Stayed at this Hyatt Place for two nights last week. The rooms were a bit outdated, but extremely spacious. Lots of room to get ready and just relax. However, we really didn't spend much time at the hotel as we were out and about each day.
We utilized the complimentary shuttle after arriving just before midnight (the shuttle service for the day ends at midnight) and it was very easy and convenient. Driver was friendly and it was only a short drive from the airport to the hotel. We also used the shuttle to get our rental car early the next morning and we had a different driver - she was also great.
Lobby was clean and we took advantage of the complimentary breakfast in the morning - which was great. There was a nice variety of food, the area was clean and the women working there were very friendly and pleasant.
One thing that really stood out was that I had a Hyatt gift card and e-mailed them about it prior to arrival. They had this noted and applied the gift card amount to my reservation as soon as we checked in. This was great since I had read online that sometimes it can be difficult to use the gift cards at Hyatt properties. Very easy!
The hotel is a short drive to Yankees Spring Training, and the International Plaza Mall. We spent time at both places so it was very convenient. I loved how every staff member we encountered was so friendly and helpful. I will definitely come back to this hotel in the future if I am taking another short trip!
Another note (this has absolutely no affect on my rating/review, but I want to warn other travelers): We ordered pizza from one of the places that slipped a menu under the door...Bay Pizza I think was the name. It was terrible. Took two hours and they still made us pay! There was CHEWING GUM on our pizza and when we called to complain we kept getting hung up on!!!....DON'T ORDER FROM THERE!
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore Hotel
- Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore Hotel Tampa
- Hyatt Place Tampa
- Hyatt Place Tampa Airport
- Tampa Hyatt
- Hyatt Tampa
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A favorite of both business and leisure travelers, AmeriSuites hotels offer guests an attractively designed suite with 25% more space than a traditional hotel room and all the comforts of home. Most AmeriSuites provide guests with amenities such as kitchenettes with microwaves and refrigerators, complimentary Bountiful Breakfast Buffet, fitness rooms and pools. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Amex, Orbitz, AAA Travel Services, Cheap Tickets, Travelocity, Booking.com, Olotels, Priceline, Otel, Asiatravel.com Holdings, getaroom.com and Tingo so you can book your Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.