“Clean Cool & Quiet Can you ask for more?” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Double Your Points
Ranked #34 of 160 Hotels in Tampa
Northern Illinois
“Clean Cool & Quiet Can you ask for more?”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2012

From the moment I checked in I knew this was going to be a great stay! Mike at the service desk was extra friendly and helpful which was a nice change from the previous hotel I just came from! The rooms were clean and very cool, and spacious. The entire facility was well attended, including the pool area, which was nice and clean and full of towels. There were a wide variety of people checking in and out but the hotel was one of the most quiet I have stayed in. My next stay in Tampa will be booked here. The location was good too, with a steakhouse and Starbucks in walking distance and a fabulous Mall just around the block.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family

Lady Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2012

Excellent Hotel! Very well run and maintained hotel. Great location! Rooms are immaculate and so is the entire hotel. Hotel staff very polite and very customer service oriented. Would highly recommend.

Room Tip: Booked through priceline, best hotel they have put me in to date
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
Bristol PA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

Spacious Rooms, Great Location. Friendly staff. I use priceline regularly and I am always glad to see when I get a room at the Hyatt Place.

I have yet to find a Hyatt Place Hotel that didn't exceed my expectations.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled on business
Pinecliffe, CO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore after a late night flight from Colorado. While we only stayed for one night, the hotel made a very positive impression upon us.

Front Desk Staff:
Exceptionally friendly, funny, and welcoming. They asked if we prefer a higher or lower floor when we checked in, which was a nice offering.

Deal:
I landed this hotel through Hotwire.com for $59 / night. I was quite pleased with the deal. I did some research on Betterbidding.com and explored the Hotwire Hotel List for Florida to identify which hotel I'd likely win before purchasing.

Facilities:
The front desk area had a pleasant little bar and snack area where guests could enjoy a libation and tasty treat.

Breakfast:
There was a separate room for a complimentary continental breakfast. We did not partake in this offering, but rather drove down the road a bit to enjoy IHOP. Every once in a while I feel the urge for their strawberry stuffed french toast.

Room:
Spacious and very clean.
Pros: The room was a suite format with separate sleeping and sitting areas. The TV was very nice with a convenient power and interface panel.
Cons: The bed was firm (I prefer a soft bed). Also, a curved shower curtain bar in the bathroom would have made for a more spacious shower experience.

Final thought:
I would definitely recommend this hotel for those who need a place to stay on their way to or from the Tampa airport. It met our needs and exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: We opted for a room on a higher floor - While the view was nothing spectacular, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

The lobby looks beautiful when you first go in and the rooms are very spacious and clean. The free continental breakfast is pretty good in the morning and the free airport shuttle is great.

We had a 2 double beds room and the beds were VERY uncomfortable. They felt like really old spring box mattresses and the pillow had no substance. The AC was left on because it was hot, but it was so loud that I was constantly woken up by it.

We couldn't find the normal channels on the TV. All we could get were ads for the pay channels.

Service was very nice and the hotel was comfortable enough, but I don't think I'll ever stay here again. Even though it's an "airport" hotel, it was a 15min ride from the airport. I've stayed at other Hyatt Place's before but this bed was the most uncomfortable.

It's pretty much on a very empty area without many restaurants around. It was mostly surrounded by other hotels.

We stayed here the night before our cruise and it was decent enough.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 1 of 5 stars
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I couldn't have been happier with this hotel -- especially considering I scored it for $45/night on Priceline. It was conveniently located right off the highway, five minutes to the airport, 10 mins to Yankee spring training, and 20 mins to Busch Gardens. The rooms were great; comfortable beds, large seating area, very quiet. The breakfast was pretty good -- we knew going into it that it was continental, so we weren't expecting much more than what was there: cereal, bagels, donuts, & fruit. The staff were efficient and kept the area very clean; they kept telling us that they would clear our plates and not to worry about it. All in all, a great experience!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Stayed here one night at the end of February. Hotel was difficult for us to find as the address on confirmation paperwork was not on our GPS. Once we arrived, we noted that the location was quite good to get to the airport early the next day.

Hotel is a short distance from the mall with good restaurant choices and nice anchor stores.

Guest room was decent size with separate sitting area with large sofa and flat screen TV. Work station was adequate and kitchenette had coffee maker, fridge and sink.

We did not partake in the continental breakfast or use the restaurant services or pool.

Front desk check in/out was friendly and efficient.

We booked this hotel on Priceline and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family