“Standard Courtyard, with very nice staff” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #35 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
home
“Standard Courtyard, with very nice staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2014

Those who routinely stay at Courtyards will recognize everything that is now familiar. The lobby, rooms, food, etc. What now separates the hotels is location, price and staff. That's where this hotel sets itself apart. Everyone from the time we checked in, to check out 2 days later was exceedingly friendly. The location is great for Busch Gardens, and easy access to major arteries. And finally, the price is quite reasonable. All home runs!

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, July 8, 2014

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Orlando, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2014

I selected this hotel with care, reading plenty of reviews. I paid my reservation in full on expedia, and was not asked for a credit card upon check-in. Usually hotels still take a credit for accidentals, and they'll ask you if it's ok to use the same card from the reservation. We went to our room and unpacked. I checked the beds, as I'm a slight germophobe with hotel beds. I quickly saw a few stains, and on our way out I politely asked if the sheets could be changed. When we came back several hours later, both of our key cards were deactivated. the night shift guy at the front desk was able to reactivate my cards. He was also helpful in explaining why I had a charge on my credit card, something I noticed on our way back to the hotel. The girl at check-in put a hold on my credit card without telling me, and it wasn't even the credit card I would have given her had she asked. After our cards were re-activated, we still needed the front desk to help us open our door which was jammed and needed a special "lift then turn" trick. All of this to get into our rooms which still had the same sheets.

We checked out a day early. They kept the money for the second night, it was non-refundable. I think for my experience they should've refunded my second day. Also, I'm still waiting for the hold that takes up to 5 business days to be lifted. They screwed up the way I was planning on paying for things while on vacation. Thanks for nothing.

Room Tip: We were on the bottom floor in front of the gym and conference room. The guests were pretty quiet, b...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for your review. We sincerly apologize for not collecting the correct credit card for incidentals and the issue with your sheets. We will make sure to review and retrain all assocaites so this does not happen to future guest. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future. Thank you again for for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North. We truly appreciate your business.
Sylacauga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

After a long drive from Alabama, we had to check in late at night. Griffin, the front-desk attendant, was extremely helpful in making sure that our accommodations suited our needs. He was pleasant and helpful in fulfilling all of our special requests. I couldn't have asked for any better service than Griffin provided!

• Stayed June 2014
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, July 3, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review we are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher was enjoyable. We will make sure to inform Griffin how happy you were with his customer service.

Cape Carteret, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2014

Everyone was very helpful. Christine at the front desk beyond the call of duty to make sure our requests were met. The room was nice but did have a moldy smell to it, which was taken care of quickly. The staff exceeded expectations. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, June 10, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to do a Tripadvisor review. We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher was enjoyable. We will inform Christine that you were very happy with her great cutomer service.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2014

I was in town doing a gig where the promoter booked me at this wonderful recently updated Courtyard. Great updated rooms, Bistro and outdoor pool. But what really makes this an especially wonderful Marriott property is the staff. My only complaint is with Marriott corporate. Time to update the Courtyard brand with better bedding. They need to start including down duvets in all of the Courtyard hotels. It really helps add to a much more comfortable sleep. It's the only thing I don't like about this brand. All in all enjoyed my stay here!

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business

Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

A very short stay, late check-in and early check-out. However the staff in the evening were very friendly and accomodating when I arrived, and breakfast staff in the cafe and front desk were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was good, same quality you find at all the updated courtyards.

The room was clean and at the level I expect from the Courtyard franchise. The only complaint I had was the inability to turn off the light out on the balcony. Not a huge deal, I would have just rather left the windows open for sunlight in the morning had I been able to turn the light off.

Room Tip: Always try to get a courtyard room vs an exterior facing room.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, May 30, 2014

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2014

We ran a planning session/small meeting for a team of 6. The hotel accommodated our needs extremely well. There is a nice workout facility and pool area; along with a great environment in the cafe/lobby. All in all, good value for money.

Room Tip: Nice pool area and great environment in the lobby/lounge area. Worth another stay and near restaura...
Green Features: They promoted this heavily in the rooms. There were options to waive out of washing bed linens and towels to save water.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete oa review We are delighted that your stay with the Courtyard Tampa North/I-75 Fletcher was enjoyable.Everything we do is aimed at providing you with an excellent hotel experience and your feedback is extremely valuable. We truly appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us so that we may continue to deliver exceptional service in the future.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!