“Nice and quiet” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
East Brunswick, New Jersey
“Nice and quiet”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2012

Stayed at The Courtyard as a last minute reservation when we could not get a room at checkin at another property...
The checkin process was very smooth. The room was in perfect condition. This property has a nice bar / lounge area where they also serve breakfast in the morning
It was super quiet and slept very well
Outlets by the beds make it convenient to recharge devices while next to you
You can walk to Wendy's or Dunkin Donuts next door
The WiFi speed was very good
Would stay there again

• Stayed October 2012
CourtyardTampaNorth, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be courteous and helpful. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and strive to ensure every guest leaves satisfied. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Raleigh, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 7, 2012

We were very pleased with the Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North. We stayed there this Summer (2012) and really enjoyed it a lot. Very friendly workers, a great lobby, clean, updated, beautiful view of the pool from the lounge beyond the entrance. Everyone had a smile and in the lobby they would have fresh baked warm cookies for you, coffee and tea at all times, and their little convenience store that should have been overpriced was not! I'd be happy to pay $1 for a toothbrush if I forgot one! The pool and jaccuzzi were great! Beautiful courtyard feel, and very clean! Gorgeous! Our room was very clean, and updated. We had the King suite and although it was a nice room, it was a big small for us. We did just fine in it, and later noticed that we had a smaller room because we had the LARGER balcony. If we would have known that, we'd have opted for a larger room. My OCD was very pleased with how CLEAN it was. I cleaned the tub myself before using it, and could not find a single smudge of filth. VERY nice. Our bed was clean, and comfy. A microwave would have been nice, although they don't have those. We didn't really use our balcony, though it was big and had a couple of chairs and a table out there because there was dead hornets and live spiders everywhere. This is a quiet location, no craziness around, great family or work location. We were 5 minutes away from Busch Gardens and Adventure Island- which were AMAZING. SEVERAL things surround you at this hotel as well. There is a Wendy's right next door which we walked to one day, the kids were amazed because you walk past several trees with spanish moss hanging- very tropical, and there were tiny frogs jumping everywhere- even on the glass of Wendy's. Neat!
Overall we were impressed and would be happy to stay there again.

Room Tip: If you have a balcony, ask to see the room configs. If you look at the front of the hotel, you can s...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CYGeneralManager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, September 11, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review regarding your stay at the Courtyard Tampa North. I am pleased that you found the accomodations clean and the location convenient. I will be sure to share your comments with my staff. I would also like you to know that we have looked into and addressed the issue that you encountered with your guest room balcony. Also we will be renovating the property starting in November which will include all the guest rooms and publice areas which will include the addition of The Bistro. We are all excited about the new changes coming! We all look forward to having you back with us should your travels bring you back to the Tampa area.

Best Regards
North Miami, Florida, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I graduated from USF a few years ago and now my brother is attending the school, so I'm up in Tampa a lot visiting him and other friends from college. I've stayed at a few hotels in the area, but the Courtyard is the first one that I'm really looking forward to staying at again.

It's in a very pretty, relaxed, and quiet location in Temple Terrace. It is conveniently located to I-75, and isn't too far from 275. There is a Starbucks, Wendy's, Lenny's Subs, Dunkin Donuts, and a Shell gas station within walking distance.

My room did not have a refrigerator, so check with the front desk about the room you are placed in. I was in 106 which was a very convenient location. I had a sliding glass door right out to the parking lot, so it was easy for my to unpack and pack up my car.

The pool and gym are small, but very nice and typical of this size of hotel. There is also a laundry facility and breakfast in the morning. Breakfast is not always included. I thought it was, but you need a voucher for it.

I really liked the rooms here and it was in a great location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
Jupiter, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We brought our son to USF for the fall semester so we chose what we thought would be the best hotel near the university. Thinking that the Marriott name would hold true to its reputation, we found it disappointing. The pull out bed our son had to sleep on was filthy, squeaky, and terribly uncomfortable. The closet had a soured smell which made me leery to even pull out the linens for his pull out. The walls were marked up- scuffs and perhaps mildew in the vanity area. The bathroom trash can was not emptied and floor was sticky. When we go up for family weekend next month, we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CYGeneralManager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you feedback regarding your stay with us at the Courtyard Tampa North. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that was experienced during your stay. I will be sure to share this information with our housekeeping department and address the concerns you expressed in your posting. We pride ourselves on providing superior service and clean rooms and greatly appreciate your feedback. I am happy to let you know that we will begin a major renovation in November that will cover all the guest rooms and public areas. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again when you return to the Tampa area. Again, thank you.

Best regards.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Nice, quiet location. Very clean. Pool is very small but big enough for our kiddos to cool off. 5 min. to Busch Gardens/Adv. Island. Close to shopping and restaurants. The room had a refrig, a microwave would have been great. Basic amenities, laundry and a workout room. Small area to purchase snacks. A bonus would be breakfast included. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CYGeneralManager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am happy to see that our convenient location to local attractions, shopping and restaurants made your stay a pleasant one. I am also happy to hear that our staff met your expectations. I thank you for your feedback and again, thank you for your business. If you are in the area again we hope that you will choose the Courtyard Tampa North for your accomodations.

Regards,

Tim Goza
cy.tpacy.gm@marriott.com
Pembroke Pines, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stopped here with the family on our way through Tampa heading out of Florida on a road trip. Older hotel, still nice for the money and rooms are comfortable. In a very quiet neighborhood and the staff was ok.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad to see that our location was convenient for you and your family while traveling through Florida. I am also pleased to let you know that we will be renovating the property starting in November and hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip. Your business is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Tim Goza
cy.tpacy.gm@marriott.com
West Wilts, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

We are currently on our honeymoon, and stopped off here on our way around Florida by car. The hotel is everything mentioned above; the rooms are clean and quiet with comfortable beds, the fitness centre and pool welcome extras, and the staff friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed June 2012

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!