“Great Hotel for overnight stay” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #34 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
Neptune, New Jersey
“Great Hotel for overnight stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2014

Stayed here last week for business - great hotel very clean and new lobby; needs better signs on the road or you miss the entrance. Staff was excellent and accommodating - down side AC didn't work that well and room was a bit uncomfortable. I would stay here again no questions asked

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
CourtyardTampaNorth, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, February 6, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and strive to ensure every guest leaves satisfied. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North. We truly appreciate your business.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 29, 2014

I've stayed at this Courtyard twice. The property is located near USF sort of in a business park. The property has been recently updated, the rooms are clean and very quiet. For this part of north Tampa it's a safe and convenient spot. One knock would be $$$ for a Courtyard the rates are quite high.

Room Tip: The rooms on the rear of the property are shaded by old growth oak trees, so if you get a balcony it...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be courteous and helpful. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and strive to ensure every guest leaves satisfied. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

This hotel was conveniently located off I-75 surrounded by Florida foilage. We stayed in a suite as it was just a few dollars more - well worth it! It was one of the largest I'd been in. The suite had an additional TV (one in separate bedroom), sitting area, an abundance of counter space, 2 small refridgerators and a microwave. It also had a nice, large patio overlooking a courtyard of beatiful trees. The room was completely spotless and I loved having a separate sink/prep area away from the bathroom and bedroom. Also, the bedroom faces the courtyard and so no noice in the hallway to wake you.

The person checking us in was as friendly as they come - I was very impressed with her level of service she afforded us. Another impressive staff member was Michael in the Bistro. He was very accommodating and instead of having dinner out, because of the comfort of the dining room (the best Bistro I've seen - and I've seen many as a Marriott Rewards Elite Member) we ate in. The wine was expensive ($32 a bottle) but the food was ample and inexpensive (great Turkey Rueben!!)

I still gave this an Excellent rating even though I felt there should be free coffee in the a.m. in the lobby. I realize they have Starbucks but they should have complementary coffee as other Courtyards I'd stayed. Also, the Bistro doesn't open until 7 on Sunday and although the girl was reluctant to sell a cup 35 minutes early, she did (thankfully). BUT they wouldn't provide a refill when we came back at 7 (give me a break - this is a Bistro not a Starbucks). Marriott should (at least) give Rewards members a cup of coffee (geez)

Room Tip: Suite facing the courtyard.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, January 14, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be courteous and helpful. We will go over your review in our next daily huddle and will make sure to let Michael now how pleased you were with his service. In regards to complementary coffe. When Courtyard Marriott's switch to the new Bistro concept they did away with offereing comp coffee in the lobby. As of January 1st 2014 no Courtyards should be offering complementary coffee in the lobby. I apologize for this inconveince. If you stay at the Courtyard Marriott Tampa North in the future I would be happy to accomodate you with a complementary Starbucks coffee. We appreciate your business and thank you for choosing Courtyard Marriott Tampa North during your trip to Tampa.
Brampton, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

Hello I will like to share my experience with everyone at this hotel. We were there from Dec.21st to Dec.28th 2013. The room was nice and clean ,the hotel lobby was very well kept and the staff members were great. I will like to also add that Betty was a very nice and helpful. I will also like to say that Wanda was the best she was a very big help to us as well and she does a super job cleaning the whole building I wish her all the best and next time we visit looking forward to seeing her and getting some ALLIGATOR TAIL. We will always remember you Wanda from the three of us here in Canada...From room 205....

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardTampaNorth, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and Betty's great customer service. We will make sure to recognize Betty and the rest of the staff during our next daily huddle. Thank you for choosing Courtyard Marriott Tampa North and we appreciate your business.
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed here for a few days on business, nice, clean, and new. Night clerk was asleep when I checked out at 5am, had drinks for the bar in my room tab that weren't mine. Nice pool, not much to choose from for food nearby and the food at the hotel lacks.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, December 13, 2013
Thank you for your review. We are happy to hear you were satisfied with your stay. I do apologize for the billing mistake and I hope we were able to adjust the charges off your bill. We look forward to having you as our guest in the future. Thank you again for for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North. We truly appreciate your business.
Florence, South Carolina
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013

We just stayed here on our visit to Busch gardens, the Yuengling Beer brewery and beach. The hotel itself was not bad. The lobby and the area all around it was all redone. Our room was the typical courtyard setup, which we like. We only had a few issues. The ice maker on our floor was not working so we had to go downstairs to fill our ice bucket and one evening I found a roach running around the bathroom sink. My husband killed it and I reported it to the manager the next morning. He sent the exterminator to our room that day to spray around the sink area. The location of this hotel is good because it is right next to a Wendy's and a Dunking donuts and both can be walked to as they pretty much share the same parking area. They do have a bistro in the hotel and lots of restaurants are close by

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
We appreciate your feedback and are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be courteous and helpful. We will let the staff now how pleased you were with their service and friendly demeanor. I sincerly apologize for the two issues you have and we've already addressed them. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and strive to ensure every guest leaves satisfied. Thank you for choosing the Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North. We truly appreciate your business.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

This Courtyard is nice. The rooms were clean and updated. The bathrooms were also new and nice. A little far for a visit to USF- because of traffic not distance. The rooms have two double beds not two queen beds - difficult for adults to share. The room rate was VERY good for a nice hotel with a friendly staff.

Stayed November 2013
CourtyardTampaNorth, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, November 29, 2013

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!