“good location and big rooms” 4 of 5 stars

Offers & Announcements
Double Your Points
Ranked #42 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Jerusalem, Israel
“good location and big rooms”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

i loved my stay there..
the rooms are very big (but little bit old)
and the price was not very high - i think its a good value for money.
i was also used there shuttle service to the airport - it was very good and quick

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
We are so happy you loved our big rooms. As a former all suite hotel, this Hyatt Place offers extra room for your to lounge around and watch the 42 inch HD TV as well as relax and sleep in our Hyatt Grand Beds. We are so happy you enjoyed our hotel and we enjoyed having you here! Come back soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
North Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

I chose this hotel to stay at upon a list of recommendations from my friends in the Tampa area and reading reviews on here about this hotel. I knew what to expect, but its very helpful when your expectations are also met. Check-In was smooth and the receptionist at Check-In was very helpful and provided may amenities the hotel had to offer and Tampa as well, even after letting her know I was familiar w/ the Tampa area. I arrived to my room and it was HUGE! I did not expect a room that size. It was virtually a suite. My friends who arrived me immediately asked me how much I paid for the room, and why did I need such a big room? That was a great impression. The beds were comfortable and the room was perfect. The hotel offered a courtesy shuttle which was good to know since I didn't drive in to Tampa and in case I didn't want to bother my friends w/ driving. There was a good array of food from the free breakfast offered and it was both hot, cold and breads. I appreciated that. The staff seemed quite friendly. The late checkout was very helpful because it allowed me to have breakfast one last time with my friends before heading back home. We asked the front desk clerk to take a picture of my friends and I. He declined because of an injury, but called someone out of their office to do so for us. Working in customer service that was an added plus. This hotel is close to the mall and other restaurants so it's not really out of the way. The only negative would be parking. If you arrived too late, preferred spots just weren't available. I would stay here again in the event I needed a hotel in Tampa.

Room Tip: The A/C units are next to the beds. If you don't want to be too cold during your sleep, you can...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
5 STARS and another comment about our "Big Rooms", yes! We love hearing this response and thank you so much for staying with us and replying to TripAdvisor about your stay! Thank you!
pap
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2013

Stayed for one night ( Saturday)
I must say that after an 8 hour drive and then attending a long family event, the quality of our stay felt crucial....

We were all pleased with the final result of our choice.

We arrived for check in after 11 pm,we were greeted promptly and check in was easy. We opened the doors of our room with a smile, upon seeing the SPACIOUS and CLEAN lay out. While the kids got into bed, the adults plopped on the L shaped couch with our books to wind-down. We all rested well.

Despite being dreadfully tired. we had set our alarms for 9:30 am, to try the Buffet style breakfast, praying it was a nothing like some of the "continental breakfasts" seen else where. Again we were all pleased with the many options of warm and cold breakfast items, the actual quality and taste of the items offered.

Biggest complaint was flippin parking Saturday night: we had to drive around the entire parking lot over 3 times to find parking.. Negative when you are that exhausted!

Surprise: Once we went to our room we noted that across the hall our neighbor sound loud frat boys screaming that they were about to have a party in the hotel, which immediately concerned us for the noise. BUT once we closed our room door, there was NO sounds to be heard! We only heard them when we went for ice. (Pheww because we were wiped and dreading having to go back down and request a change)

Additional benefit was the 12pm check out. It was awesome to eat and be able to return to the cozy beds for a while!

All agreed that except for their news programing choice during breakfast, and the parking, we'd def try again, and only wished we had more time to ENJOY the space.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
We are so glad you enjoyed our new "AM Skillet" breakfast with rotating sandwiches and waffle/french toast/pancake options! Come back to see us soon please!
Tilburg, Noord-Brabant, Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Stayed only for one night in this airport hotel. Perfect big room with two superb beds. The bathroom is kind of split in two: sink in the bedroom and toilet and bath/shower in the bathroom. Bathroom is a bit dated.

• Stayed September 2013
We love the BIG room comments! We know no one wants to feel cramped in a hotel room away from home and we love that you enjoyed the bigger layout of our rooms! The Hyatt Grand Beds are typically a huge hit as well and this made our day that you liked our beds! Come back soon and visit us!
Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed for 1 night before our trip home. The prepaid price of $88 for a King suite, 5 minutes from the airport, on a Friday night was incredible. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable, the room was big, and divided between the bed and the living space. The L shaped couch was great in theory, however it was a little uncomfortable and stained, and could use an update. The air conditioner was beside the bed and worked very well, however it seemed quite loud in the middle of the night when it was starting and stopping. The food on the available hotel menu was mediocre at best, and incredibly pricey for what you get. We specifically chose this hotel hoping to watch the planes land or takeoff from the airport, however the adjacent trees blocked most of the view.

Nice friendly hotel, beside the airport, great rates - if ever we are in need of this type of accommodation in Tampa, we would be happy to stay here again, but will probably give another hotel a try.

Room Tip: You can see the planes from the one side of the hotel, but not well.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
If we don't get this remark about our service with every guest, we have failed! This is the reason we chose hospitality as a career; to take care of our valued guests! Thank you for this great review!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Liked everything about this place. Check-in/check-out were wiz bang fast. The room was super clean and the front desk personnel were very helpful with any request. There are several eating establishments within walking distance and many more with a 2 minute drive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
"This is what a hotel should be like"... Thank you for this comment and the 5 Star ranking! This is what I preach to our staff at every meeting! We want to be different. Thank you for staying with us and making our day!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've stayed in this chain of hotels a few times in my area and it's always a pleasure. This stay was no different. From a smooth check in to a nice hearty breakfast it did not disappoint. The front desk attendant even offered a late check out time because we checked in late. However, there was no need because we had errands to run before our cruise check in. I work for a major cleaning service so no matter where I go my eyes automatically scan the room for cleanliness. I have been in places where I wouldn't take my shoes off or sit on the comforter...I couldn't even sleep. My stay was wonderful and accommodated three people with the use of the sleeper sofa. I love this chain because they are consistent in each city I have had the pleasure of visiting. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
"Always a pleasure".. this is how we feel about you too! Having you as our guest! Thank you for this 5 Star ranking and this review. We love having you here!

Been to Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore? Share your experiences!