“Weekend getaway” 2 of 5 stars
Review of DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore

Save Saved
You added DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore to your Saves list
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore
Ranked #72 of 159 Hotels in Tampa
Orlando, United States
“Weekend getaway”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Customer service was excellent, best ever. Too bad hotel looks run down. Decoration is dated. Carpet in common areas, specially in hallways was dirty as well as air vents. There were to many zig zag turns to get to rooms on 1st floor. No ice machine at 1st floor.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

DoubletreeTampa, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
While we’re very happy to hear that our dedicated staff worked to create the most memorable experience for you, we do regret that certain aspects of your stay were not as enjoyable. We are currently in the process of upgrades and are working to create a much more pleasant atmosphere throughout our hotel. We hope to have another opportunity to welcome you back where you can experience all we have to offer. Thank you for your review.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Miami
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

staff,-excellent, they have mastered the art of customer service atmosphere-welcoming, staff friendly, helpful, even additional guest were pleasant appearance-poor my particular room could have used some maintenance

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

It’s always nice to hear when our guests are pleased with the service levels that they receive while staying at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport – Westshore. We do apologize for any challenges that you encountered within your guestroom and we will have our Housekeeping team look into any problems that may have occurred. Thank you for your review and please, come and stay with us again soon!
DELAND
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2014

Surrounded by water and trees. Catch a shuttle to great restaurant Rusty Pelican. Lovely suite large rooms. Great beds and linens. Kitchen area. Two huge windows overlooking bay. Sunsets. Can't beat it here. Coming back in two months.

Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
DoubletreeTampa, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore, responded to this review, 4 weeks ago
While your visit to the Tampa area sounds wonderful, we think you may have posted your review for another hotel to our page. The DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport – Westshore is in a great location, but unfortunately does not have bay views as you stated. We’d love to welcome you to our hotel in the future and we hope it’s soon.
Fayetteville, North Carolina
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

First of all the "king sized bed" was a queen at best. Our room was on the end and was very loud. The room smelled of mildew. The air conditioning ran the whole time and was very loud. The breakfast was ok...at $17 a person, that's ridiculous! I figured there would be at least a free continental. Went into the buffet which included a omlette bar. Had no idea it would cost my husband and I, $35 plus a $10 tip that they added to my card (because I wasn't leaving any tip after that sticker shock) that I found later after I got home and checked my account. This was the WORST experience I have ever had with Hilton. Definitely will not stay there again while in Tampa.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
We are truly sorry to hear that we failed to exceed your expectations during your recent stay with us. We do appreciate you bringing your concerns to our attention, which gives us the ability to further improve our services for future guests. Your time is certainly valuable and we a grateful that you took a moment to share with us. Our hope would be to have another opportunity to welcome you back and we hope it’s soon.
Mechanicsville VA, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

1st day, one room was ready the other was not ready until later that evening. Then the lady were confused as to what room I was in. 2nd day, one room was service the other was half serviced. I took a picture and went to the front desk, they sent 2 people up, the head housecleaning ask if there was something left on the bed, I told her no. Then she started to insinuate that something was left on the bed that why the room was not serviced. I stormed down to the front desk and told the (sweet) lady I was going to check out a day early. She ask why and I told her. A half hour later the manager of the hotel called our room. I explained to her, she ask me to please stay, I told her I wasn't, going through a family crisis is bad enough but dealing with this made it worst. She then offered me only 5000 point for my HHH rewards. I did agree to this but after I left I was so angry, I think 5000 point is not a good compensation. This was the straw that broke the camels back. There were other small things too, no coffee cups and no creamers, only one towel in one bathroom, we took another from our other room. it just got to be too much for my first time being a HHH member.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Please accept our sincerest apologies for any issues that made your experience less than impeccable. While it seems our staff worked to create a better situation for you, we certainly do wish that your stay had been more enjoyable right from the start. Thank you for sharing your concerns with us; we certainly do appreciate your feedback.
Chesapeake, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

Although the staff was excellent and there was a good breakfast every morning the room was loud and was very damp. The Air Conditioning unit was very loud and ran constantly. When I turned the unit down the room became musty, hot, and smelled bad within minutes. Every morning my clothing felt wet from the damp conditions in the room. I expected much more from a Hilton hotel and being an HHonors member I was even more disappointed.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

We are disappointed to learn that your stay with us was not as expected and regret any inconveniences you may have experienced. Our commitment to customer satisfaction is our highest priority and it is our hope that our guests will reach out to us during their stays to address any concerns, so we can get you back to enjoying your stay. We hope you will have the opportunity to return and enjoy a stay that exceeds your expectations. Thank you for your review.
Naples, Florida
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2014

When we arrived, I went to the HHonors desk to check in. Your agent, Lola was at the other end of the counter working on a computer. She ignored me for at least 10 minutes. Then another guest arrived to check in. Lola left the front desk and went to the back. She returned a couple of minutes later and began checking the other guest in. I asked if Lola "thought I waiting for a bus?", to which she replied that she was taking care of this guest. After another 5 minutes another agent came up from the back and checked me in. This agent was very nice and efficient, as was all the rest of the staff I encountered during our stay. Other than the chick in process, our stay at your hotel and all the staff was very good. I plan to write a letter to Mr. Christopher J. Nassetta, describing my problem and suggesting that Amber, the hotel manager, be made aware of her staff.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Please accept our apologies regarding any difficulties you may have experienced during the check-in process at our hotel. Your comments have been shared with our staff and we are working to address your concerns. We greatly appreciate the time you’ve taken to bring this point to our attention. It is our hope to have an opportunity to welcome you back to enjoy all we have to offer and renew your trust in our brand. Thank you for your review.

Been to DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Tampa Airport - Westshore? Share your experiences!