When we travel with our dogs, La Quinta is our choice because they don't tack on unreasonable dog deposits like many other hotel chains. We chose La Quinta Tampa airport over the other south Tampa location that was closer to my family because it was more than $20 cheaper a night. That kind of savings adds up for a good dinner out! The La Quinta Airport location is great because it's walking distance from two malls and a ton of restaurants in the malls as well as just near them. There is an IHOP right next to the hotel which is good, because the complimentary breakfast is sub-par compared to other La Quinta locations. It's the same food each day and nothing spectacular. Other La Quinta locations have waffles you can make fresh, fresh pastries and bagels, etc. This location has a bunch of pre-packaged Otis Spunkmeyer muffins and bagels. I understand that they may do this for the busy business traveler who just wants to grab a muffin and throw it in their bag on their way to a flight, but for those of us staying for three or four nights, a better selection of food would be welcome.
Check in was efficient but not overly friendly or welcoming. I was displeased with the (lack of) cleanliness of our bathroom when we checked in. The toilet seat was FILTHY and I had to wipe it down before we could use it. I considered calling the front desk to complain, but nature called and decided it wasn't worth it.
Even with the minor quibbles, we'd stay here again based on the location and overall value.
- Also Known As:
- La Quinta Inn Tampa Bay Airport Hotel
- La Quinta Inn Tampa Bay Airport Hotel Tampa
- La Quinta Tampa
- Tampa La Quinta
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- NEW! Flat-panel TVs with 30 channels of HD programming. Easy-access Plug-and-Play feature makes it simple to connect electronics.The newly renovated La Quinta Inn Tampa Airport is less than a mile from Tampa International, and central to all entertainment areas.While here check out Historic Ybor City, Busch Gardens, Adventure Island, Clearwater and St. Pete beaches, Dali Museum, MOSI, St. Pete, Times Forum (Lightning), Tropicana Field (Rays), and Raymond James Stadium (Buccaneers). Transportation is available each day to Seaport in Tampa. The La Quinta Inn Tampa Airport has meeting facilities, a heated outdoor pool, and, off the lobby, our Free Bright Side BreakfastTM every morning. Rooms are spacious, comfy, and filled with amenities; our staff is here to make your stay most enjoyable. See you soon! We are located one mile north of I-275, less than a mile from Tampa International Airport, and across the street from International Mall. Free parking and airport shuttle service is available for registerend guests during stay and we offer Stay and Go parking rates for our hotel guests ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Booking.com, Orbitz, LaQuinta, Tingo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Hotels.com, Agoda and Venere so you can book your La Quinta Inn Tampa Bay Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.