“Fit our needs, convenient location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Free Parking
Ranked #32 of 159 hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
“Fit our needs, convenient location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2013

We just stayed at this hotel this last weekend, and it was exactly what we needed. I had already looked online to make sure that the hotel was going to be near the University of South Florida (our main purpose in going to Tampa for the weekend), and Busch Gardens. The view was not the best, but again, I did not chose this hotel for the view.

Upon entering the hotel, Miss Betty took very good care of us. She was very warm, friendly, and inviting. The rest of the front desk staff I would label as ok. The bistro was ok as well. I misunderstood and thought that there was a complimentary little breakfast bar but as another rater mentioned, we were mere steps away from a Dunkin Donuts, which we enjoy. We did utilize the bistro and found it to be a nice touch, although a bit pricey. Still, it was convenient when we were tired on both evenings from walking all over the college campus and walking all over Busch Gardens.

If we are ever out in the area again, we would not hesitate and stay here again. The location is only minutes away from everything you would want to see and do.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, August 2, 2013
We appreciate your feedback and was glad to hear that you selected our property due to how close we are to USF and Busch Gardens. I'm also very happy to hear that you were very pleased with Miss. Betty's customer service. I will make sure to let Betty know how pleased you were with her service. Sorry there was confusion on complimentary breakfast. I will discuss with my staff to make sure they mention hours of operation and menu pricing. Future reference we do have some rates that have breakfast included. Thank you for choosng the Courtyard Marriott Tampa North. We wppreciate your business.

119 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
New Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

Recently returned from a 6 night stay at the Courtyard. I booked it mainly because of location and it said it was recently remodeled, and it was. Beautiful pool area. Very hard to get into the parking lot because of the way it is layed out. However, the most disappointing thing for us was no coverage at the front desk lots of times, no answering the phone at the front desk, no cleanup of the glasses from beverages, no towels sometimes, even though the room was straightened out; and the noises from their vacuuming, etc. was awful. I would have to say there was no professional staff there at all and they need a good course in Tourism & Hospitality.

Room Tip: They put us with a view out over the rooftop - cannot offer suggestions here.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
CYGeneralManager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Dear Guest,

I apologize that we did not meet your expectations during your stay with us at the Courtyard Tampa North. We always stive to be the best in hospitality and professionalism. I am not sure why you could not find any assistance at our front desk or management as we are on dury 24/7 every day. I will address this with my leadership team to make sure that someone is always visible to any guest at all times. I appreciate your feedback and do hope that you will give us the opportunity to host you again as our guest.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Recently renovated; great job done. Only downside no courtesy shuttle to Busch Gardens. Also bistro items not that great. However made up for it with their promotional packages. Thanks for a great stay. ;)

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback...I am happy that you found our staff friendly and the hotel clean. We appreciate your comments and I will certainly share them with my associates. We all hope that you will stay with us again should your travels bring you back to the Tampa area.
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I have Nothing but great things to say about my stay, Great Customer Service,
A very nice Lady By the name of Mrs. Betty that was working at the front Counter, She had a very good Attitude, Just excellent! The rooms were just so Clean, While looking for Hotel rooms, I was worried about Bed Bugs. Once Mrs Betty finished telling us about The Courtyard. My fear of Bed Bugs was gone. The Location made me feel very safe! I can hardly wait until my next stay!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
CYGeneralManager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. We are happy that you found your accomodations clean and the staff accomodating. I will be sure to share your comments with Ms. Betty and the other associates. We look forward to your return as our guest at the Tampa North Courtyard.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

Friendly staff, comfy beds, spacious clean rooms, great burger and super convenient to Busch Gardens. Two huge added bonuses - walking distance to Dunkin Donuts and a bar downstairs ;) ... Much needed after a day walking around the park. Would highly recommend if you and your family are looking for somewhere to stay near BG.

• Stayed May 2013
CYGeneralManager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, May 14, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We are all glad to hear that your stay with us was enjoyable and convenient to Busch Gardens. We look forward to your return and hosting you and your guests on your next trip to Tampa.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013 via mobile

if you need a place to stay close to USF this might be the place for you! it offers a small pool, but no hot tub. I enjoyed the fitness center although small, it had new equipment and I could watch a personal tv while biking!!! They do not have complementary coffee in lobby bur they offer a bistro where you can purchase food, coffee and alcohol drinks!!! loved those in-hotel services and the bistro employees were great. i did love being able to watch a personal tv in bistro sitting area while I enjoyed my dinner and dessert!!! the room was spacious but the double beds were full size and not queens . There was no hairdryer in room but I did not ask if one was available . Overall hotel was very good

• Stayed May 2013
CYGeneralManager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, May 10, 2013
Dear Guest,

I am happy to hear that you found value in our location and that you liked our new Bistro offering food and drinks. We do furnish hairdryers in all our guest rooms and they should be located in the closet on the top shelf. I do apologize if you did not have one. Thank you for your feedback and we hope to host you as our guest again should you return to the Tampa area.
West Palm Beach, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

The staff was very nice. My room was excellent and there was an obvious level of ownership amongst the hotel team. The first impression was fantastic as the front desk staff worked to ensure I receive a king size bed. Ms. Betty(?) from Pelham, Ga worked quickly and pleasantly to indulge my request. Later another front desk staff person worked with me to ensure I ate at a place that met my special dietary needs by making sure I had the right directions both in paper form (printed out) and her own personal diection. That was great!!

I had a wonderful stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

We appreciate your feedback and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be courteous and helpful. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and strive to ensure every guest leaves satisfied. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!