“Nice place to stay.” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #40 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Estero FL
“Nice place to stay.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2011

We were in town to go to a college football game at the nearby stadium. Restaurants were nearby, the staff was friendly and helpful, and parking was plentiful even thought they said the hotel was full thenight we stayed. The rooms are roomy, suite-like and clean. The beds were comfortable. I did not like the pillows....not firm enough for me but then everyone can bring their own. Good continental breakfast with nice selection. TV remote was missing to our TV when we arrived but they brought us one promptly. Good hotel for the price.

Room Tip: Run the AC or fan even if no temperature setting. The airplanes taking off nearby may wake you in t...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Newport Beach, California
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,026 helpful votes
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2011

I just returned from a one night stay in Tampa and stayed at the Hyatt Place Tampa Airport hotel since I had an early flight the morning after my meeting and client dinner. This was my first Hyatt Place stay, actually, and I was pretty impressed.

Overall, the hotel was very convenient to the Tampa Airport. It was fresher and nicer than most Courtyard Marriott or Hilton Garden Inn hotels I've stayed in over the years, which I assume is the market niche in which Hyatt Place is aiming to compete. My king room was more like a junior suite, with a kitchenette, work area, living area, and the bedroom area, plus a small bathroom and wash area. It reminded me of a smaller Embassy Suite room, actually, but with nicer furnishings.

The staff were wonderful at check-in. My only service glitch was the hotel's complimentary wireless, which was substandard in my room (325) in the corner of the hotel. I complained, and someone did come up very quickly to try and find another room that had better wireless on the same floor, but I had to finish work and a call and then head out to a meeting, so I was never able to get into another room. On my return later than night, the wireless was still substandard, slow and intermittent, so I was directed to call their tech service provider. After 30 minutes, I gave up and just used my smartphone to send a few emails instead.

It is worth mentioning that the front desk staff indicated I was the only wireless complaint in a hotel that was sold-out. That did make me wonder if it was my phone, iPad, and/or laptop that had issues. But all 3 had issues. And it was obviously an issue with the hotel wireless when it took 30 minutes with their tech support to get better signal with 1 or 2 of them!

Overall, the hotel was very nice for an airport hotel in this category. I would probably look carefully at more recent reviews to see if wireless improved before returning, however. If wireless is less important to you, though, I would highly recommend the property.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
Lowell, IN
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2011

I was excited when I learned my bid for 5 nights was accepted and this was where we were staying. The location is outstanding, we are minutes from everywhere we need to be. The only 3 complaints I have are no guest laundry, no microwave, and kind of a cheesy breakfast. The actual room is more like a suite which is nice for people with a family. All in all it is nice and I would come back without a question.

• Stayed December 2011
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

The staff was very pleasant and helpful. Our room had a king and a sitting area separated by a divider. The only thing missing was a microwave, which would have been nice. The hotel was in good shape and looked very clean. The continental breakfast was better than a lot of hotel chains and there was a good selection of coffees and teas. Made to order eggs, etc. were an added cost, but we found the regular offerings to be good.

The shuttle to the port was great, on time and user friendly. We were picked up shortly after we called from the port on the return trip, and everything went smoothly. And the car was fine upon our return. I highly recommend this hotel for its convenience and good service.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Seneca Falls
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2011

Although I arrived lat and left early, staff went out of there way to insure that everything was just as I wanted it.

• Stayed November 2011
Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2011

All the usual accommodations of a typical Hyatt place in good working order. Customer service is so-so, much better during the day. The bus leaves every half hour and will take you to the mall where you can find a variety of places to eat and shop or even grab a movie. Complimentary breakfast; comfortable beds; in-room coffee; large TV etc. Air conditioning is average - the noisy window variety. Caution: bath tub is slippery! - rubber mat provided for preventing slips. (always thought that was a bit of a nasty concept though) Quiet location for daytime sleeping. The place felt generally quite clean and reasonably well maintained. Would not have a problem staying there again.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled on business
Portland, Oregon
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

This is like most Hyatt Places. The rooms a average size but stuffed with a lot. I particularly liked the sleeper couch. A high carb breakfast is supplied and you pay extra for anything else. Location is good but you will need a car unless Ruth's Chris and Starbucks meets all your needs. Very friendly, well trained staff. I had agreed to an accessible room, which was fine, but you had to run the tap for ten minutes to get any hot water.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo