“Superb!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 159 hotels in Tampa
Tallahassee, Florida
“Superb!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 24, 2013

I do so much travel in my line of work there are times where I literally am living out of a hotel room. This was certainly the case last week as I "moved in" to the Hyatt Place Tampa Westshore. I have grown to become quite a Hyatt Place fan ever since I discovered their easy, hospitable nature in Jacksonville, however, I was more than satisfied with Tampa Westshore.

Eva Chin was the sale agent who got my groups all set up prior to my arrival on property and that began the delight. She was thorough, accurate and accommodating. We joked about me having to stay there for the week with 3 separate meetings going on and upon my arrival to my room, I was welcomed with cookies, water and a note from the Director of Sales Jim Trivers. Jim was my point of contact throughout the entire week and he was just amazing. They don't make nicer people. The accommodations were pretty much exactly like the Jacksonville one except it's a lot more quaint with seating area nooks which is great for reading, hanging out in the lobby, etc. Very nicely decorated, a nice modern decor with a warm color palette.

Very spacious, very clean rooms. The meeting space was perfect and able to offer options for set-ups into U-shape, classroom, etc. Parking is a breeze. I had to venture out everywhere from Clearwater to Ybor to downtown and it's the perfect location to get around the Greater Tampa area.

Great for business, roomy enough for families, cute for couples. Right in a great shopping district and perfect for people like me, solo travelers!

It was the first time in my LIFE that I've slept on the couch in a hotel by choice. The first night, after the long road trip, I lounged on the couch with my iPad and fell asleep and didn't bother moving as the couch was very comfy. I didn't get interrupted when I didn't want to but I wasn't on a goose chase trying to find someone when I did need service.

I will DEFINITELY return to this property. It's been a long time where I have been ecstatic about a property full circle. More properties should learn from this entire hospitality team.

Room Tip: Park around back...it's closer for walking distance and there's always spaces.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
5 Star reviews make our day and words like "superb" make us happy! Thank you so much for these kind words and this great review! We love having you here at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport!

351 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
palm springs, ca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

This is an older property. However, we were very impressed with our room which had a sleeping area separate from a large living area with a desk and a mini-kitchen. This accommodation is ideal for everyone, from a business person looking for a nice retreat to a family with kids who need room to spread out. The staff is friendly and very efficient. The breakfast seemed to be bountiful, but while there were lots of tables, there were more guests. Still it is easy to take a coffee and a bun up to the room!

Del Valle
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

We needed a hotel close to the airport for two days after our cruise docked. I was excited to find for $25 our party of four would be given a ride from the port and to hotel. PLUS, they have a free shuttle that will take you to and from International Mall if you don't want to walk the 10 minutes to it. The shuttle will take you anywhere within 2 miles of hotel free! Not even a "tips are appreciated sign in vans!"

We arrived early and they gave us one of our rooms right away so we could hang out and put our luggage in the room. By the time our lunch was over, they had the second room ready.

Great beds, clean rooms and with the living area separate from the bed, it was great for the four of us to hang out and chat in the evenings.

Great little breakfast that was included with room each am.

The staff is super friendly, eager to help you with any problems be it transportation to places or general questions. The pool area is nice and water is a nice temperature.

We secured our room from Priceline as once I decided I wanted the comfort of a Hyatt, I searched for the best price for this hotel.

I travel for business too and customer service plays a big room in how I rate things. I just really felt the staff was super helpful. Loved the free ride to airport too! Considering all the freebies that come with the Hyatt--breakfast, transporation--I really consider it one of the better Tampa airport deals

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for these kind remarks and outstanding review! We are so happy you loved our free shuttle and customer service. We try to make our guest's feel at ease and trouble free when they stay with us. We know what it's like to travel, be stressed over the Port transportation, all that luggage, etc. We will do whatever it takes to make your stay outstanding! We are also happy that you took advantage of our shuttle to the Port of Tampa; we started this service 4 years ago before most hotels had even considered it. The price is still the same and we are very rehearsed in how to make our guests get back and forth with ease and comfort. Thank you again for this review!
Maryland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

The gentleman that checked us in was extremely nice, but I found that many other staff members need some pointers in customer service. For instance, as I sat in the lounge area, I saw an evening front desk person ignore a new arrival for at least 5 minutes while he continued on the phone with what was clearly a personal conversation. While the lobby was very nice and updated, I found the room furnishings to be very worn. The bed was comfortable and the breakfast was very delicious. The kitchen staff constantly refilled everything in the breakfast area. We used the bar/cafe area and found it to be delicious and reasonably priced. The pool was not very well cared for and I was disappointed to find that they do not have dryers available for guests to dry their wets swimming clothes. Check in and check out was easy. Overall I was pleased, but I've been to other Hyatt Place locations that soared in customer service and room furnishings so this was a little disaapointing.

South Florida, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We just finished a two night stay at Hyatt Place, Tampa Westshore. Everthing was excellent!!! Staff was super and always upbeat. Honestly the best front desk teams Ive ever seen. Breakfast is as others have said, Terrrific!!! Our grandson said to us he didnt want to leave home there, lol. We're already thinking of returning soon!!! We enjoyed Busch Gardens, Seeing Raymond James Stadium, Yankee Stadium Gift Shop, Ybor City and The Amtrak Union Railroad Station. And the International Mall right across the street is so convenient. Just a great time and perfect place to stay and I would be remiss to not say how great the video component board right by the TV is inside the rooms/suites. Hats off to the entire staff at Hyatt Place/ Tampa Westshore!!! We had a terrific vacation

Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

Convenient hotel near airport with clean rooms. Friendly helpful staff. I had an overnight stay after arriving late on a Friday. Hotel was clean. Rooms were modern and spacious. Elevators were warm and power went out in them but may just be Florida power. Breakfast was good and included, a little bit crowded.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013 via mobile

Hotel was conveniently located near freeway and airport. Loved the spacious rooms especially when traveling with a child.

Breakfast was good. For a healthy eater such as myself, they had the essentials to get the day off to a good start (steel cut oats, fruits, eggs, yogurt). The other stuff in the breakfast buffet didn't look to appealing though.

Overall great stay answer would love to stay again next time in Tampa.

Super random - Didn't like the lights in the bathroom. Just very fluorescent looking and uninviting.

• Stayed May 2013

Been to Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore? Share your experiences!