“Quiet and Clean- Overall Good Value” 4 of 5 stars

Free Parking
Ranked #29 of 158 hotels in Tampa
GreenLeadersSilver level
North Miami, Florida, United States
“Quiet and Clean- Overall Good Value”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2012

I graduated from USF a few years ago and now my brother is attending the school, so I'm up in Tampa a lot visiting him and other friends from college. I've stayed at a few hotels in the area, but the Courtyard is the first one that I'm really looking forward to staying at again.

It's in a very pretty, relaxed, and quiet location in Temple Terrace. It is conveniently located to I-75, and isn't too far from 275. There is a Starbucks, Wendy's, Lenny's Subs, Dunkin Donuts, and a Shell gas station within walking distance.

My room did not have a refrigerator, so check with the front desk about the room you are placed in. I was in 106 which was a very convenient location. I had a sliding glass door right out to the parking lot, so it was easy for my to unpack and pack up my car.

The pool and gym are small, but very nice and typical of this size of hotel. There is also a laundry facility and breakfast in the morning. Breakfast is not always included. I thought it was, but you need a voucher for it.

I really liked the rooms here and it was in a great location.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
CourtyardTampaNorth, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
We appreciate your feedback and happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found our staff to be courteous and helpful. We pride ourselves on guest satisfaction and strive to ensure every guest leaves satisfied. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again.

104 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Jupiter, Florida
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2012

We brought our son to USF for the fall semester so we chose what we thought would be the best hotel near the university. Thinking that the Marriott name would hold true to its reputation, we found it disappointing. The pull out bed our son had to sleep on was filthy, squeaky, and terribly uncomfortable. The closet had a soured smell which made me leery to even pull out the linens for his pull out. The walls were marked up- scuffs and perhaps mildew in the vanity area. The bathroom trash can was not emptied and floor was sticky. When we go up for family weekend next month, we will not be staying there again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
CYGeneralManager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, August 28, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for you feedback regarding your stay with us at the Courtyard Tampa North. I would like to apologize for any inconvenience that was experienced during your stay. I will be sure to share this information with our housekeeping department and address the concerns you expressed in your posting. We pride ourselves on providing superior service and clean rooms and greatly appreciate your feedback. I am happy to let you know that we will begin a major renovation in November that will cover all the guest rooms and public areas. I do hope that you will give us the opportunity to serve you again when you return to the Tampa area. Again, thank you.

Best regards.
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 11, 2012

Nice, quiet location. Very clean. Pool is very small but big enough for our kiddos to cool off. 5 min. to Busch Gardens/Adv. Island. Close to shopping and restaurants. The room had a refrig, a microwave would have been great. Basic amenities, laundry and a workout room. Small area to purchase snacks. A bonus would be breakfast included. The staff was very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CYGeneralManager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, July 31, 2012
Dear Guest,

I am happy to see that our convenient location to local attractions, shopping and restaurants made your stay a pleasant one. I am also happy to hear that our staff met your expectations. I thank you for your feedback and again, thank you for your business. If you are in the area again we hope that you will choose the Courtyard Tampa North for your accomodations.

Regards,

cy.tpacy.gm@marriott.com
Pembroke Pines, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2012

Stopped here with the family on our way through Tampa heading out of Florida on a road trip. Older hotel, still nice for the money and rooms are comfortable. In a very quiet neighborhood and the staff was ok.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of our hotel. I am glad to see that our location was convenient for you and your family while traveling through Florida. I am also pleased to let you know that we will be renovating the property starting in November and hope that you will stay with us again on your next trip. Your business is greatly appreciated.

Regards,

cy.tpacy.gm@marriott.com
West Wilts, UK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012 via mobile

We are currently on our honeymoon, and stopped off here on our way around Florida by car. The hotel is everything mentioned above; the rooms are clean and quiet with comfortable beds, the fitness centre and pool welcome extras, and the staff friendly and welcoming.

• Stayed June 2012
CourtyardTampaNorth, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, January 31, 2014
floRida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2012

Husband was in a bind and stuck in Tampa overnight. Steve at the front desk was a life saver and provided amazing customer service. Wish every hotel had a Steve at the front desk. Can't thank him enough. In addition was a nice hotel with comfortable beds and up to the Courtyard brand standards. Close to Busch Gardens which is a great theme park for roller coaster enthusiasts and families alike.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
USA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 21, 2012

For those who travel to Courtyard hotels frequently, you know exactly what to expect from the moment you walk into the lobby. This Courtyard is no exception... a standard business hotel with friendly service and clean rooms.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
CYGeneralManager, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher, responded to this review, April 23, 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review. Your business is much appreciated and we do value your feedback. I will be sure to share them with the hotel associates. Should your travels bring you back to the Tampa area we hope that you will choose us again.

Best regards,

Courtyard Tamp North

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Tampa North / I-75 Fletcher? Share your experiences!