“Worth the money” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #31 of 158 hotels in Tampa
Atlantic City, New Jersey
“Worth the money”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2013

From the time I checked in, until I checked out I enjoyed my stay..... The hotel was very quiet and clean. Danny, at the front desk was awesome and every request was done and done quickly... The only issue I had was the fact that there is a $10/ day incidental fee that I was unaware off.... But other than that, my stay was perfect!!!1

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
We love your review and thank you for your business! We also love being "worth the money" and the 4 STAR ranking means so much to us. Please come back to see us soon!

328 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
surrey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here overnight whilst on business. Used the free shuttle bus from airport. Which is also available for transportation to anywhere within 3 mile. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Breakfast was in a relaxed small area. Free fast wifi throughout . Pool was clean and towels provided. I had a late checkout at no extra cost. Air conditioning unit in my room was a little noisy but efficient. I'd stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Thank you for your overnight stay and for choosing Hyatt Place Tampa Airport! We love having you here whether it's for 1 night or for our guests who stay 30 plus nights in a row, we work for you! Thank you
west palm
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

Spent one night.

Likes:
-Price was good at $130/night.
-Free breakfast exceeded expectations
-Rooms are spacious with a separate sitting area
-Convenient location

Dislikes:
-It's time for some renovating
-My toilet seat was loose
-I had two beds in my room. One of them clearly was not clean based on my observations when I pulled the covers back.

Will I return to this location? No thanks at this point.

• Stayed July 2013
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you so much for staying with us. We are so happy to hear that you loved the breakfast and our great, convenient location. We will do a better job of checking those toilet seats for tightness; any of these negative issues are not indicative of our hotel. We have had a great summer with our awesome guests like you and we do hope you will consider staying with us again. We appreciate you very much at Hyatt Place Tampa!
St.Johns,NL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 31, 2013

We stayed here one night while passing through the area on our way to somewhere else. We got a great deal on priceline , and we were really happy with this hotel. It was very clean, good location, and parking was free, as was the wireless. We didn't have time to use the pool, but it did look nice. The best part of staying here was the breakfast in the morning. They had everything that you could think of, and everything was fresh. We took the food back to our room, but there are limited places to sit down in the lobby. We also took advantage of the 24 hour food service late in the night. You can get small items like chips and dip, cheesecake, etc. Nothing huge, more like snack foods, but it was good for a late night snack. Overall we really liked this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Here at Hyatt Place when we see a comment like "great place", this means so much to all of us! We are a different place and want to earn these kind of reviews. Thank you so much! Please come back soon!
Palatka, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2013

I have never stayed in a Hyatt Place before. I found this via a very good price on a bidding website. Based on the price I did not know what to expect, but I was very pleasantly surprised.

Upon arrival, I was offered several floors to choose from. I was able to pick a room far from the elevators on the top floor. Then, the clerk asked if I had ever stayed there before, when I said no she gave me a Tour of the hotel.

They have a 24/7 stand selling pastry type items as well as coffee and a small bar. They so have a good sized breakfast area. Breakfast is included. Additionally, they have a shuttle service that will take guests anywhere within a 3 mile radius.

Upon arriving in my room I found the size to be very large for a standard king room. Most hotels might call this a junior suite. There is a large TV, and a wall dividing the bed area from a sitting area. The room is separated enough that the sitting area feels like it could be used as a separate bedroom if travelling with a family. The room has a desk. There is also a second sink and mini Fridge in the sitting area. The actual bathroom is fairly small. All of the furnishings look fairly new.

The couch is a full length couch with a bed in it. The couch also has a sectional, there is no bed in the sectional piece. Additionally there is an ottoman with the couch.

The hotel is close to the airport and at 1:00 PM was 13 minutes from the downtown convention center. The only downside to this hotel is that it appears to be in a neighborhood with several "gentlemen's clubs."

• Stayed July 2013
"Great price, BIG room" and 4 STARS, yes! Thank you for this great review! We love having you here and hope to see you again soon!
Middleburg, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Not bad for being an older hotel considering the price we paid, since we could not get a room at Mac Dill AFB. I guess I must have been lucky to get the kind of reception I did, to me they were really nice & helpful, compared to others I have seen complaining about customer service. The room was big, BUT the cleanliness could have been better in room 315. It looked like the floor was not vacuumed and there were strands of brown hair on the wall in the shower. I guess my biggest drawback was the a/c unit. A VERY LOUD MACHINE. Every time it came on it woke me up and I had it set to low. I've been to other places with a/c units like that and they were never that loud on a low setting. Other than that, it was just a place to lay our heads for the night.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you Richard for staying with us and reviewing our hotel! We have a lot of people, government employees, contractors and more stay with us when visiting MacDill Air Force Base. We love having you here and thank you for your business. We pride ourselves on our outstanding customer service and the reception you received is very typical of our staff and what you can always expect at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport, shocking friendliness! We obviously need to check the vacuum used in your room and the A/C unit. We have replaced many of our A/C units and are getting great comments about their efficiency and performance. We are always looking to improve and obtain perfection at the Hyatt Place Westshore hotel. We hope to see you again soon when visiting the Air Force Base and thank you again for staying with us!
Franklin Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 21, 2013

We stayed here the night before our cruise. Great rate included parking our car during the cruise, and shuttle to and from the port. Breakfast was free and very good, but I think I would have preferred sitting in a dining room. They have casual dining which leaves everyone to sit all over the lobby. Just felt weird.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for this review and for staying with us in Tampa. We love taking care of our valued Cruise guests and appreciate you choosing our hotel and team. Our complimentary breakfast is one of our most utilized amentiies; our seating (chairs) have been updgraded for our guests convenience of use. We hope to see you again on your next visit to Tampa and thank you again for staying with us!

Been to Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore? Share your experiences!