Intercontinental Tampa for making it so.

The next time I visit the Tampa area I would not even consider staying elsewhere

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Thanks for the wonderful review; we are delighted we could make your Anniversary special. I will certainly pass your kind words on to Tiffany, Erin and the rest of the team here. Hope to see you again next year!
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

I only stayed there for one night. Great atmosphere and wonderful service. I lost my charger and Will ( the front desk man) gave me his. Who does that! That really impressed me. He was so professional. This is a real review, Im glad I stayed here. The rooms are amazing. Ask for Will, he "will" give you the shirt off his back!!

Room Tip: book room off priceline express..you will save 50 percent!!
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Miramar, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

I had a package I was concerned about and Rosleyn from receiving took extra care to make sure I received it, I really appreciated that. Jim at the front desk was also excellent. The downstairs was very nice and so was the cigar shop. I would say the only thing missing from this place was a jaccuzzi. However, the roof-top pool area made up for that somewhat with a heated pool and the beautiful view.

Room Tip: They do not have free breakfast, or free in-room Wi-Fi.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Thank You for the kind words about Ros & Jim, they are great! I am glad to hear you enjoyed your visit, thanks for your comments.
Sarasota, FL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

We stayed one night here while in Tampa for NYE. The hotel was very busy with most of the crowd being Outback Bowl fans. Parking was free in the on-site garage. Check-in was busy, but handled fine by staff. Our room was a basic king room, it was a bit on the small side but comfortable. The bed was very comfy. Our room was next to the elevators, but had no problems with it being too noisy. One of the reasons we picked to stay here was Shula's steakhouse. We had an earlier dinner there, it was very good, but not excellent. They do have a nice Shula's/Lobby bar lounge area here. Plenty of good seating for big crowds.

Overall a fine choice for the area and would stay there again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental Hotel Tampa? Share your experiences!