“Very friendly service” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #49 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Kitchener, Canada
“Very friendly service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We stayed for 1 night before our trip home. The prepaid price of $88 for a King suite, 5 minutes from the airport, on a Friday night was incredible. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The bed was very comfortable, the room was big, and divided between the bed and the living space. The L shaped couch was great in theory, however it was a little uncomfortable and stained, and could use an update. The air conditioner was beside the bed and worked very well, however it seemed quite loud in the middle of the night when it was starting and stopping. The food on the available hotel menu was mediocre at best, and incredibly pricey for what you get. We specifically chose this hotel hoping to watch the planes land or takeoff from the airport, however the adjacent trees blocked most of the view.

Nice friendly hotel, beside the airport, great rates - if ever we are in need of this type of accommodation in Tampa, we would be happy to stay here again, but will probably give another hotel a try.

Room Tip: You can see the planes from the one side of the hotel, but not well.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
If we don't get this remark about our service with every guest, we have failed! This is the reason we chose hospitality as a career; to take care of our valued guests! Thank you for this great review!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

Liked everything about this place. Check-in/check-out were wiz bang fast. The room was super clean and the front desk personnel were very helpful with any request. There are several eating establishments within walking distance and many more with a 2 minute drive.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
"This is what a hotel should be like"... Thank you for this comment and the 5 Star ranking! This is what I preach to our staff at every meeting! We want to be different. Thank you for staying with us and making our day!
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

I've stayed in this chain of hotels a few times in my area and it's always a pleasure. This stay was no different. From a smooth check in to a nice hearty breakfast it did not disappoint. The front desk attendant even offered a late check out time because we checked in late. However, there was no need because we had errands to run before our cruise check in. I work for a major cleaning service so no matter where I go my eyes automatically scan the room for cleanliness. I have been in places where I wouldn't take my shoes off or sit on the comforter...I couldn't even sleep. My stay was wonderful and accommodated three people with the use of the sleeper sofa. I love this chain because they are consistent in each city I have had the pleasure of visiting. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
"Always a pleasure".. this is how we feel about you too! Having you as our guest! Thank you for this 5 Star ranking and this review. We love having you here!
Denver
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 4, 2013

If you've stayed at a Hyatt Place Hotel, you pretty much know what you're getting - clean room, with a big screen TV, separate living area and desk separated by the closet, in-wall air conditioner that tends to cycle off and on and a continental breakfast. This hotel offered free shuttle service to the Tampa Airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
We love having you here and thank you for the comments! We need to get that ranking higher and we will work harder for this in the future. Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to review us. Please come back soon!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

When I travel to Tampa, I stay here. It is close to my office, my vendor partner, and two great malls. The staff remembers your name, quite impressive...though that may be because I've spent 6 weeks there within a year...lol.

• Stayed April 2013
5 Stars and you love the hotel and breakfast... Thank you so much! We hope to see you again soon and appreciate these comments more than you know!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

when I booked this stay, I knew I was going there to basically shower and sleep, because we were going to the nearby parks most of the day. It was a pleasure to stay here. The people were nice, there was free breakfast and it was all delicious and they had such a variety. the room was clean and updated. Super pleased, located in business district. lots of high-priced restaurants around, and a little further down, there was more reasonably-priced food. the only thing I was disappointed about was the distance from the parks we were visiting, about a 20-min drive

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the 5 STAR review! We are so happy you enjoyed your hotel stay with us and that we went above your expectations. This is what we want to do everyday! Thank you!
Island Park, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

Just stayed there this past Monday night. One room two double beds for me, my wife & 8 and 10 year old. We had a flight out of Tampa Airport the next morning so this was convenient. The woman who checked us in Monday evening was very pleasant & reviewed thoroughly with us what this Hyatt had to offer. She even found me some bowls & spoons for my kid's cereal & yogurt, which was part of their dinner. Plenty of free parking. My daughter even swam in their outdoor pool. Our room was fine for an overnight. It had a small refrigerator which was very helpful to us. Plenty of room to spread out our luggage and a huge flat screen TV. The room had free wireless access for my kids ipads. Brought back to the room McDonald's which is in driving distance near by. I slept on the huge couch comfortably, I'm 6'5", while the rest of the family slept on the beds. Checkout was simple & the array of food at the Hyatt complimentary breakfast area was incredible.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
We are so happy that you chose our hotel for your recent stay in Tampa. Many guests don't realize that we have free internet thoughout our hotel, free parking and a couch in each room that folds out into a very spacious Queen size bed. As you experienced, this gives you 3 pretty big beds in our Double Rooms. With you being 6', 5", this was most gratifying that you slept so well on the fold out couch. Knowing the kids had a good time means the world to us. We love having families at Hyatt Place. Thank you also for the kind words about our free breakfast. We have really amped it up with our new Skillets, offering multiple sandwiches each day that are most filling. Again, we are glad you enjoyed your stay and we thank you so much for the time in reviewing our hotel. We hope to see you again soon.

Been to Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore? Share your experiences!