“Fabulous service. Pleasantly surprised!” 5 of 5 stars

Double Your Points
Ranked #43 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Minnesota
“Fabulous service. Pleasantly surprised!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2010

I was really amazed at how attentive the service is at this budget-priced business hotel. The staff actually gave me a tour when I arrived...first time that's happened in quite some time! The room was spacious. Loved the flat screen and sitting area. Bathroom was adequate. I liked the old-fashioned heater/air conditioning unit because of the constant noise at night...helps me sleep better. I'm a bagel/yogurt breakfast eater, so I thought the free breakfast was great. All throughout, the front desk people were outstanding. They also gave me a great recommendation for Mexican food for dinner...Miguel's on Kennedy. Even though I had a car, they offered to drive me in the shuttle...awesome! I'd stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, December 8, 2010
Thank you very much for your great comments! It is always a pleasure to read a review from our valued guests who enjoyed our service and amenities. We realize here at the Hyatt Place Tampa Airport hotel that we are here because of you and for you. Our job is to make your experience the best and to provide you with "fabulous service". Thank you for recognizing this and for being our guest. We truly hope to welcome you back very soon! We have also just added free weights and a resistance bench for an extra added benefit to compliment our new cardiovascular fitness mahcines while you are away from home.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2010

I put together a last minute trip to Clearwater Beach, but with a late flight into Tampa, decided to book an airport hotel for my first night. I couldn't have been more amazed by my room and the great staff. From the airport shuttle driver, who offered a chilled bottled water for parched travelers, to the registration desk gentleman who offered me a quick orientation of the first floor facilities (business center, fitness room and pool) to the front desk people the next morning, they all exceeded my expectations.
My room was spotless and well furnished, as the photos here reflect -- a king bed separated by a partial wall, sectional sofa w/ pull-out sleeper, desk, fridge and microwave. My mini-vacation was off to a perfect, relaxing start here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled solo
We wish you could have stayed longer too! Thank you for your kind comments and for being our guest! We hope the rest of your vacation was relaxing and safe. Our staff truly enjoys what they do and want your satisfaction to be our accomplishment. Our Hyatt Place brand standard is to offer each guest a tour of the lobby and facility so that you will know where you are staying and how much fun you can have while you are here. Of course, staying in the room and enjoying the 42 inch flat panel, high definition television we have in every room is not a bad choice either! We are so happy that the hotel room "matched the pictures" on this website as we realize that is not always the case and we greatly appreciate your business. We hope to see you again soon!
Miami, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2010

I had to schedule a last minute trip to Tampa. I did a search for hotels near the place I would be conducting business. The Hyatt had a good price, free breakfast and free wifi.

Good: When I mad my reservation the agent was very friendly and helpful. When I arrived the staff was super friendly and helpful. When I left the staff was super friendly and helpful.

Bad: Old furniture/decor. Missing knobs on fixtures etc... For example, I couldn't un-stop my sink because the knob was missing. I had to lift the stopper with a paper clip. Breakfast bar had old looking and tasting fruit (I had to ask myself "are you that hungry?). First 2 dishes I grabbed were dirty. Coffee dispensers were dirty and not wiped down. Area where you return dishes was dirty. Anyone of these was no big deal but when added up they reflect poorly on the whole.

Overall: Nice folks but they need to update , maintain and clean. As I was writing this the manager, Mike, called me because I voiced these concerns to the front desk clerk. He was extremely concerned and wanted to thank me for my comments. He was genuinely concerned. I think he will take action. Based on the fact that he called, I may give them another opportunity in the future.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Hello! It was a pleasure speaking with you about this specific stay and as you mentioned, we did "take action"!. I inspected the room myself that day with our chief engineer and we corrected the issues you had mentioned in this review. We should have caught this missing knob during our inspections before your arrival and I apologize for this missed opportunity. We strive to offer the best complimentary breakfast in the city of Tampa and we have worked hard to get this reputation. Thank you for talking directly with me about your stay. We were so happy to hear the service was "super friendly". We believe it is all in the details and thank you for making us better! I do hope we will see you again soon!
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2010

I've stayed at a few other Hyatt Place hotels and I usually stick to Hampton Inn. After finding the Westshore Hampton Inn to be a bit dumpy, I tried out the Westshore Hyatt Place. Yes -- the rooms and lobby are differently designed with a modern traveler in mind, but the rest of the hotel was sort of in-between. Elevators made odd noises and the hallways were sort of dark and almost dingy. Walking to my room, I could always hear the goings-on in each room and it seemed like my floor was being used as a boarding house. The clientele seemed out of place for this type of hotel and each day, I was greeted by a different wierdo meandering about the lobby/hotel grounds. The staff were pleasant, but I am going to stick to other offerings in the Tampa area from now on.

Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
chicago il
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2010

The place is clean, beds and bedding are comfortable. Spacious and comfortable. Their breakfast is pure carbs though, no protein at all, much lack compare to Hilton and Holiday Inn. (Just so it happened that I have a kid on wheat/dairy free diet, not much help at their breakfast bar.) Also their airport shuttle starts at 6am, too late for many guests. I think they really should start at 5am. However, we paid around $45 a night, so it is great value considering that.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2010

I booked this hotel through Priceline. I got a great deal on a great hotel. The rooms were very big, and they offered the basics in the room, comfortable beds, refrigerator, kitchen sink, a nice 42in lcd tv. I was in a room with 2 doubles. The bathroom sink was outside in the bedroom area, which I was not fond of, but it wasn't terrible. The bathrooms were well kept.

I stayed at the hotel for 4 nights, and the breakfast was ok. They offered coffee, cereal, toast, yogurt. It was decent, I got down there a couple of minutes late, but the staff was very helpful in putting together something for me to eat. This leads me to my next item, the service.

The service was unbelievable. The staff at the front desk was truly spectacular. The staff was so friendly, and it really made the experience something special. They were helpful in locating things to do in the local area, and the staff made sure that all of my expectations were met. The greatest service feature the hotel offered was the free shuttle. Once I landed, the shuttle arrived within 10 minutes. The shuttle runs to a "schedule" however I found them to be very willing to take me within a 2 mile radius, to many locations at any time. Whenever I needed to get to the mall, or Legends Field, or any of the other places, they were fast to pick up and drop off, at the front of the locations. This made it easy to move around Tampa, especially without a car.

I definitely recommend people to check this hotel out, as it offers a great deal of service, great rooms, and the price I booked for was amazing.

Will definitely return to this location when I come to Tampa again.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled solo
Michigan
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2010

Perhaps it's because we booked through Hotwire that they put us in room 604. Maybe that's the one they reserve for those who book through 3rd parties. It was big, nicely furnished, but really, really smelly. At first we thought it was just a bit rank due to humidity and the air system not being on. No. It was the distinct smell of urine. And the smell became worse and worse as the night went on. By then we were too tired and settled in to request a new room.

The next morning, we attempted to eat the free breakfast that was advertised lasting till 10am. We went down at 8 only to discover everything had been or was in the process of being removed. They even took away the bowls so the kids couldn't have cereal. A half-dozen mini muffins was all that remained.

Overall, a bad stay. Thankfully it was only one short night on our way to the beach for a vacation.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore? Share your experiences!