“Spacious and Clean” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Pinecliffe, CO
“Spacious and Clean”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore after a late night flight from Colorado. While we only stayed for one night, the hotel made a very positive impression upon us.

Front Desk Staff:
Exceptionally friendly, funny, and welcoming. They asked if we prefer a higher or lower floor when we checked in, which was a nice offering.

Deal:
I landed this hotel through Hotwire.com for $59 / night. I was quite pleased with the deal. I did some research on Betterbidding.com and explored the Hotwire Hotel List for Florida to identify which hotel I'd likely win before purchasing.

Facilities:
The front desk area had a pleasant little bar and snack area where guests could enjoy a libation and tasty treat.

Breakfast:
There was a separate room for a complimentary continental breakfast. We did not partake in this offering, but rather drove down the road a bit to enjoy IHOP. Every once in a while I feel the urge for their strawberry stuffed french toast.

Room:
Spacious and very clean.
Pros: The room was a suite format with separate sleeping and sitting areas. The TV was very nice with a convenient power and interface panel.
Cons: The bed was firm (I prefer a soft bed). Also, a curved shower curtain bar in the bathroom would have made for a more spacious shower experience.

Final thought:
I would definitely recommend this hotel for those who need a place to stay on their way to or from the Tampa airport. It met our needs and exceeded our expectations.

Room Tip: We opted for a room on a higher floor - While the view was nothing spectacular, it was very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2012

The lobby looks beautiful when you first go in and the rooms are very spacious and clean. The free continental breakfast is pretty good in the morning and the free airport shuttle is great.

We had a 2 double beds room and the beds were VERY uncomfortable. They felt like really old spring box mattresses and the pillow had no substance. The AC was left on because it was hot, but it was so loud that I was constantly woken up by it.

We couldn't find the normal channels on the TV. All we could get were ads for the pay channels.

Service was very nice and the hotel was comfortable enough, but I don't think I'll ever stay here again. Even though it's an "airport" hotel, it was a 15min ride from the airport. I've stayed at other Hyatt Place's before but this bed was the most uncomfortable.

It's pretty much on a very empty area without many restaurants around. It was mostly surrounded by other hotels.

We stayed here the night before our cruise and it was decent enough.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
Danbury, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

I couldn't have been happier with this hotel -- especially considering I scored it for $45/night on Priceline. It was conveniently located right off the highway, five minutes to the airport, 10 mins to Yankee spring training, and 20 mins to Busch Gardens. The rooms were great; comfortable beds, large seating area, very quiet. The breakfast was pretty good -- we knew going into it that it was continental, so we weren't expecting much more than what was there: cereal, bagels, donuts, & fruit. The staff were efficient and kept the area very clean; they kept telling us that they would clear our plates and not to worry about it. All in all, a great experience!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2012

Stayed here one night at the end of February. Hotel was difficult for us to find as the address on confirmation paperwork was not on our GPS. Once we arrived, we noted that the location was quite good to get to the airport early the next day.

Hotel is a short distance from the mall with good restaurant choices and nice anchor stores.

Guest room was decent size with separate sitting area with large sofa and flat screen TV. Work station was adequate and kitchenette had coffee maker, fridge and sink.

We did not partake in the continental breakfast or use the restaurant services or pool.

Front desk check in/out was friendly and efficient.

We booked this hotel on Priceline and would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Estero, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I should have trusted other reviews that said this was not up to the usual standards of a Hyatt Place! I stayed here because I wanted to be near the airport and International Plaza, but I won't make that mistake again. I've stayed at much better hotels in the area for the same price. Staying on this part of Westshore is mainly the problem - the area is not nice - and I was very nervous as a single woman walking to my rental car alone when I had to depart for my flight at 4am. Beyond that, the hotel seemed very run down. It offered all the usual amenities of a Hyatt Place but somehow the overall caliber just wasn't what I've come to expect from them.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Crossville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2012

Our stay was on February 4th, 2012. This was a pre-cruise package deal which included the room for the night, breakfast, shuttle to and back from the cruise port and you could leave your car in their well-lite parking lot - all for a $23 deposit then $109 plus TX. Room was very spacious and super quiet. We used the outdoor pool as it was sunny and about 82.

Beautiful lobby with art glass displays, a computer area and lots of seating.

Their only fault was the breakfast was a bit limited, no proteins: no eggs, no no sausage. It was mostly carbs - cereals, toast, etc. They didn't even have one of those waffle machines. They did however, have low sugar yogurt which was appreciated.

They had special desserts, muffins and donuts, soda, water & juice for sale out in the lobby. Wish they had served them at breakfast. My last photo shows a Chocolate Big Baby Bundt cake for $4.50

When we do another cruise out of Tampa, we would definitely stay here again!

Room Tip: We were assigned a top floor room at the end of the hall - not near the elevator or ice machine.
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

My family of five just stayed at this Hyatt Place for one night. It was very close to the Tampa Airport. Room was clean, nicely decorated and super quiet. The included breakfast was very mediocre. They need to add some muffins or pastries, some decent quality products like fresh fruit, instead of frozen stuff. I would have given it five stars if the breakfast was better.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family

Been to Hyatt Place Tampa Airport/Westshore? Share your experiences!