“Amazing hotel for a great price!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of InterContinental Hotel Tampa

Save Saved
You added InterContinental Hotel Tampa to your Saves list
InterContinental Hotel Tampa
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4860 West Kennedy Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33609 (Formerly Wyndham Westshore)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #51 of 159 hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersBronze level
Columbus, Ohio
“Amazing hotel for a great price!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 9, 2011

Service was outstanding, room was emmaculate, had such a restful night sleep in the most comfortable hotel bed I've ever slept in, Loved the rooftop pool with terrific views of the city, hotel was in a central location to most everything that we wanted to see only 6 miles from downtown Tampa, Fl.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business

810 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (208)
Orlando, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2011

Geat hotel nice rooms clean decent looking . only thing its BORING ! pool is so small !!! i do not recomend this for couples or with kids. this hotel is more like for meetings and stuff

• Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Belleair, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

At $85 through Priceline, I thought I had a good value given the lowest posted rate of $189, but then I read some reviews on here, and admittedly, became a bit concerned. And not to diminish others' experiences, I will simply say that mine was mostly excellent.

It's a business hotel, so there's not much of a "personal" touch to speak of. But the room itself was superb. Great bed, shower, tv, and work desk. And the internet was wireless, free, and without problems during my 4-day stay.

Parking was in a free garage (shared with an adjacent office plaza), or valet, for $18.

The restaurant was an expensive Shula's steakhouse, so I would've preferred another option. With a car, though, this didn't present a problem, as I simply drove a few miles to Dale Mabry, where several options were present.

Also, I expected a bit more from the rooftop pool, as it was rather small, and not that attractive.

All in all, though, it was a great stay!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled solo
Miami, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2011

Me and my girlfriend got a good deal to stay here through SniqueAway. We've always stayed in cheaper, lower quality hotels near Busch Gardens and enjoyed it, although the accommodations were less than at other hotels. However with the deal we decided to give this place a shot. The location of the hotel isn't bad. It's located right across the street from a Mall (West Shore Plaza) with a bunch of restaurants to choose from. If looking for a restaurant to eat at I'd HIGHLY Recommend Maggiano's Little Italy restaurant and have the stuffed mushrooms, you'll thank me later! We didn't have dinner in Don Shula's or drinks at their "No Name Bar" but it seemed rather lively late at night. The self parking for the hotel is located around back, its a garage style and ANYONE can really park there regardless if your staying at the hotel. They don't give you any way to distinguish your vehicle from anyone else who might roll up in there, although I always felt safe leaving my car parked here. The concierge was very welcoming and very quick in checking you into your room. The room was marvelous. The bed was amazing, the bathroom as well. Many mirrors for my girlfriend to look at herself in. However our view was directed toward the INSIDE of the hotel and saw all the offices located across the way. A little inconvenient since these windows aren't tinted like those facing outside and ANYONE from the lobby floor or offices can see directly into your room if you leave the curtains open. Our room was the first one next to the elevators so as other reviews stated you hear them moving all day. This did not really bother us, although the noise is pretty audible, but didn't even affect our sleep whatsoever. (Did I mention how great the beds and pillows were?) Some reviews say the walls are thin and they might be right as we could hear when people passed by the front of our door although again it wasn't bothersome to us. The mini-bar is plenty stocked for your convenience although we didn't even bother. There is no microwave in the room either. The Wi-Fi worked perfect and was rather quick unlike some reviews here stated. We checked in late and saw the hotel offered Late-Night Room service at a decent price although we didn't try it. We ordered Dominoes which appears to stay open for Deliveries till about 1am. The pool area is located on the 9th floor and is rather bland but again, this is mainly a business hotel. The view at sunset however, is AMAZING! Don't miss it! Aside from the fact our view wasn't what we had hoped for, this hotel is perfect for people traveling through Tampa on business or if you can get a deal on the rooms. All and all I'd stay here again if given the chance.

Room Tip: Request:Far from Elevators. Outside View. High Flr
  • Stayed April 2011, traveled as a couple
Albany
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2011

I stayed at this hotel in early March after getting a really good deal on priceline. That stay was good enough that I again pricelined the same area hoping to end up at the Intercontinental again. This last stay was nowhere near as good. The room I ended up in just seemed rundown. The toothpaste was oddly missing as was the shampoo. When returning the room on the 2nd day, I was greeted with a leftover dirty rag that housekeeping forgot. Thanks. The water pressure really wasn't any good and the wireless internet was simply horrible, disconnecting me at least a dozen times over a few hours. It was ridiculous. It is not a terrible hotel but it seems to me that they're resting a little too much on what they think their reputation is and as a result thequality is not as good as it should be. If you get this hotel via priceline at a good price (less than $100), it's worth it. But anything over that and I would look elsewhere.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011

We were stuck in Tampa an extra night because of a flight delay, and thanks to a family member who is an employee of another hotel in the IC hotel group and Ashley at the front desk of this hotel, we were able to get a friends & family rate at the last minute. I am SO glad we ended up here! I loved this hotel. Front desk staff were great and efficient at check in. Rooms were very clean and decorated nicely and in a Florida-y/beach-y theme. The beds were super comfortable with nice linens and the bathrooms were spacious. Water pressure from the shower was great!

We took the shuttle service to and from the airport and it was extremely efficient and drivers were both very pleasant.

Wish we could have stayed another night, but when I go back to Tampa, I will definitely look at staying at the Intercontinental Tampa again!

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Ellicott City MD
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2011

Our room had bedbugs. I booked this hotel because of all the reviews about bedbugs in other hotels. Because of the quality of the hotel when my husband developed bites on his arm and I hadn't been bitten I didn't even think there was a chance that the room had bedbugs, maybe an alergy or a bite from something outside. By the time we arrived home he had 50+ bites on his body and major welts around each bite. If you've seen pictures from bedbugs on the net --- his was just as bad. We immediately started looking into the bites and he indeed was bitten by bed bugs. Some people are more allergic than others so his bites were obvious. I called the hotel and they asked if I was sure, questioning us and told me someone was currently in that room. Boy I pitty that guest. It sounded like because they hadn't complained yet, oh well.

We are now in the process of making sure we didn't bring them home. Because we weren't sure until we got home, the process takes a lot of work. We are currently working with a Pest Management company.

You would think that the housekeeping service would have uncovered the bugs before my husband was eaten alive. I am also responsible because I should have torn the place apart looking for some bug when the bites were noticed - just to confirm.

Be careful of hotels in Florida, I'm finding not just the cheap hotels have bedbugs - the nice ones do too.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to InterContinental Hotel Tampa? Share your experiences!