“Nice hotel for a few nights in Tampa” 4 of 5 stars

Announcement
Join Hyatt Gold Passport®
Ranked #49 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Winnipeg, Canada
“Nice hotel for a few nights in Tampa”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2014

We stayed in tampa last week and had a great stay at the Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore.
Rooms were nice, with a good size desk area. The bathroom sink is outside of the bathroom... Which makes it so much easier when getting a family of 4 ready faster in the morning!

Staff were very warm and friendly and very professional.

The breakfast was included and was delicious! Best to try and get there early, in order to get a table! We didn't get to enjoy the pool as the time we returned from our days adventures we were just too tired! But it looked nice as we walked past it in our zombie-like exhausted state ready to get into bed!

There is an Olive Garden just across the parking lot, which was also very convenient!

Would stay here again if we return to Tampa for sure.

Room Tip: Rooms are pretty cool as the AC was running quite good... Rooms with the sleeper sofas were nice a...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Sebastian, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2014

I stayed here last Thursday for a business trip. I had seen some varying reviews. I'm a hyatt diamond level and have stayed at several hyatt and hyatt places over past two weeks. This was as fine as the others. The staff greeted my upon arrival, checked me in and was very friendly and helpful. The room was typical of a hyatt place and clean and we looming. Everything functioned and was in good condition. Ac was working well and shower and bathroom were fine.
There are many new restaurants basically in front of hotel so one can walk and have various selections for dining,all brand new.
The staff was excellent. I met the new gm and the sales person who were very friendly and engaging and were happy to hear my feedback. The breakfast was great and everyone was working and keeping items stocked and clean.
If anyone ever has any issues, please make sure the staff and gm knows so they can address it. Many people write negative comments ( not just here but in general)without trying to get a resolution . The hyatt staff especially puts the guest first and will make things right when needed.
I will stay here for sure on my future trips and look forward to seeing the staff again.

Room Tip: Any rooms are fine. Best tv's in the hospitality industry.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014 via mobile

We are Hyatt Platinum members and this is by far our worse Hyatt experience ever. The bathroom is absolutely disgusting, with a dirty 1980's tub surround. The walls have smudge marks all over them. Couch is dirty with soil marks. If this is what Hyatt is becoming they will be losing loyal customers like us.

• Stayed July 2014
Forsyth, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

On our honeymoon, we stayed here the night before our cruise. We checked in with a rude gentleman at the front desk. When we asked to sign up for their shuttle service, he let out a huge sigh and begrudgingly signed up.

Once in our room, we had a few gifts awaiting us sent by my husband's parents, such as a fruit tray and drink coupons. We went downstairs at 11:45 pm to redeem them, but the same man said they stopped serving at midnight. We informed him of the time and showed him our coupons, and he still said no. He said try for coffee in the morning. We decided to go to bed.

Back in the room, we began to be overwhelmed by the smell of marajuana. Obviously, someone was smoking it in this NONsmoking facility. Out in the hall, the smell was worse. It was coming from the room right across from us! I called downstairs to report this as it is not only a violation of their smoking policy but of the law itself. The man again let out a sigh and informed me that he could CHARGE some of the aerosol deodorant they sold to customers who forgot to pack it TO OUR HOTEL BILL and he could come spray it, "I guess," he said as if I was a terrible inconvenience for not wanting to smell some pot! He did not offer to change our room or anything, but wanted this to cost US! I hung up, and we just dealt with it, thinking we will be out of here and on our cruise in the morning.

The next morning, we awoke to the smell again! Apparently, out neighbor needed another fix. Now, I understand this is a non smoking facility, and I am a smoker. When I wanted a cigarette, I walked outside and to the far end of the parking lot because I respect the rules! I also appreciate a non smoking facility because, despite the fact that I smoke, I do not want to smell it constantly while inside. But this guy didn't care at all, and neither did management.

When we checked out, management was not even helpful. I told them about our experience and what the staff member had done (nothing!), and that we were furious to have not even been offered another room. She didn't seem to care. We told me , "okay, we'll thank you." Ok? OK?!?! No ma'am, this was not okay. This was the beginning of our honeymoon and even if it wasn't, no one deserves to be treated that way!

Oh, and the coffee machine was broken. So we never got our complimentary drinks, and they didn't offer anything else. My in-laws paid for that, and they were "useless," as I was told.

If you want to be treated nicely, with respect, care, and concern, I advise you stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: Rooms on the sixth floor are prone to marajuana smoking!
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
West Chester, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

We stayed for one night before heading to Orlando.The hotel is in a great location. Close to restaurants and shopping. Room was clean, staff friendly, pool was nice. The breakfast was good and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
St. Louis
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 9, 2014

Fairly standard Hyatt Place. Good location, rooms are clean, comfortable beds, and good-sized - very good for families. Staff is all very friendly, helpful and nice. Restaurant is limited but fine for breakfast. Internet worked fine, no complaints.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
Northern KY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2014

Great place. Clean, staff very helpful. Shuttle to and from airport and they point out landmarks along the way. We are here overnight. Boarding cruise ship....by the way hotel offers shuttle to port and back to either hotel or airport. 4 people in my group--$40. Olive Garden and longhorn steakhouse right in front of hotel. Will shuttle you to places within 3 mile radius!! The staff is awesome. Especially Danny!! Sweet man and funny as all get out. Breakfast was awesome. Rooms were clean and even though we were early, we were allowed to go right on up.

Stayed June 2014

Been to Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore? Share your experiences!