“Great Stay...” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Michigan
“Great Stay...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I stayed at this hotel on a recent business trip. I have stayed at other Hyatt hotels, but this was my first experience with the Hyatt Place brand. The check in process was very fast and efficient. The clerk working the front desk was friendly and eager to assist with any of my needs. My room was located on the 4th floor at the end of the hall. The room was very spacious and clean and located in a quiet location. I enjoyed the free high speed internet and the large TV available to me during my stay. The bathroom was very clean and the shower was hot. I was pleasantly surprised when I came down early the next morning and was greeted by a very friendly front desk person and a great complimentary breakfast...not your usual continental breakfast fare either. There were breakfast sandwiches available as well as cereal, fruit, yogurt, muffins, etc...quite a big spread for a free hotel breakfast. All in all, I really enjoyed my stay, and I plan to book again for future trips to the area.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Houston, Texas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Boy! What a HUGE disappointment. This is truly the WORST Hyatt Place that I have ever stayed. Not sure why it could be so bad, since all the others have been either great or very good. This was abysmal. The room emanated the stench of mold. (really!) It reminded me of my childhood when we used to stay at motels in Florida across from the beach, and the carpet had seen its better days. The odor took me back. Unfortunately it was not a great childhood memory. Not much else to say. The signage for parking is non-existent (don’t park in Ruth’s Chris!). The staff was less than helpful—the ONLY time I have experienced such unhelpful staff at check-in at a Hyatt Place. I can 100% honestly make this statement: I will NEVER return to this hotel when back in Tampa. EVER. Very disappointing.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
TampaGM, General Manager at Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I must say, I truly wonder if you have graded the right hotel after reading the comments. If you look at our other TripAdvisor reviews, this is no where indicative of our hotel or what we would allow. In my 4 years as the leader of this hotel, I've never read a comment like this; so obviously it is a major concern and we take it very seriously. Please e-mail me if you would what room you were in so I can inspect this room myself with my engineer, executive housekeeper and entire staff. We have been blessed to sell out every night in February and March and this room you are referencing at our hotel is being used every night, with no complaints. I also have never had a complaint on the ample parking at our hotel but we always look for ways to improve. I really appreciate the feedback and want to correct this immediately. Mike Kidd, General Manager Hyatt Place Tampa Airport WESTSHORE. mike.j.kidd@hyatt.com Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

Very clean room. I enjoyed the breakfast sandwiches, very good selection on breakfast items. Fast, easy, friendly check-in and check-out. I will definitely stay there again. free breakfast, free internet, free parking. The only negative thing is the internet access kept dropping throughout the day and night (possibly too many people logged on). Perhaps a Wi-Fi access point on each floor would help. I use to be a Marriott customer but have now changed to Hyatt because they have consistently CLEAN hotels, which is my number one preference in choosing a hotel. I'm a big fan of the travel Channel's TV show "Hotel Impossible" and did a check on the room, I think Anthony Melchiorri would be pleased with the cleaniest of the room. Oh, one more thing, not enough seats during breakfast. Overall a very nice hotel, I would definitely stay there next time I visit Tampa to see the Yankees.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Portage, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Flew into Tampa and stayed at this hotel before heading to Sebring. Friendly, efficient check in. Lovely, spacious room (bathroom small). Clean and well maintained. Very nice breakfast included. Tried to book a second night on the day we flew back to Michigan but they were full.

Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Akron
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Our one night stay was excellent at the Hyatt Place of Tampa!!! Our family of four selected the Snooze & Cruise option. Our flight did not arrive to Tampa International Airport until 11:15 pm and by the time we received our luggage from baggage claim it was almost midnight. I called the hotel so we can get the shuttle and the gentleman (don't remember his name) was very helpful to directing us to area where we needed to be to look for the shuttle. Within 10 minutes the shuttle arrived and took us to the hotel. The gentleman that drove the shuttle was fun, pleasant and explained how the shuttle schedule is for the Port of Tampa even though he said he usually is done at midnight. Check-in was a snap and quick and the gentleman explained again the process of catching the shuttle to the Port of Tampa in the morning. The room was very clean and well laid out. Could not have asked for a better room for an over night stay in Tampa. In fact, we could have stayed at the Hyatt for over a week and not just a sleep over!!!! The room looked more expensive then what we paid for it and even had a new travel size tube of toothpaste on top vanity along with other body care amenities. The only small complaint I would have to say would be the room in which the shower/tub and toilet are located in could have been a bit larger but wasn't an big issue. The breakfast was awesome at the hotel. Our two teenage boys took full advantage of the breakfast bar. I guess they were getting their stomachs in shape for their upcoming cruise. Since we did the Snooze & Cruise special the shuttle took us to the Port of Tampa and dropped us off about 20 feet from the escalator of Royal Caribbean's area. The shuttle driver reminded us to call the hotel once we arrive back from our cruise and the shuttle would pick us up and take us to Tampa International Airport. The ship arrived back at the port at 7 am on Thursday and once we received our luggage and cleared customs I called the front desk and within 15 minutes the shuttle arrived at the curb of the port and took us to the airport. This was our family's 8th cruise and everything the Hyatt provided us was TOP notch!!!!!!! I would HIGHLY recommend the Hyatt Place of Tampa for an overnight stay or even a week stay!!! Thank You Hyatt Place for making our Spring vacation complete!!!!!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
St. Catharines, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I cant say enough good things about this hotel! One of THE most comfortable beds Ive ever slept on in a hotel! The room was spotless, the staff was MORE than friendly, the breakfast was delicious and the selection was huge. We loved the heated pool as well. Parked our car here while we cruised for a week, the included shuttle to and from the port was efficient and the drivers very friendly. All the staff was friendly and helpful at this location, we WILL be back next time we cruise from Tampa! I recommend this hotel for anyone looking for good value and excellent service!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Springfield, Massachusetts
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

We stayed for 1 night before a cruise - we reserved a king bed but were told at check-in there was no guarantee. We were given 2 double beds - we are tall people and don't really fit in each bed even seperately... and are very uncomfortable mattresses anyway. We did not get a good night's sleep. The bar staff was a little pushy and recommended a nearby restaurant Lee Roy Selmon which was awful. Keep in mind the shuttle only is a 3 mile radius.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello and thank you for this review! I apologize that your room type was unavailable when you checked in; many rooms that are booked with 3rd parties are at a great discount; however with that discount comes the tag of "run of house" for the room type. We always look for ways to improve and we appreciate you staying with us while in Tampa. We strive to honor every request given to us as we want all of our guests to feel comfortable and "taken care of" while staying wih us. You are appreciated here and we thank you very much for choosing our hotel.