“Great hotel if your room isn't near the Expressway” 3 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore

You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   4500 West Cypress Street, Tampa, FL 33607   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
2x HHonors Points
Ranked #76 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Brooklyn
“Great hotel if your room isn't near the Expressway”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2009

I travel a lot and was very pleasantly surprised by this hotel! It was very clean, modern updated and what you would want to be greeted by after a long day of travel.
If memory serves, the last two digits of my room were 7 and 2. I don't remember, but what I do remember and won't forget anytime soon was that it had a GREAT view of the Expressway! Now, I travel for business and am not looking for great views, just a quiet place to get some sleep. Well, that couldn't have been farther from what I got! Unfortunately because my room overlooked the Expressway I heard the noises of cars all night long. I'm a New Yorker so you would think that he noise wouldn't bother me. Yet, because the swooshing sound of cars going by was partnered with trucks shifting gears and motorcycles speeding it was very disruptive. Additionally, at about 5am I kept hearing a beeping noise, like a truck backing up. The beep would last for a few beeps, stop for 5 seconds and start again. This went on for 2 hours! Finally, I looked outside my window and saw a bulldozer across the Expressway in a fenced in lot pushing dirt around. Every time the bulldozer would back up the beeping would sound. The beeping seemed incredibly unnecessary considering it was pushing dirt around in a vacant lot, but that's neither here nor there.

The next morning I went downstairs and casually mentioned this to the front desk. I didn't expect them to do anything about it because they certainly can't control the traffic or the busy work of a bulldozer, but I was a bit surprised by the front desk's flip attitude. Oh well.

Regardless, I think it is a great, clean, hotel. My only warning would be to ask specifically to have a room on the complete other side of the hotel nowhere near the Expressway, you'll sleep much better just like my partner traveling with me did.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (175)
DC
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2009

My organization hosted a conference here and we had a great experience. Kim and Jerri were wonderful to work with, and were very accommodating to meet our changing needs. Both the food and the food service were very good, too.

The hotel is very close the airport and a 15 minute cab ride down to Ybor City where a lot of restaurants are.

The only is issue is that the temperature fluctuated in the meeting rooms from quite cold to warm and muggy.

Overall, the hotel is a great value for the money and I would happily work with them again.
- Mike

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
TX
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2009

I spent a couple of days in Tampa working close to the airport. The Doubletree Hotel Tampa Westshore Airport proved to be a great choice, with fresh rooms, great friendly staff and a great sports bar/restaurant.

I highly recommend it for anyone in the area.

Guy

Dayton Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2009

I escorted a fairly large group to this hotel. The staff was fantastic! Their new sports bar has great Tapas and I was very happy to see a lot of the same employees from the previous stay a year prior. The porters are curtious and quick. The group coordinator was a delight to work with.

This hotel has become our number one recommendation for clients staying in the Tampa Westshore area.

Tampa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2009

If you are seeking the "old Florida" this is the place. The hotel is decorated in tropical theme and just went through renovation. The rooms are quiet and have an outdoor patio with small table and chairs to relax and take in the balmy weather. Shuttle from airport to hotel and food service was great. I definitely plan to stay here again soon.

New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2009

Wonderful place to stay the rooms were extremly clean and smelled great, housekeeper on my floor was amazing to clean up after me. I only got to stay one night but the next time i come back i will be returning with my entire family for our weekend away from home.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled on business

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!